[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bought ATH-M50x the other day and i started getting a pain on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 91AKnvTOhvL._SL1500_.jpg (260KB, 1233x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91AKnvTOhvL._SL1500_.jpg
260KB, 1233x1500px
bought ATH-M50x the other day and i started getting a pain on the top of my head from the heavy headband which probably presses down on my stupid sharp pear-shaped skull

googling a lot this doesn't seem like a very common complaint, everybody calls them comfortable but i can't wear them, had the same problem with a headset i had years ago

can i fix this and if not, if i return these what headphones should i take in place of them? I've used memeberia v2 for 6 years and the headband system in them is very comfortable to me so something like that maybe
>>
>>59067880
They're literally shit tier now did you not hear. Return them and get som DT770s
>>
>>59067880
Well you can still sell them if you can't sort it. THey touch the top of your skull even when flexed all the way out?

Usually people complain about the pads around the ears when there's comfort issues. Which is obviosuly easily fixable, but doesn't really help you.
>>
File: 1476749135895.jpg (37KB, 800x462px)
1476749135895.jpg
37KB, 800x462px
>>59067880
ATH-M50x are quite comfy. I've had a lot of less comfy cans on top of my head for long hours.

Issue is that you're not used to it. After few days of use, you won't even notice them on top of your head.

I've had similar issue when I started using IEMs... they drove me nuts and irritated the shit out of my ears. But after few days, I didn;t even notice them.
>>
>>59067935
>DT770
huge cups + v-shaped sound. kek. no thanks kid.
>>
When I got my ATH-M50 I THOUGHT they were comfortable, because I've always had cheap headphones before. Oh boy I was wrong. I then got the DT770 which are the same price range, and I realized that the ATH-M50 are absolute garbage in terms of comfort. Just ditch them and get some comfy headphones.

Don't trust anybody who says they are comfortable because they are wrong.
>>
>>59067977
>vshaped

It's called character you flat headed fuck AT cunt
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1500x1233px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1500x1233px
I wear them backwards, at this angle. Excuse the retarded pic.

It feels surprisingly comfy, even if I compromise some directional accuracy by wearing em like this, probably. But I'm too anxious playing games nowadays since it's just a time sink with no end in the event of fps.
>>
File: 9000hoursinpaint.png (5KB, 312x295px) Image search: [Google]
9000hoursinpaint.png
5KB, 312x295px
>>59067943
i have a 15 day return policy

when you flex them out enough that they don't weigh on the top of my head the cups are already drooping and shake when i move my head

>>59067961
it's not the pressure on the sides ears, it's that they're weighing down on a single point on the very top of my head
>>
>>59068039
M50X's are also V-Shaped...
>>
>>59068091
Shit, meant for
>>59067977
>>
>have MDR-XB700s
>feels like I'm wearing a pillow
>>
>>59068085
>it's not the pressure on the sides ears, it's that they're weighing down on a single point on the very top of my head
get used to it, faggot. all of them with a headband do that.
>>
File: 1487402848025.png (96KB, 761x451px)
1487402848025.png
96KB, 761x451px
>>59068039
>It's called character you flat headed fuck AT cunt
stupid nigger is stupid.

https://medium.com/@Xander51/audio-dictionary-warm-vs-neutral-vs-bright-and-the-role-your-brain-plays-in-all-this-2ec761759f7b

never post on /g/ again.
>>
Yes OP I know exactly what you mean, 4 year ATH-M50 user here. The problem is that you have the side size adjustments incorrect, likely too loose. Because the earpads aren't clamping enough force to support the headphones, the majority of the weight is being exerted on the headband on the top of your head, which after a long period of use can begin to feel slightly sore. Make sure it's adjusted to a snug fit on your head.
>>
>>59069175
the tighter i wear them the more it presses on my head because my head is relatively long vertically but it isn't very wide in proportion so when it's tight enough to clamp at the sides it's too short to reach over my head comfortably
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.