[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hpg/ - Headphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 35

File: HD598 anime girl love.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
HD598 anime girl love.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous Thread: >>59034637
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 640x480px
>>59057031
>Windy day
>Constant megaphone noise
>Live-Amplified guitar
>Open back 598's
Anime is confirmed dumb
>>
>Budget
250 usd
>Location
Usa
>Source
Phone and Fiio x1 II
>Type of headphone
Over
>Open or closed
Will be used on the train and plane so closed
>Comfort level
Very
>Sound signature
Neutral or bassy
>Past headphones
Some chink IEMĀ“s
>>
Razer headphones are good, but the Razer Man-O'-War 7.1 Wireless is my favorite, it has built-in surround, which is pretty nice, specifically for CS:GO's HRTF, and it's wireless, where I could go down to my kitchen, get myself something to eat, go to the bathroom, and still talk to my friends/watch a video, and it's also useful for the HTC Vive if you don't want to use headphones.
>>
>>59057163
http://www.4chan.org/advertise
>>
File: TrustyFucks.jpg (826KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
TrustyFucks.jpg
826KB, 3840x2160px
>>59057031
First for best budget headphones.
>>
File: 20170207_143315.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_143315.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>59057228
Second for the best open, closed and earbud under $50
>>
Thoughts on the DT880? No sennshills please.
>>
>>59057337
Sorry for sennshilling but... aren't these HD600 wannabes?
>>
>>59057068
MDR-1A or MSR7
>>
what is a good parametric eq? I prefer something small.
I want my nigbass back
>>
>>59057518
Equalizer APO + Peace GUI
>>
best iem at 100 usd mark?
>>
>>59057549
I dualboot linux and windows so software would be annoying since you would have to somehow sync your configs (if that program runs on linux)

I'd rather just have something on my desk that would go under my magni
>>
>>59057564
You mean like a hardware EQ? I don't think parametric hardware equalizers exist.
>>
>>59057630
They do, but you'll be going through a lot of hassle since they're mostly made for studio applications from what I understand.
>>
>>59057665
>They do, but you'll be going through a lot of hassle since they're mostly made for studio applications from what I understand.
I don't mind that

rack would be fine (but ugly)
>>
Hey lads, I'm looking for some cheap Bluetooth headphones that I can wear at the gym. Do you guys have any recommendations?
>>
File: file.png (554KB, 1065x594px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
554KB, 1065x594px
What are some good tracks for testing out headphones?

Also where to get FLAC files for cheap/free?
>>
>>59057630
>parametric hardware equalizers exist
Sure you can do that. Parametric EQ were originally analog, variable RLC parts all the way.
Of course, it's many times cheaper, easier, and better to do with digital operation. It would be an external unit, but still digital.

>>59057564
Off the top of my head, one of miniDSP units, either as a kit or pre-assembled.
2x4 HD can be used as a DAC, and the cheaper version in which the USB input is just used to program the filters (only analog audio in).

The miniDSP stuff is more aimed at digital crossover design, you should be able to find other products in that vein from stores that sell DIY audio gear.
>>
>>59057826
reeee why can't there just be a magni sized thing with three knobs on it?
Q, gain and frequency
>>
If sound signature is relatively easily shaped, why is there so much concern over the sound signature of a headphone?
Just to get the sound you want out of the box?

I feel like frequency range, comfort, soundstage/imaging, and build quality would take precedent under an always EQ presupposition.
>>
>>59057984
Because there's no saving shit that doesn't have a neutral signature.

Neutral masterrace! HD600 <3
>>
>Sony MDRXB950BT/B

Thoughts?
Yes?
No?
>>
Are VE Monks that much better than regular apple earbuds?
>>
>>59058023
>hd600
No bass lmao
>>
>>59057794
the Golden Time OP, if the drum roll is too in your face your headphones suck
>>
>>59058091
The second OP? I don't remember a drum roll in the first.
>>
>>59058090
You deaf? x"DDD
>>
>>59058102
yeah the second one
>>
File: 41vdVSPSNGL._AC_US160_.jpg (6KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
41vdVSPSNGL._AC_US160_.jpg
6KB, 160x160px
Anyone buy any wireless headphones recently? I'm tired of my wired ones they're a pain and they broke the audio of my case just now
>>
>>59058113
Have fun with no bass, anon. Any other headphones you own?
>>
File: 1485842540022.jpg (15KB, 417x408px) Image search: [Google]
1485842540022.jpg
15KB, 417x408px
>Budget
Around 100 USD
>Location
Burger
>Source
Laptop and clip zip
>Type of headphone
Full sized over ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Maximum comfy. Going to be used 12 hours at a time
>Sound signature
Bassy

Reposting from last thread because I forgot to include a detail. It has to have a removable cable.
>>
>>59058154
HD598, HD380, PX-100.
>>
>>59057886
The little miniDSP is slightly smaller than Magni. They just don't have knobs.
Filtering would also take a lot of knobs and a lot more space.
Would you have preferred the DEQ2496, rack mount and sub-par construction? At least it has knobs.

>>59057984
>frequency range
>soundstage/imaging
These are not distinct from the sound signature.

There's laziness/ignorance.
Being used with multiple devices would mean transferring the correction filters to each new device you used it with. Not all devices are equipped with an adequate equalizer; you may have to buy an external unit.
>>
>>59058197
Not a ton of options out there with a removable cable in your price range.

Nuforce HP-800 (can't speak to their bass), Status CB-1 (pretty flat sound), M40x (mostly flat sound).

You might look into the Basstyle TH-5001 which just look to be Pro 80 rebrands with a detachable cable.

Any of these might require a pad change based on your preference.
>>
>>59058208
None of those headphones have bass, anon. What are you comparing your HD 600s to? Either way, you weren't the shill I was looking for. Oh well.
>>
>>59057704
PowerBeats 3 by Dr. Dre and Apple Inc.
>>
>>59057031
>Budget
R$200 = 65USD
>Location
Brazil
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
full-sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfy
>Past headphones
N/A

I just want it to have really strong bass as well.
>>
>>59058838
> 65 bucks
> Brazil
I don't think you'll be able to afford anything good really.
>>
>>59058838
Senneiser HD 202.
>>
>>59058272
>Status CB-1 (pretty flat sound), M40x (mostly flat sound).

Neither are particularly flat. M40x are slightly V-shaped, and CB-1's are quite bassy.
>>
>>59059059
Try again.
>>
>>59059059
How do you manage to fuck up this badly
>>
>Budget
~$100
>Location
US
>Source
USB
>Type of headphone
FUll Sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Need it for 8 hour work shifts that also provide the best sound quality, have a bunch of callers who have shitty quality phones
>Sound signature
I'm going to use this for gaming as well, so maybe v-shaped? Whatever gives the best all around sound for gaming and music, I guess.
>Past headphones
Rocketfish gaming headset w/ 3D sound

I'm kinda in desperate need for headphones, because my RF headset has a short in the wire that mutes/muffles sound on the left side of the headset, and it makes it hard to hear stuff. Basically the only place still open right now is walmart, so I know the chances of me getting something good from there is slim to none, but does anyone have any recommendations? How are the Razer headsets?
>>
>>59059131
Do you need it to be USB? no 3,5mm?
If so I think you're limited to shitty gayming headsets. Maybe the Cloud HyperX will work but I think they're 3,5mm. The USB dongle they come with has a minijack for the headphones and another for USB.
>>
>>59059148
Cloud's are 3.5, Cloud 2's have the usb.
>>
>>59059162
Oh, then that's definitely what this guy wants. Pretty much his only not-completely-shit choice.
>>
>>59057506
Shit, thanks anon those 2 look awesome
Guys between these two? MDR-1A or MSR7?

I prefer a bassy sound
>>
Is HD588 better than SHP9500S? I thought I'd like to try the SHPs, but the cheapest I get them in Ireland is ā‚¬120 ($127), versus ā‚¬100 ($105) for the HD588.

I'm quite annoyed I don't live in America where I could get some SHPs for $55.
>>
>>59059148
Well, I don't have a proper sound card other than what's on my modem so I'm stuck with the shitty realtek driver and the realtek driver gets super shitty when plugging in and will fuck up my speakers until I reboot my PC.
>>
>>59058933
no i have 200brazillian dollars.

which converts to 65USD
>>
>>59059219
All depends on your prefered sound signature, anon. Both are comparable, but one isn't outright better.
>>
>>59057254
>Samson SR950

Are these easy to drive?
>>
>>59059218
MDR-1A is more bassy.
>>
Is the front, case port actually worse than the rear, motherboard port in a measurable way, or is that claim just a carry-over from another time?
>>
>>59058058
I wouldn't say much but they're better in every way except bass because of the roll off.
>>
>>59059358
No, they should be near identical. They go into the same DAC/Amp. If the wiring is poorly insulated then it may pick up audible EMI. Just listen to the two.
>>
>>59059251
Are import taxes as bad as I heard?
That's why I'm saying you really can't afford anything good assuming you get charged hefty taxes.
Like that other anon recommended your best bet is probably the HD 202
>>
>>59059318
Yeah; They're definitely easier to drive than the 668B's and run off my phone just fine.
>>
>>59059396
Just checking. There's another thread up about DACs/amps and someone was getting meme arrow'd something fierce about how the signal was weaker and inferior with the front port.
>>
>>59059425
Technically it is weaker, but by so little that you couldnt even tell by A/B testing.
>>
Whats the cheapest good quality dap out there? Need microsd support for atleast 64gb
>>
Do amps really make a difference? Starting to doubt an order of the Schiit stack.
Bought a pair of HD6XX's and the difference between them and my old $50 headset is kind of negligible.
I know people say they need an amp to shine, but shouldn't a $200 pair really beat a $50 pair
>>
>>59059463
>the difference between them and my old $50 headset is kind of negligible.
It takes time for your ears to adjust.

See if your friends have a good amp to try with your headphones, or wait till the next "latest and greatest" smartphone comes out with a built in DAC and Amplifier(LG G6), and try it out at the store.
>>
>>59059503
How long do you think I should give for the adjusting?
>>
>>59058197
Does upping my budget to 200 give me any options that fit my requirements?
>>
Why is every single equalizer in Realtek HD Audio fucking garbage except for Powerful?
>>
How long will HD600s go before the plastic starts giving way? I don't toss my headphones around or anything, but the plastic construction concerns me.
>>
Soundmagic E10c or Mee Audio M6 Pro?
>inb4 secret third option
>>
>>59059776
It can be a bit hit or miss. Ive had mine for like 7 years and theyre fine, but my friend has only had his for like 2 and theyre cracking. You can just buy spare parts from Sennheiser directly, though better build from the get go would've been nice.
>>
After taking the lock out of my 588's, I hear rattling in the left earcup. Could this be due to uneven torque to the grill screws?
>>
>>59060001
Sennheiser are fucking jews when it comes to spares.
Earpads for my HD 7 DJ cost 60 bucks a pair. The headphones new cost 115 on Amazon. That includes two earpads, two cables, carrying case and the headphones.
>>
>>59059536
a week.
>>
>>59060126
desu you can probably juse use any generic oblong circle type earpad on the HD7

HD600 pare are another story
>>
>>59059945
Meet in the middle with the E30
>>
>>59060541
they're 70cad, and have no option for inline remote.
>>
Which looks the best?
http://imgur.com/a/Z4Lpe
>>
>>59060701
Of the 3, the top one.
>>
>>59060701
The Aqours one
>>
>>59060701
Bottom right from that image.
>>
My HD600s sound rather unremarkable out of my T520, they sounded fine out of my old desktop with a Xonar DG soundcard. What cheap portable amp/DAC combo device does /hpg/ recommend to liven them up?
>>
So how does /hpg/ clean their Complys?
Mine look disgusting. I've read Hydrogen Peroxide cleans them up good without wearing them down but I don't have any at hand.
>>
>>59060701
Bottom righht
>>
Samsung Level U Pro

Did I do good? Got it for $40 and it's my first BT headset.
>>
Guys.. Im still experiencing weird static sound through my amp/pc and also I got toslink and it didn't even work with my pc and it's the aux adapter and it didn't work.

What the fuck man, what should I do? Im really about to throw this amp through my window.
>>
>>59061172
also I don't know which DC 5V is properly fit to Origen+. Fuck this amp give me my money back
>>
>>59061172
>>59061193
halp
>>
>>59061203
>>59061193
>>59061172
pls
>>
Looking to buy second pair of headphones. I have HD6XX. Want different sound. Maybe K701?
>>
Can someone rec me good earbuds around 30ā‚¬
>>
File: 1472728938248.png (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472728938248.png
27KB, 500x500px
>Budget
Somewhere under 200 USD, maybe 300 depending on the value for money
>Location
Aus
>Source
Some logitech speakers running from the back of my PC. Nothing fancy.
>Type of headphone
Over
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Within reason
>Sound signature
I have no fucking idea
>Past headphones
Sennheiser 212HDs

It needs to have a removable cable, or someone needs to really, really convince me that I won't be fucked with a fixed cable. I've replaced the cable on these at least 6 times and it's been a lifesaver.
>>
>>59061427
>Want different sound.
EQ

>>59061592
M-Audio HDH50
>>
can someone suggest headphones similar in price and squality as the 598 ty
>>
>>59054363
>Could you explain for a pleb?
Sure.
>I commonly see people say it's useless to buy an amp/dac unless you're using lossless.
This is an audio myth born from misconceptions about how lossy compression works and likely misconceptions about how amplifiers, DA-converters and headphones work or how their shortcomings can be audible. You often hear weird ideas about audio where people think each component and source as some sort of a bottlenecks to each other. While this can be the case it's rare and indicates something is broken more than anything.

The problems with amps and DACs boil down to:
>noise and interference(hiss, crackling, noises)
>high output impedance(alteration of frequency magnitude)
>lack of gain(low volume)
>clipping if amplifier is overloaded(distortion under large current draw)

Once certain criteria is met you achieve transparency and if not the signal is audibly altered. The possible alteration caused by your amp and DAC is very different to that of how lossy codecs fail at reproducing the signal. Many people don't seem to understand this but a modern computer/mobile device is already a headphone amplifier and a DA-converter and they can be all that you need for driving headphones properly.

>lossy/lossless
Lossy audio can achieve transparency, too. That means it doesn't necessarily sound any different from lossless. This is common and easy to achieve. Quality of lossy audio is dictated by data rate, encoder and encoder version used, format used and the audio content being encoded. Without knowing all of these parameters it's useless to make claims about it. Transparency is subjective and a moving target on all gear. Being able to tell compression in an ABX listening test takes skill in listening and knowledge of the artifacts. It's a learned trait. Without a double blinded listening test don't bother. Just to note, this says nothing about how objectionable you find the possible artifacts even if audible.

Continues in the next post...
>>
>>59061808
>cont
The perceptual coding makes use of auditory masking(boh temporal and upwards frequency masking) and the ears' lowered sensitivity to specific signals or frequency ranges where less precision is needed, throwing out data and lowering file size. Once you starve the bitrate enough, the quantizer usually fails in high frequency transients. This causes unique coloration which often sounds like echoing and shimmer. It's not clipping distortion or noise, interference like additional sounds in the signal nor are these limitations imposed by inadequate gear good at masking out the failing quantizer and its artifacts. Unless extreme, lossy coding rarely does anything to dynamic range or compression either and it does not meaningfully alter the frequency magnitude which would be the domain of headphones.

So what do you make of all this? It means your headphones, amplifier or DA-converter has very little relevance in hearing compression artifacts. Their problems lie in different domains each can be audible simultaneously. There exists some correlation but only with downright broken or extremely low fidelity gear. Headphones or modern computer electronics aren't part of that. Going back to your original question
>If your music isn't lossless, is there any reason to buy an amp/dac and headphones over $100?
Ignore the price of these components. They don't guarantee you anything.
>>
>>59061822
some typos and additions...

>both* temporal and
>and* each can be audible
>headphones [discussed in these threads]*

At work, I might be slow to reply.
>>
Best IEMs below $50 chink stuff allowed go!
>>
>>59062221
Tennmak Pro
Carbon Tenore
>>
I need an amp+dac for home use and there is used Q1 for sale which I can get for half-price of E10k. Cop or not?
>>
The hm9s are supposed to be very sound isolating and very comfy. In that case, is there any reason to replace the hm9 pads with hm5 pads? Will I lose some isolation? Will I gain comfort? Will I lose bass?
>>
File: 1466218201508.png (60KB, 746x563px) Image search: [Google]
1466218201508.png
60KB, 746x563px
>Budget
Less than $100
>Location
USA
>Source
Desktop PC
>Type of headphone
Over-ear
>Open or closed
Closed preferable
>Comfort level
Willing to sacrifice sound quality for comfort to a decent extent
>Sound signature
Neutral is fine, but I don't need bass at all
>Past headphones
Superlux HD681 Evo

Mainly using them for VoIP communication with friends and ambient sounds in gayman'.
>>
>>59062221
Xiaomi Piston 3
>>
I recently bought a Sennheiser PC 360 special edition and the sound is muffled unless I tweak the equaliser, is it supposed to be normal ? And even then I can't come up with a sound that I like. Could it be counterfeit or a manufacturing defect ?
>>
>>59062426
Takstar Pro 80
>>
>>59062634
>buy veilheisers
>complain about veil
LUL
>>
>>59062691
So it's normal and is just a matter of getting used to it ? I've tried for a week, I guess I'll try again.
>>
>>59062634
Try them on other sources like your phone or a different computer. It may just be your computer being shit.

That said, if you don't like them, return them. No sense owning something you don't like.
>>
>>59062903
Tried on a laptop and a phone to compare with my pc and the problem persists. I don't understand how this could be liked by someone. So yeah I'll probably return them, I'm just hoping you can tell amazon "I just don't like it".
>>
>>59062996
>I'm just hoping you can tell amazon "I just don't like it".
I think they only charge you like $5 or something if you don't like it.
Though you could claim you think they're broken/fake as they sound muffled and shit.
>>
>>59063014
Thanks for these answers.
>>
>>59060776
schiit fulla2.
>>
anyone using focusrite scarlett stuff here? do you use a separate amp with it?
>>
>>59062634
Sigh, headsets.

Why do people keep buying headsets.
>>
>>59063277
I use one, but only for my microphones. Even my FiiO Q1 sounds better in terms of headphone out. The volume of my 2i4 is depressingly low.
>>
>>59063314
better in sound quality or just volume?
>>
>>59063330
Hard to say. On my IEMs the Scarlett has hiss, so I cant compare SQ there, and on all my fullsize, it's too weak to drive them loud enough.

I'd say both, though I can't really give you a 100% answer.

Though don't buy one unless you need it for it's actual interfacing ability. DAC/Headphone out should be the last thing you worry about.
>>
Anyone know the consensus for whether the modi-2 multibit is actually notably better than the Uber?
>>
>>59063376
It's marketing BS. If they sound better, I don't know, but multi-bit is retarded audiophile snake oil. Better implementation is something else, and is likely all it offers.

Though honestly, just get the Uber.
>>
>>59062273
>>59062564
thanks anons
>>
>>59063368
Nah I actually got a scarlett solo 2nd gen because I need to record bass guitar through it. But it also sounds rather decent when I pair it with my 90s sony stereo deck via RCA outputs.

For what its worth headphone output jack is low in volume even on 1000$ audio interfaces. It's always the low priority thing.
>>
>>59063330
Gain aside (which you won't see because you'll keep the volume knob at a level where it doesn't hurt your ears), amps do not increase volume.

They do, however, provide power, which your headphone driver needs to actually move and produce sound.

If the source doesn't provide enough power, the sound ends up distorted (muffled), so there's your quality difference.

If the source provides enough power, then it's going to be exactly the same.
>>
>>59063414
>It's marketing BS. If they sound better, I don't know, but multi-bit is retarded audiophile snake oil

Actually, the snake oil is the "sound better" part. Multibit manage to measure better, with some crazy high SNR values. But as it's all, multibit or not, above 100dB these days, that doesn't matter in the slightest.
>>
>>59063376
I have the MMU stack, which is fine, and I have tested the Fulla2.

My advice is that, if you don't need the extra power of the magni2, which most likely is the case, you should just get a Fulla2, a much cheaper, way more practical device than the stack.
>>
File: v.jpg (70KB, 431x432px) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
70KB, 431x432px
>tfw $50 pioneer cans
>left plastic holder cracked so I had to niggerrig it with zipties
>want to kill myself every time i enter this thread
>>
>>59063549
>Multibit manage to measure better
In some areas only and not always.
>>
File: 1481213368151.jpg (24KB, 628x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481213368151.jpg
24KB, 628x800px
Just bought a used DT990 for $65. Was it a good deal?
>>
>>59063570
Awww, man. I'm coming off a Fiio e10 (not k), and I wanted to get something a little bit more stationary and showy for my desk. Get out of here with your reasonable, 1/3 the price options.

One of the main sells though, is that with the magni/modi ubers is that in the future when I cycle through it, that can go to many other things, the fulla on the other hand is pretty specific. Just not sure I want to spend $200 for potential compatibility and some style points or not.
>>
>>59063883
The knob of the fulla2 is so much bigger and satisfying...

But sure, I do not dislike my schiit stack at all. If that's pocket change for you (it was for me), then by all means ;)

I'm using spdif rca from pc and optical from ps3 (ar noSurge on my HD600... christ). USB is free for playing around with other sources.
>>
File: 20170222113041.png (26KB, 934x212px) Image search: [Google]
20170222113041.png
26KB, 934x212px
What am I in for?
>>
>>59064141
Clicking "Request Cancellation" and ordering yourself something good for a change.

Like some Sennheiser HD600.
>>
File: caring for sushi roll.gif (568KB, 530x398px) Image search: [Google]
caring for sushi roll.gif
568KB, 530x398px
>Budget
from 30-80 dollars, looking for best price/quality ratio
>Location
Czech republic (Central Europe)
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
fullsized
>Open or closed
prefer closed
>Comfort level
as comfortable as possible. My head's pretty big and I'm wearing glasses, it happens to me that headphones are too "tight", making my ears press against glasses.
Quite painful
>Sound signature
don't really care
>>
File: 1413146609805.jpg (209KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1413146609805.jpg
209KB, 1200x900px
>>59064174
>snapheiser
>good
>>
Contemplating getting the K7XX on massdrop right now, but I see a lot of people saying the K712's are worth the extra cash. What do?
>>
>>59064297
I though they are same headphones just different names.
>>
>Budget
20-50eu
>Location
Spain
>Source
Desktop
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Very
>Past headphones
Chink tin cans
>>
>>59064512
K712's have a better soundstage from what I read, and they also seem to be less cheap feeling since they're not made in China.
>>
>>59064607
>>Budget
>20-50eu

Christ. That's fucking limited. Maybe Koss portapro (on ear) or xiaomi piston 3 (iems).
>>
>>59064276
For comfortable, you're better off with open.

HD598 is my suggestion, sometimes obtainable under 100ā‚¬.
>>
>>59064708
Sorry anon, I'm very poor and my ears fucking hurt.
>>
>>59057347
>>59057337
No, DT880 existed before the HD600 existed.

I have both. DT880 has better comfort and construction. I prefer HD600's sound, but I think DT880 has a superior treble response, the HD600's treble response is a bit weak IMO, but some find it perfect.
>>59061858
>work
:^)
>>59064627
They're the same thing.
>>
>>59064793
I've seen reviews that put the DT880 in the same ballpack as the HD598 in comfort and overall quality, but HD598 being more in the neutral side and DT880 somewhat in the colored side.

HD600 are on a higher ballpack.
>>
File: 1486168014889.jpg (99KB, 288x402px) Image search: [Google]
1486168014889.jpg
99KB, 288x402px
>>59064865
>ballpack
>>
Can anybody give me a hand?

I bought pic related because i got myself some nice(er) headphones than the usual gayming ones.

Problem is, i also got a modmic for them and i wanted to plug them to pic related which connected to the pc via optical cable to reduce annoying grounding problems from my microphone.

Problem is, even if i plug the dac via USB to the pc and also via optical, the audio only comes IN the pc via usb as it comes out via usb.

am i missing something here?
>>
>>59064865
>>59064881
ballpark.
>>
File: my true power.gif (1014KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
my true power.gif
1014KB, 500x281px
>>59064765
thank you for suggestion, but they are outside of my budget.
Also if the headphones had microphone, that would be great, but not neccesary
>>
>>59063549
>>59063414
I can't discern if you are talking about the Modi or multibit architectures in general, but multi-bit delta sigma conversion has long been standard.

>>59063630
>>59063376
Modi Multibit is worse in every quantitative way.
Now, whether it actually sounds worse is another thing.
>>
>>59065056
>Modi Multibit is worse in every quantitative way.

It has good SNR... that's pretty much it. I went for the uber instead, as the snr is good enough and I'm not about to pay the extra price for the weird dac.
>>
>>59064276
>ywn be a happy lil' sushi roll
>>
Sony MDR-XB450 with treble boosted are fucking glorious. It's the weirdest thing. They did something with these that they didn't realize they did.

Also, why do I have to do 4 screens of captchas? That webm of the guy trying to solve calculus equations is going to be a reality soon.
>>
>>59061822
Checking back in late, but thanks for this anon, interesting stuff.
>>
>>59057031
What are your opinions on Skullcandy?
>>
>>59064607
>Poor kid stuff
>Tascam TH02, Monoprice 8323, Superlux 661 or anything Superlux, any Pro 80 rebrand.

All will have their own imperfections, probably will need new pads eventually.
>>
>>59063652
You payed a third of retail price, so yes.
>>
>>59064276
Newegg Open Box SHP9500 with Vmoda BoomPro mic.
>>
>>59065502
wub wub wub for the riffraff.

Stop using plebphones. Get something neutral signature FFS.
>>
>>59065502
Anything and everything from Skullcandy is garbage
>>
>>59065774
>>59065817
And why are they garbage?
>>
File: 1486891721696.jpg (101KB, 512x411px) Image search: [Google]
1486891721696.jpg
101KB, 512x411px
>dt 880 600's arrive

comfort:
>have to use maximum headband adjustment because my head has been replaced with a watermelon
>pads still touch the bottom of my ear because i have giant watermelon-head ears
>some weird hard clamping force behind my cheekbones which feels shitty
>everywhere else the clamp is fine
>tldr; sucks being a literal watermelon head

sound:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH I JUST WASTED 250 CAD ON THIS SHIT?
>>
File: 61E7XiHM-LL._SL1500_.jpg (90KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61E7XiHM-LL._SL1500_.jpg
90KB, 1500x1500px
Not headphones, but you might be able to help.
My Samsung earbuds that come with the Galaxy S5 broke, and I need something with noise isolation, since I cut grass all day at work. Something cheap will do, since it's a high noise environment, but I don't want to waste money on shit.
Amazon has tons of Betron on the under 15Ā£ mark. Is it any good?
>>
>>59066340
They compete with HD598. The DT880 are more "fun" and bassy whereas HD598 are more neutral, but they're not very dissimilar.

Allow at least a week to get used to them, while resisting urge to EQ or use other phones (if you do, you won't get used to them).

It's going to take a while, particularly if it's the first neutral-ish headphones you've ever used.
>>
>>59066340
Stretch the headband.
>>
>>59066340
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
Too bright?
>>
File: 1695556.png (52KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1695556.png
52KB, 1600x900px
>>59065140
SNR? I don't know exactly how Modi "multibit" fares.
I do know a related DNR measurement, which paints it as positively bad.

The DFT will appear to reduce incoherent signals (noise), so the true noise level is actually much higher than it appears on the chart.
It looks to be at least 30 dB greater than shown.
>>
File: 410UC6iSx6L._SY445_.jpg (19KB, 291x445px) Image search: [Google]
410UC6iSx6L._SY445_.jpg
19KB, 291x445px
Anyone got any opinions on the CB3 Hush? Price and Function seem mostly what i'm looking for
>>
File: 1486151547272.png (132KB, 540x301px) Image search: [Google]
1486151547272.png
132KB, 540x301px
>>59066537
I own the 598 and they have more bass. The 880's are kind of bass skinny especially on lower bass.

>>59066669
Too disappointing and hollow. It's a bit bright but I don't find it anywhere close to annoying unless I turn the volume to deafening.

I think I prefer the 598's in every aspect. Beyers remorse, never again.
>>
>>59058102
>>59058121
actually I think I was remembering the wrong song, it was the Working OP that I noticed had a really annoying guitar strut that would ruin the entire song if you had bad headphones, Golden Time had similar issue but I don't think it's as bad.
>>
I'm 30 seconds from just ordering the Soundmagic E10c.
$51cad+shipping is the cheapest I could find it for.

I'm sick of not having an inline remote. It's fucking cold outside.
>>
>>59064907
if your ballparks aren't at least above Troposphere level, they ain't worth shit
>>
>>59066808
If you are on Windows and have equalizer APO, try this EQ preset:

Preamp: -5 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 20 Hz Gain 4.5 dB Q 0.7
Filter: ON PK Fc 2500 Hz Gain 3 dB Q 0.8
Filter: ON PK Fc 3500 Hz Gain 0.5 dB Q 2
Filter: ON PK Fc 4500 Hz Gain 2 dB Q 3
Filter: ON PK Fc 9000 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 4.5

You can copy the filters for any parametric EQ though.
>>
>>59064865
I have all three. I own a fuckton of headphones.

Comfort:

DT880 Premium > HD598 > HD600 > DT880 Pro

The DT880 Pro has high clamping force and a different headband compared to the Premium Edition.

Neutrality:

HD600 > HD598 > DT880

DT880 is the least neutral but it has the best bass extension and the treble is good if you can tolerate a brighter signature. The bass extension is overrated though, the Senns appear to have more bass because of the accentuated upper bass response.

Durability:

DT880 > HD598 > HD600

Not that the HD600 is fragile but it isn't a tank like the DT880 and it lacks the HD598's flexibility.

>ballpark
>>>/reddit/

>>59064911
HD558?

>>59066340
top kek
>>
>>59066924

I tried that thing. Doesn't seem to work properly on Windows 10. Only the default "config.txt" would have any effect. Which means it was impossible to create profiles.
>>
>>59066103
I've had the Hesh2 over ear, Ink'd IEM and Uproar on ear when I used to buy them. They're all bass, mids and treble are very recessed except the IEM which was just overly bassy and bled into everything else.
>>
>>59066971
>Doesn't seem to work properly on Windows 10
Works on my machine(tm)

But true enough you can't do much about shit comfort or your head size.
>>
>>59066808
Oh well. I haven't tried them myself, and I own HD598 too (although I've got HD600 since recently... I'm still adapting; they're either shit or amazing vs what I'm used to).

I heard the DT880 had similar soundstage and imaging as HD598 but a bit colored... I guess it was bullshit.

I favor neutral religiously, so at the very least I'm sure I haven't done any damage by recommending DT880 to anyone ;)
>>
Has anyone tried different pads on the DT880's? I've heard 770 velours add more isolation and more bass.
>>
File: 1.png (25KB, 1422x451px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
25KB, 1422x451px
>>59066924
Pretty shitty EQ settings unless I messed something up.
DT 880 lack gain from 1 kHz to 3 kHz, not from 500 Hz to 7 Khz. The preset makes the treble spike at 6 kHz worse than it already is and doesn't deal sufficiently with the lack of bass and excessive treble around 9-10 kHz.
>>
File: IMG_20170209_142710.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170209_142710.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>59057228
They comfy
>>
>>59067397
HM5 Pleathers? How do they affect the sound compared to stock?
>>
>>59067182
really? I would assume the 770 pads aren't different from 880 pads, at least not by a lot
>>
Doing the tests on this page (http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php) since I don't have fancy audio equipment. Get to binaural test, but I didn't read, so I got up and answered my door. Twice. Started to actually get mad.
>>
>>59067477
Theyre difinitely stiffer/firmer foam than the ones used in 880/990's which are a lot softer and 'pillowy' in comparison which is why I asked
>>
what's the best european online headphone store that ships world wide?
I want something that sell beyer spare parts and sennheiser headphones so I can consolidate items in a single package.
>>
>>59067566
retard
>>
>>59067620

Don't be like that.

>>59067610

Why specifically a European vendor that ships worldwide? Why not a local vendor?
>>
>>59067456
I don't know how to describe it but everything sounds a little bit more distant. Also the pads are stiff and case the headband to put too much pressure around your ears.
>>
>>59067819
So slightly wider soundstage basically. At least comfort's further improved (:
>>
I live in France, and I can get the M40x for the same price as NVX Perfect10 (80bucks). Should I get it ? I'm in need of a nice comfy headphone for some time.
>>
File: currentsituation.jpg (3MB, 4640x2610px) Image search: [Google]
currentsituation.jpg
3MB, 4640x2610px
What would you guys reccomend as some ok budget headphones?
I've been using these monster inspirations almost every day for the past 3 or 4 years. They've survived a few falls, but the hinges are now supported by 2 pieces of plywood each and duct tape. The "leather" earmuffs are frayed and the glue has long since deteriorated. One earmuff is held together with black electrical tape and I've just replaced the other one with duct tape after the glue went fucky on the other one.
My budget is arount 40-60ā‚¬. I dont really give too much of a shit about quality or brand names. I mostly care about comfort. These are generally rather big and don't press too hard on the ear. Other's I've tried are just too small or hard, or the headband is painfull.

>Budget
30-70ā‚¬
>Location
Spain
>Source
Desktop PC
>Type of headphone
Full size
>Open or closed
Preferably closed though I dont mind much
>Comfort level
xtra
>Past headphones
This and other cheap shit
>>
>>59068161
Forgot to say, I'm willing to get near 100ā‚¬ if they're nice but I can't go much over 70ā‚¬
>>
>>59067673
>>Why specifically a European vendor that ships worldwide? Why not a local vendor?

I live in the middle east, very rare official retailers with a very limited stock and the worst selections, ordering from europe + shipping + tax would still be slightly cheaper than what I have to pay for what I'm looking for here.
>>
>Budget
200USD
>Location
USA
>Source
Desktop, Tablet
>Type of headphone
Full-sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
I'm willing to sac some comfort for sound quality but I'd prefer being able to fall asleep with them on
>Past headphones
Bose QC25
>>
>>59067946
Yeah after a while the ear pads become softer and your ears no longer touch the drivers
>>
I keep a pair of JVC Flats in my car in case I forget headphones or something.
Their sound is pretty meh, but they fill a need.

Anything in the $20 US range that sound better for portable on ears?

Only others I've come across are some Monoprice on ears that maybe had the dullest sound I've ever come across.
>>
>>59068161
The SHP9500s have some really soft and smooth earpads. Your ears will touch the drivers but you'll get used to it after a while.
>>
>>59068368
Koss KCS75
>>
>Budget
unlimited
>Location
denmark
>Source
phone
>Type of headphone
in-ear
>Open or closed
does this apply to in-ears?
>Comfort level
very
>Sound signature
neutral
>Past headphones
audio technica m50x
beats by dre studio v2 wireless
powerbeats

looking for bluetooth in-ear solution for when im at the gym, my studio v2's are trash in that regard.
>>
>>59061403
>>59061203
>>59061193
Come on, HELP ME
>>
>>59061172
I'd guess this is a grounding issue with your motherboard or psu, if it has an effect on both your pc audio out and usb dac/amp.

>>59061193
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005CVNH1Q
That seems to be Amazon's "Frequently bought with" for the Origen
>>
>Budget
250 can strech to 300 usd max
>Location
Usa
>Source
Phone, PC via SMSL M6 and Riuzu x2
>Type of headphone
Over
>Open or closed
Will be used on the train, plane and some use in my pc so dont really dont know if open or closed
>Comfort level
Very
>Sound signature
Neutral or bassy
>Past headphones
KZ ATE and Cloud II
>>
>>59068751
>motherboard
fuck this motherfucking world im killing myself

fuck this rotten jewish universe
>>
>Budget
300 reais
~ 70$
>Location
Brazil
>Source
Phone and notebook
>Type of headphone
Over
>Open or closed
It doenst matter
>Comfort level
Confort is welcome but I prefer sound
>Sound signature
Neutral, Balanced, Good for all types of music
>Past headphones
Senheiser HD 202 (broken)

Help me pls
Me ajudem pfvr
>>
>>59057794
Bohemian rhapsody
>>
File: 1481139780398.png (264KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
1481139780398.png
264KB, 500x532px
>>59069630
>>
are the philips x2 good in terms of build quality?
>>
>>59068122
>comfy
>m40x
heh
>>
What's a good amp and DAC for the AKG K712?
>>
>>59070808
O2+ODAC
>>
>>59068960
That was just what I was guessing. It may be something more minor, like your headphone cable or its output terminal. I don't know if you've tried another pair of headphones, a different cable, etc, to confirm this.
>>
What amp should I get to go with DT-990's?
>>
>>59070679
I'd say so. I've owned my X2 for a little over two years now, and have yet to come across any issues with build quality.
>>
>>59070960
I'd prefer something a bit cheaper than that. Is the Schiit Fulla 2 any good? Or is it enough to just get an amp?
>>
>>59070996
Did you receive the headphones yet? You might not need an amp.
>>
>>59071115
I didn't receive them yet, I guess I'll be able to tell if I need an amp, thanks.
>>
>>59071109
>Is the Schiit Fulla 2 any good?
Haven't seen any measurements of the Fulla, so I can't tell.
>Or is it enough to just get an amp?
You tell me.
>>
are there any more companies like Schiit?
>>
Why is it that almost every person asking for headphone reccs want a bassy sound signature? Are they all plebs who only listen to dubstep and rap? Do they have blockages in their ears?

Get an equalizer and use neutral headphones you unwashed creatures.
>>
File: tegaki.png (5KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
5KB, 400x400px
>>59071278
this is the sound curve of 'flat' open headphones
>>
What's /hpg/'s opinion on the ATH-M50x? Any better/cheaper alternatives?
>>
>>59057228

How are these for gaming? I play with friends so I'm worried the sound leak might be intense when I PTT. When I play with speakers they don't hear themselves or the game but my mic isn't pointed at the speakers, it's pointed at my face where my headphones will be.

Will the sound leak be bad for this? Are open backed headphones even good for gaming or should I go closed?
>>
>>59071471
ATH m40x is cheaper and arguably better.
>>
File: 47473277_p0.jpg (244KB, 700x979px) Image search: [Google]
47473277_p0.jpg
244KB, 700x979px
Does anyone know how different aptX sounds compared to non-aptX bluetooth
>>
>>59071565
Good to know.

Out of curiosity, what makes it better?
>>
>>59071578
no one in /hpg/ knows two shits about bluetooth but people sure love to argue about it
>>
>>59071605
>what makes it better?
Ones opinion on its sound.

Its said that the 50's are more bassy (some say bloated) and have harsh treble. 40's are more flat.

If you want a V shaped headphone like the 50's the DT 770 is considered a better alternative.
>>
>>59071701
>V shaped

why do people hate mids so much?
>>
I figure since there isn't a microphone general I could ask this here, but what is a good mic for under 40 dollars that doesn't need phantom power?
>>
>>59071726
I don't hate it man. Its just that if you want a V shape. DT 770 might be a better alt.

If you want something portable, m40x might be a better alt.

If you want something portable and like the sound of the m50x's then buy em.
>>
How can I tell if my ears are neutral? How can I equalize it out?
>>
>>59071987
human ears aren't neutral

for example, we can here things in the 1.5-3kz range better than other parts of the spectrum. Some say it is because that is where most human speech lies.

A 'flat' signature is desirable because it is what will most accurately play the music according how the recording studio intended.
>>
>>59072017
Yeah but what if the audio engineer hears some frequencies louder than me. How can I make it sound to me like it sounds to him?
>>
>>59071278
People have different preferences. Maybe some are sensitive to treble, and would prefer a darker, more relaxing sounding headphone. Or maybe they'd like a more "fun" sounding v-shaped sound signature.

>eq headphones
While you may be able to get away EQ'ing some headphones, others will sound like shit. For example, EQ'ing a flat sounding headphone by increasing the bass and/or treble may bring about distortion, it all depends if the drivers and/or possibly design of the headphone can handle it or not.

>>59071726
Maybe they just don't prefer a sound signature where the mids sound too intimate/closed in/singers yelling right next to their ear?

>>59071757
If you're just doing things like voice comm, just look into the usb mics at that price range, they all have a preamp and ADC built in, so it's just plug and play. If you prefer to use your computer's mic port (or an interface without phantom power), best bet is to look into dynamic mics, as they're passive and don't require phantom power. Though some dynamic mics may be less sensitive than others (which may require a preamp).
>>
>>59072044
you can't

sound engineers buy 'flat' speakers as a point of reference.

This 'point of reference' thing also applies to imagery as well. Artists will use sRGB for their digital paintings since most printers agree on what sRGB should look like
>>
>>59064293
How the hell do you manage that? My Hd600s have been droped a million time and are fine.
>>
>>59064293
>people with massive heads be like
>>
>>59072167
that's the thing about brittle plastic
one moment it's working just fine, the next you have to pay $90 for a new headband
https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/sennheiser-replacement-complete-headband-for-hd600.html
>>
Can someone recommend me a ~50 pair of headphones for gaming. I see Philips SHP9500 thrown around a lot but idk how open backs are for gaming over voice.
>>
>>59072278
POST IN THE PROPER FORMAT REEEEE
>>
>>59072278
For gaming I would recommend an open pair of cans as they generally have a much wider sound stage and thus better positional audio.
Look into Superlux HD-668 B and indeed Philips SHP9500.
I have no idea what you mean by gaming over voice though.
>>
>>59072443
>open
You can't have them too loud while you're in a call though
>>
>>59071701
I read some other reviews comparing the two as well; I decided I try out the 40's, plus they're way way cheaper than the 50s.

I can always send them back, I guess. A coworker of mine let me borrow his beats studio 2.0s and I was kinda blown away by how much better they sounded than my shitty panasonic earbuds so I went and did some research for cheaper alternatives. I was pointed at the 50's, which is why I asked in this thread.

Hoping they impress, apparently this whole time my audio experience has been suboptimal and I never knew it.
>>
>>59072443
>wider sound stage and thus better positional audio.
You are wrong.
Do yourself a favor and read the AES paper titled Effect of Headphone Equalization on Auditory Distance Perception. You can find it in the wiki.
>>
>>59072488
Never had a problem with that.
>>
>>59071518
Impressively wide soundstage for under $100, but they do leak alot. People will pick up on what you're listening, but just not clearly.
>>
>>59072536
It states that when not equalized, the type of headphone makes a difference. As I find it highly unlikely that people will go trough this process I stand by my statement.
>>
>>59061172
>>59060776
>>59059425
>>59059437
>>59062331
>>59070996

Just get a cheap USB DAC/AMP device, like the fulla2. They do two things:

The DAC: Converts digital to analog. Your computer does this already if it has an analog output. So does your phone. Generally, this is a well understood problem that's more than solved by now, and cheaply so. Some people prefer to do it externally because it ensures that the result is the same regardless of the source.

Generally, your computer will have a DAC chip that is definitely good enough, but many motherboards will fuck up on the surrounding electronics, and you might hear noise as you, say, move a window around in the screen. A decent external DAC is a portable way to solve this. An internal sound card will solve this too. A bad (classic chink) USB DAC will actually make things worse, as USB power is low quality and chink seldom cheapen on filtering it to an usable state. A good one will do its job and that's it, you'll typically forget it's there.

The AMP: Provides power as necessary, a little gain (a few more dB top volume, unnecessary unless music mastered at crazy low volume, or you're deaf), and a convenient knob to decrease the gain. Typically, your headphones receive audio as an analog signal (AC). Voltage represents the amplitude of the wave. Your cans will output more or less volume at a given voltage (so called "sensitivity") and pull more or less current (amperes) to actually move the driver (active component that makes the sound). Some headphones are more efficient than others, unrelated to sound quality.

Generally, your source can provide more than enough volume, so the added volume (the "gain") will likely be superfluous. A knob is nice. You'll need an amp only if your cans pull more current than the source's builtin amp provide, which results on distortion (muffling).

* https://nwavguy.blogspot.ie/2011/09/more-power.html
* https://www.audiobot9000.com/
>>
>>59073024
>>59070273 (OP)

Just be careful not to spend over a hundred bucks in such device, particularly if your headphones aren't way more expensive than that: They're the important part, so that's what you should spend your money on.

Chances are, your source is totally fine and you don't need an external dac or amp in the first place.

I do, however, own a Schiit Fulla 2. I'm deep in audiophile hell, so I do have many headphones, which cost me near 1kā‚¬. Some of them, particularly the Sennheiser HD600 (which I love and recommend), are inefficient AF and will just sound bad when directly plugged to my computers and laptops; Fulla2 solves that issue. One computer I do use a lot has terrible isolation and, when not playing any music, graphics are clearly hearable, so switching browser tabs or moving windows around causes horrible noise. Fulla2 solves this too. I play deresute and llsif (idol hell!) on my phone, which can't even power my HD598. Fulla2 also solves this; Power from a computer, phone headphone out -> fulla2 line in, as using the fulla2 as dac does change the latency offset of the games, the phone DAC is perfectly fine and I play without phones sometimes...
>>
>>59072443

>I have no idea what you mean by gaming over voice though.

Worried friends in a voice call will hear themselves echoing. I can play with speakers and they don't hear, but my mic points away from speakers. It'd be pointed towards my head where the headphones are.
>>
>>59073179
>>59072541
>>
Are there any decent Equalizers for Android that are similar to EQ APO with Peace?
>>
>>59073179
They won't hear your headphones unless you're blasting them loud or your mic is very sensitive to sound pickup. My Soonhua desk mic pics up nothing I play while the Zalman ZM Clip on I had did a little when it was high up the cord.
>>
>>59073179
The sound coming from the headphones should not bleed into the mic, unless you have the mic really close to your headphones, or you have the volume set rather high on the headphones themselves.

Most voice comm software usually have a threshold slider to help block out unwanted sounds and usually fixes (or minimizes) any possible bleed (assuming you are using voice activation instead of push-to-talk).
>>
>>59073266
>>59073312

What would be a reason to go with the Superlux HD668B over the Philips 9500? Besides the Superlux being cheaper.
>>
>>59073537
More bass and modding
>>
>>59073597

And why choose the Philips?
>>
>>59073652
Comfiness and overall sound quality.
>>
>>59073537
I don't have experience with either headphone, so I can't comment about how they perform sonically. Though, the shp9500 looks better built and more comfortable; I'm really not a fan of the wing support system, and rather prefer a regular-style or suspended headband.
>>
>>59073671

If you had to pick one for gaming which one do you think would overall the best for both immersion and sound stage to pick up footsteps and whatnot.
>>
>>59073751
Either one really. If you want a 668B with better comfort, look at the Samson SR850 though the cable doesn't detach
>>
>>59071578
>aptX/AAC and SBC
That's not something that can be easily end user tested. The quality will depend on signal, affecting bitrate.
At best, they both sound fine, and you probably then should worry more about the many other things that can go wrong with a headphone.
At worst, likely from being poorly configured, the audio quality can be downright poor. Anecdotally, aptX devices are less prone to dramatic failure, but don't take that too seriously.

>>59072810
Equalization? That's not much of a labor.
The headphones don't have remotely the same transfer function prior to matching procedure, so there isn't much useful point in comparing them then.
The essential point being that "soundstage" isn't a distinct concern; it is given by magnitude response.

>>59073241
Last I checked, something system wide like that would require root.
Only thing remotely on par for utility I can think of is Viper4Android.
Definitely not flexible, as you have to implement the EQ filters via impulse convolution.
>>
File: SHP9500S_.jpg (151KB, 900x719px) Image search: [Google]
SHP9500S_.jpg
151KB, 900x719px
>>59066340
you should have bought Philips SHP9500s.

very comfortable for fatties
>>
>>59073851
I wouldn't mind rooting for a decent EQ
>>
>>59073751
The SHP9500s pick up sound really well. Both are really good gaming headphones for the price; both having enough soundstage for gaming, but the SHP9500s have comfort over the HD668Bs. With the SHPs, they float on top of your head; while with the HDs, while they work for me, they're OK at best compared to the SHPs. Not to mention, the headband may not work for everyone.

Some people may claim to compare them against HD 600s, but they're at best, slightly better HD 558s.
>>
>>59073885
>R
>L

gross
>>
File: 60398430_p0.jpg (341KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
60398430_p0.jpg
341KB, 1200x1200px
>>59073851
Thanks. I hope my honor8 phone won't sound too bad on bluetooth. once you're used to wireless you cant go back
>>
File: TrustyFucks(1).jpg (743KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
TrustyFucks(1).jpg
743KB, 3840x2160px
>>59073942
You can't expect everything from the best budget headphones, can you, anon?
>>
>>59073971
but it is just one of those things that doesn't need to be there

You can even argue that the headphones would be cheaper to manufacture if they didn't spray on big Rs and Ls

Also, they would make more money since less people would be repulsed by them.
>>
Are the SHP9500 and SHP9500S the same?
>>
>>59074023
Yep, just a cheaper revision
>>
>>59074023
The SHP9500S is the updated version of the SHP9500. Shorter cable, and a wider larger frequency range.

>>59074005
I agree, but I still think they're the best looking headphones under $100; the rest look like chink shit. I guess you can't win them all.
>>
>>59074087
>>59074112
>>59074125
>>59074208

autist
>>
>>59074087
>>59074061

The SHP9500S is the updated version of the SHP9500. Shorter cable, and a wider larger frequency range.

Why is the 9500S cheaper? I am thinking of getting them but I am worried they are cheaper because they went with cheaper components and thus the quality is less.
>>
>>59074222
Sorry, anon.
>>
>>59074228
Same quality, but the S comes with a shorter cable with no 6.3mm adaptor to save more shekels. It also now comes with a plastic bag instead of whatever material the last one was. Everything else is the same.
>>
How do these sound so good for the price? They're comparable to HD 600s but with more bass. What the hell? And they're only $300 too.
>>
>>59074479
Some gaymer shit comparable to *the* HD600? Pardon me if I'm skeptic on that.
>>
>>59074479
>comparable to HD 600s
>razer
ahahahah wtf
>>
>>59071332
A Sennheiser logo?
>>
File: s1rx5Em.jpg (31KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
s1rx5Em.jpg
31KB, 620x349px
>>59074725
>>59074988
Mhm and they look better too. In fact, i'd argue they sound better than HD 800s in terms of bass quality. It's impressive, but not unknown by large companies like Razer.
>>
>>59075051
Not them but you're actually an idiot
>>
>>59066395
How about these? This is what use when i mow my lawn.

https://www.amazon.com/Plugfones-CY-1-Contractor-Headphones-Protection/dp/B00RC301N4
>>
>>59075020
Almost choked on that.
>>
>>59058148
Just get the SHP9500 and a bluetooth receiver.
>>
Impulse brought the over-ear Momentum 2.0s due to a really good deal. I know they're consumer grade headphones, but please tell me I didn't screw up too bad in terms of audio quality and comfort.
>>
>>59075592
Nah you did fine. They're amazingly comfortable because of the weight and super soft leather earpads.
Sound is also great.
>>
How low does the HD 600s goes when its on sale ?
>>
for being so highly acclaimed, the x2's sure have a lot of shitty reviews. Not negative reviews, but nobody seems to be able to agree on (or even explain clearly) what its sound signature is. I've heard them described as v shaped, dark, almost neutral, and as bass cannons.
>>
>>59076074
The lowest I've ever seen them was $250 a couple months ago
>>
>>59076163
>almost neutral
Maybe to a nigger. I can see them being dark but the treble's a bit peaky.
>>
>>59076163
They're more of a U-shape. They aren't dark because of the peaks in the treble, nor are they bass cannons.

iirc, the drivers were designed/tuned to somewhat follow the harman target response curve.
>>
>>59076428
>harman target response curve.
I tried to google but I didn't understand so can you give me a dumbed down explanation of what that is please
>>
Thinking of forking out $75 for a used Snapheisen hd 598 open, good or bad? Headphone in good condition, get to use it a few time, but plan to put it in backpack alot
Another offer me with a DT990 for 130, is that a better deal?
>>
>>59076530
>598
>DT 990
Honestly depends in your sound preference. 598 for Warmish neutral or 990 for a V shape.
>>
>>59076530
the 598 is the better deal price wise, the 990 would probably survive longer being thrown into a backpack. Like the other guy said, depends what sound you want
>>
>>59076552
>>59076632
I havent have the chance to listen to them both to decide
are they more appropiate for particular genre?
I listen to pretty much anything, but im generally looking for something comfortable for long work hour session
>>
>>59076762
Past headphones? They're both very comfortable.
>>
>>59076818
past headphone is nvx xpt 100. Like it because of the pad but its kinda heavy and weight on me after a while. It also got fucking stolen which is why i need to fork out a new one
>>
>>59076762
the 598's are more tuned for "pretty much anything". I'd only recommend the 990's if you want more bass
>>
>>59076906
Then the 598 is a safer buy and agree with
>>59076915
>>
>>59072065
>While you may be able to get away EQ'ing some headphones
All headphones*
>others will sound like shit
Sure if you don't know how to EQ.
>EQ'ing a flat sounding headphone by increasing the bass and/or treble may bring about distortion
No, distortion isn't altered unless you make things louder which will at some point cause a steady increase in distortion. Curiously enough many headphones show less distortion when you increase the volume to a point.
>it all depends if the drivers and/or possibly design of the headphone can handle it or not.
All headphones can handle EQ. Some are trickier than the others. Phase and magnitude response is what you want to know here.
>>
>>59076762
>are they more appropiate for particular genre?
You can't make that kind of a generalization.
>>
>>59076462
It's a "neutral" target response. A headphone that is designed/tuned to follow this frequency response is supposed to emulate the sound of what one would hear from listening to flat studio monitors, and further tweaked to reflect what happens to that sound frequencies as they make their way towards your ear drum (as the curves and such of your ear alters the sound).
>>
File: 1466315803442.jpg (27KB, 220x215px) Image search: [Google]
1466315803442.jpg
27KB, 220x215px
>>59057031
I raped my DT770s a couple of days ago and now I don't get sound anymore. Pretty short story, was doing some stuff, and the cable got wrapped around my computer chair and yanked some internals in the cans. Had to go back to my HD558s because of this. This wouldn't have even happened had I paid more attention.

I tend to work a lot so when it happened I googled some stuff and then went off to bed. I am going to open them and see what I can do using a guide from the internet if things aren't tooo fucked up. Anyone done this before? Anyway wish me luck.
>>
>>59076530
>Thinking of forking out $75 for a used Snapheisen hd 598 open, good or bad? Headphone in good condition, get to use it a few time, but plan to put it in backpack alot

HD598 is a very good neutral headphone. It's also the most comfortable thing ever.
>>
>>59076530
>>59077494
HD598 have a detachable cable, which prevents that sorta situation.
>>
>>59077526
True, but if I can fix this on my own I'll be way more careful next time.

I'm also thinking about getting the O2 amp for shits and giggles. Thoughts?
>>
>>59077543
>if I can fix this on my own I'll be way more careful next time
You could do a detachable cable mod and make it so you'll never have to really worry about it.
>I'm also thinking about getting the O2 amp for shits and giggles. Thoughts?
I don't think it's really that great in terms of power compared to some other amps.
>>
>>59077570
>I don't think it's really that great in terms of power compared to some other amps.
I have a SMSL sApII and it's the only headphone amp I've ever had. Are there better things?
>>
>>59077598
The magni 2 has a lot more power than the o2 and it's around the same price, unless you were talking about the diy kit.
>>
>>59077679
I have the magni 2 favorited.

Also I'm snooping around the inside of the DT770s now. Having a pretty hard indicating which part I even damaged. Maybe I'll open the other can and see if I can spot any differences.
>>
>>59077543
desu, as a shitstack owner, I'd say just get Fulla 2. So much more value for the money.
>>
>>59077494
Yeah, It's entirely fixable. You may as well add a removable 3.5 while youre at it so it doesnt happen again.
>>
>Budget
>Location
EU
>Source
Bluetooth
>Type
Over
>Open or Closed
w/e, semi-closed would be good.
>Sound
Neutral, low noise.
>Past
DT770 Pro, Philips SHB7250

Any suggestions? I haven't found any good Bluetooth headphones yet.
>>
Is the Schiit Fulla 2 the best entry level amp and DAC? Does it have enough juice to power AKG K712?
>>
>>59078732
>neutral
yeah about that

closest will prob be bose's qc line
>>
>>59078770
>Is the Schiit Fulla 2 the best entry level amp and DAC?
Combo unit? Yeah
Though I'd argue that a Magni 2 and a Chinese PCM2704 DAC is better though, purely because you have more headroom for future upgrades.

>Does it have enough juice to power AKG K712?
Yes
>>
>>59078997
Yeah, I'm thinking about just getting the amp because I'm not sure if I need the DAC as well when I'm only using it with a desktop and laptop so getting the Magni 2 to start with might be a better idea
>>
>>59079297
I strongly suggest the Fulla2.

Worry about not having enough power when you actually not have enough power. Which is litely _never_ gonna happen.

(full disclosure: I got schiit stack and regret it... fulla2 would have been more than enough)
>>
>>59079297
>>59079352
Also, I got the modi just because the magni2 with my onboard audio didn't sound anywhere as good as the fulla2 I was lent.

By getting a fulla2, I would have saved myself the trouble.
>>
>>59078770
>Does it have enough juice to power AKG K712?

Why not ask audiobot9000?

https://www.audiobot9000.com/match/akg/k-712-pro/with/schiit/fulla-2

115dB -> enough!

(105 min, 110 good, 115 excellent, as per nwavguy's article)

https://nwavguy.blogspot.ie/2011/09/more-power.html
>>
>>59079426
I'm going to cut you off right here.
NwAvguy *severely* overestimates real world crest factor and playback level. There isn't any sound quality downside to being overly generous with amplifier maximum output, but as far as recommending devices to end users, it means that they buy into a more uselessly powerful amplifier.
>>
>>59079510
>NwAvguy *severely* overestimates real world crest factor and playback level.
And completely ignores the possibility that people might want to EQ their headphones, which de facto reduces the sensitivity when you lower the preamp.
>>
>>59079510
>>59079584
Sure, but the conclusion is the same. Fulla 2 does suffice.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>59079729

>>59079729

>>59079729

>>59079729
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.