[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everything so retarded now? I still remember when YouTube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Q7r7CZh.gif (2MB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
Q7r7CZh.gif
2MB, 550x400px
Why is everything so retarded now?

I still remember when YouTube was a site focused on its users pre-google takeover. There was interesting content and the site was responsive. I feel that with the iPhone it started to go downhill. Now you got a shit ton of unfunny prank channels and the site is infested with clickbait. Of course there still some great channels but most of the bigger ones are trash. Especially gaymin got so cringy if you compare it to < 2010.

Are they actually re-encoding the older videos? Most of them look like total shit now. Also they have no working search so you can't filter videos by age.

Sites a Javascript fest now with so many bloated features that it takes so long to load sometimes. And most comments are utterly retarded duo 8y olds toddling with their iPads.

I feel like the Internet is going to shit soon. It's already mobile layout for desktop users cause tablets and everyone needs to bloat their sites with JS so they don't even work without it.
>>
>>59069228
>I still remember when YouTube was a site focused on its users pre-google takeover.
You are young. Youtube was never anything revolutionary. They sold out immediately when they saw the google cash.
>>
>>59069228

>hurr durr im so le intelligent im a special snowflake hurr durr everyone else is dumb

kys faggot

go to reddit and ask for upvotes for your speshuuul snowflake status you disgusting piece of shit
>>
>>59069240
I mean with having a working site that's okay. Google plus pretty much sucks and the private messages were quite useful too.
>>
File: considerthefollowing.jpg (97KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.jpg
97KB, 1024x1024px
>>59069258

>Unironically using the term snowflake
>>
File: PNwXeA0.jpg (119KB, 539x283px) Image search: [Google]
PNwXeA0.jpg
119KB, 539x283px
>>59069258
>literally triggerd
>>
>>59069258
>le reddit meme
>using reddit formating
>>
>>59069228
Just lurk for smaller channels retard. Good content still exists. I don't subscribe to anyone with >= 50k subs because then they usually go full commercial.

If your computer can't handle YouTube fast it's probably time for an upgrade, I literally never have any problems with it and I spend a lot of time there. (Shitposting etc. , The usual)
>>
>>59069228
Comments may be retarded, but the new G+ comment system is really fucking good compared to the old shitty 500 char limit bullcrap. I remember back then I didn't understand why people freaked out over the new comments, when they were objectively superior. The only problem was that they removed the dislike feature, and that they forced everyone onto G+, but you could just create a channel page or whatever and keep your old username instead of going real name.
And the HTML5 video is objectively superior to fucking flash cancer. Remember when you visited youtube in 2010 from a freshly installed browser and it displayed that install flash shit? Yeah, no-one misses that.
>>
>>59069489
And gaming content was always cancer, it just got even more cancerous with the advent of the minecraft gaming channels. If you see some obviously young kid on youtube , and click on their profile, chances are you'll find their "minecraft survival" series. These little shits all follow the same pattern btw. If you look at their uploads, you'll see a bunch of "new intro"s, a couple different gameplay series they never got to finish, since no-one was watching their crap and they got tired of making it, maybe a second channel announcement or an announcement about why they will stop making videos. And their commenters are always other little kids. I fucking hate them.
>>
>>59069489
HTML5 is godlike.
Does the thumbs down at comments even do shit?
>>
>>59069576
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The thumbs down button is there, but it doesn't affect the sub-count, probably because it's google+ based, and you can't dislike on google+. And the strangest thing is that no-one ever really talks about this, so you feel like maybe the button does work, and you're just slowly going insane.
>>
>>59069645
>sub-count
I mean like-count
>>
>>59069292
>>59069312
>>59069349

this is OP same fagging
>>
>>59069568
Judging from the Minecon I'm convinced that Minecraft gives children autisim. Well they had some good fragnovies of CS16, CSS or stuff from BF1942, BF2. But nowadays it's just ''trolled lmao'' stuff. And I can't understand how people watch streamers all day playing some game. Also don't get the League of Legends hype.
>>
File: scriptblockthruyears01.png (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scriptblockthruyears01.png
209KB, 1920x1080px
This is my problem with modern internet. Back in the day, a website was blocked, it was a simple matter of unblocking <website name>, but now, a page doesn't load and you have to fucking pick and chose which one of the 15 scripts is the one controlling the page content.

Is this honestly how websites circumvent scriptblocking now, make a shitton of scripts that you have to find the correct one to load the page, give up in frustration, and just click "unblock all"?
>>
>>59071734
Anybody?
>>
I remember when there was no youtube. Shit, I even remember when there was no google, Win95 took forever to start and IE was pretty much the only way to access the internet
Fucking newfags shitting up my beloved board
>>
>>59069240

I remember right after Google bought Youtube, I had no idea how they were ever going to make it profitable. I was watching a video and out of nowhere a little Jeep ad came up from the bottom of the screen. As I moused over to hit the x to close it I remember thinking "so THAT'S how they're going to make money off of Youtube".
>>
>>59071923
Use a better ad blocker that doesn't stop all scripts?
>>
>>59072093
funny part is they literally make no profit from youtube, google it (lol)
>>
>>59072093
You all know that channel owners have to enable ads first, because, you know, it's nice having a few extra bucks rolling in for the hours they put in for making content. Content that none of you would ever donate money for, in light of the neet status.
>>
>>59072291
YouTubers see less than half of the ad revenue.
>>
>>59071734
just use umatrix.
>>
>>59072168
the point of his blocker is to stop web sites from starting random scripts.
>>
>>59069489
>removed the dislike feature
That is the single biggest fucking thing I hate. Why have they not even addressed this after years and yyears?
>>
>>59072374

Still better than nothing.
>>
To be honest, I think the internet is a lot 'meaner' on the whole. I am not talking about the kind of anger or meanness on something like /g/ which I can usually get a laugh out of and is expected, but just general cruelty/anger without any kind of thought.

People all over the internet (and in the few online games I play today) will now just immediately call everyone retarded, stupid, fag, ect. Spam entire paragraphs with their poorly thought out opinions. Refuse to help people or receive help, or say thanks, or consider alternate opinions at all. First time you do something wrong, or type incorrectly ect., or make a bad play, they immediately attack you in anyway they can.

I feel like this is due to the fact more 'normal' people have access to the internet, but maybe my memory of the past is just bad. Were people always this mean in the 90's? Early 00's? Everyone back then just seemed much more helpful/considerate (not necessarily nice) on the whole.
>>
>>59069228

Why are you watching videos that children comment on? Too many knocks to the frontal lobe or something?
>>
>>59069228
Mass quantity's of people ruin everything.

Mass quantity's of humans have ruined the world. Mass quantity's of people have ruined 4chan.
>>
>>59071734
Hello fellow no-scripter. Just learn which ones host the images and so on. I actually stopped posting on 4chan since I need to enable fucking google
still 'modern' websites are fucking cancer and I cheer every time when I see one that is not.
empirical experience shows that the less you need to enable, the better will be the site, content-wise.
>>
>>59072523
Kids and idiots are everywhere anon, unless you watch something super niche.
>>
>>59069760
The league hype is a result of retards believing that they can go pro and get paid to pay video games.

The delusion is that since so many external factors affect the game its hard to realise that you are not good enough to actually play professionally and its not your teammates fault you cant hit high ranks.

Also the social aspect of being able to hop on discord with your middle school friends and meme yourselves into stage 5 cancer doesnt help either.

Its just a mix of several factors that make it so popular.
>>
>>59072487
That happens whenever you make something accessible to as wide an audience as possible.

and making things accessible to as wide an audience as possible is what tech companies now do, since their business model is selling advertising, and a bigger audience means more money.
>>
>>59069258
Underage, please. At least pretend to be an adult.
>>
>>59069258
>kys
Are you a 14 year old girl? At least fully type out "kill yourself".
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.