[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me why I should pay a fucking SUBSCRIPTION for a piece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: jews.jpg (421KB, 1290x688px) Image search: [Google]
jews.jpg
421KB, 1290x688px
Tell me why I should pay a fucking SUBSCRIPTION for a piece of software
>>
Don't pay it they can't force you to.
>>
>>59058488
what is torrent
>>
>>59058488

its called SaaS

they do this for businesses mainly because it gives the business owners the advantage of not having to put up large sums of money today but over time instead

it sucks for consumers tho
>>
If you have a .edu email address then you can get it completely free.
>>
>>59058538
how
>>
>>59058685
http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/featured
you can install anything in the autodesk suite with one-year trials that repeat as long as you want
>>
>>59058685

figure it out dumbfuck
>>
Because depending on who you are it will be better or worse for you in the long run.
Some companies still use old versions of AutoCAD, such as 2012. However, technically there's a new version released pretty much every year.
That being said, the yearly license costs about $1000, compared to AutoCAD 2012 MSRP of $4000 (both rounded to thousands) source: http://www.digitaleng.news/de/autocad-2012-review/ - funny enough even then it had annual subscription.
Basically it's expected that you don't get it for a lifetime, but instead you will intend to upgrade, hence saving money. Albeit finding out how much you are actually going to save and if you are going to save any is going to be a pain, since it wouldn't surprise me if some people still use AutoCAD 2012 purchased back in that year, which would basically make any annual license normally cry their pockets out.
>>
Just torrent them
They add built in DRM to the programs every year, or at least recently from what ive seen.
This makes recent version files unreadable on older versions (missing surfaces, storm/drainage for Civil3D)
Dont know much about AutoCAD since I dont actually use it, just Civil3D
>>
>>59061677
Civil3D is just autocad with addons.
>>
>>59058526
oh wow
2 years of subs. is larger than the straight up payment
>>
>>59058488
You shouldn't.
>>
>>59058488
Because it's profitable to the company that tries to get you to do it.

Adobe switched to software as a service and record profits ensued every year thereafter.

People hate nothing more than change. It costs time and it -worse- requires learning new things. Which most people don't want to do if in any way possible.

>>59061660
Almost always worse. They don't switch to a subscription model to save you money. They switch to a subscription model to keep getting money on regularly updating something that is actually good enough for what it needs to do.
>>
>>59061689
Use your brain. Those aren't plans for the common joe. It's plans for the corporation that WILL be checked by Autodesk for compliance or at least their competitors and they MUST have a license right now, if only for 1 month.
>>
>>59058521
>>59061677
You can't use pirated software in company. Even if you do, beside risking to get fucked from legal, for public competition (in Europe) you have to attach the proof you're using licenced software. This proof is given by Autodesk.
If you have pre-subscription Autocad licence and decide not to upgrade, Autodesk will fuck you because every 3 years they make new DWG file version, and/or Microsoft and hardware vendors will fuck you because they don't support older Windows versions. For example, if you run Autocad 2007 on Windows 7, you get a warning that Acad version is not supported (but it works). My colleague tried to use Civil3D (i think) 2012 or 2013 on Windows 8 and he could run C3D but some fuctions didn't work as they should.
>>
>>59061707
>>59058526
Use your brain. Even companies will just be paying more. This isn't a service for them.

This is how you exploit a dominant position in software. Especially fun to do because no government really does against software monopolies.
>>
>buying you own software
Lol, my work gives me 150usd worth of azure credits every month
>>
>buying you own software
Lol, my work gives me 150usd worth of azure credits every month
>>
SOLIDWORKS > Autocad
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.