[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does one nigger rig a system like this? I've got a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: AMDExtravaLANzaToronto7.jpg (34KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
AMDExtravaLANzaToronto7.jpg
34KB, 400x265px
how does one nigger rig a system like this?

I've got a T420 with the NV4200m and i've recently started to play microsoft flight sim.

Is it possible to fake the eyefinity/nvidia multi display shit?

I've noticed some nvidia cards from like 6 years ago had a span feature, is there a way to trick the system into getting this to work?

I dont even need 3 monitors, i just want to run two from the dock. (the good one with the USB3.0 and the 2x DVI/DP ports)
>>
How not just do VR? Move the screen closer to your eyes so you don't need so many screens.
>>
>>59062861
Where's the fun in that?
>>
>>59062861
the T420 certainly could not run VR kek

(also i would assume flipping switches and shit would be a bitch)

plus i want to see if i actually have fun in FSX before dumping a billion dollars creating cockpits.
>>
>>59062850
>t420
you aint doing shit with that, my nigga
>>
>>59063002
theres seriously no way to do this?
Not even some shitty software?

this is fucking lame

i can run a total of 4 monitors, but spanning only two of them together is too much?

damnit lenovo

at least FSX will let me drag gauges to the other monitor...

I guess it's finally time to upgrade, what mobile chipsets support what nvidia calls eyefinity?
>>
>>59063120
Why do you insist on using a laptop? Just build a desktop capable of what you need and keep using your laptop as it seems to already suit your needs outside of this
>>
>>59063150
because i rarely play games, so to have a seperate dedicated system is a bit silly.

I've been spoiled by my t420 and the dock, it makes going from the office to home more enjoyable, and i can dick around on my laptop whereever i want.

Wanna sit on the couch browing emails? no problem
wanna go back to the office with my multimonitor setup and actually get work done? no problem

I've found dealing with external drives, and cloud systems for anything other than backups is simply a daily pain.

Pretty much the only games i use this thing for are world of tanks and kerbal space program.

If i actually played games like when i was 15, i would have already built a desktop, but then again.....

what's the cheapest card that can do eyefinity? If my thinkpad can max out FSX without breaking a sweat, a dedicated flight computer wouldnt cost more than like $250. (besides yokes and shit)
>>
Get an EXP GDC Beast eGPU adapter and a desktop GPU with enough display outputs. E-Z.
>>
>>59062850
>T420 with the NV4200m
lmao

a t420 without the NVS + >>59063389 would've been better
>>
>>59063233
The setup in the OP has 5 monitors and the guy is playing a game across all of them.
You need a dedicated GPU to do this.
Building such a system is not that expensive if you want such a thing.
You need to dedicate space to have a bunch of monitors, why is it silly to buy a box so you can play on them?

And if you don't want to play games, why even bother with the monitors?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.