[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to irreversibly delete some files. Will it be sufficient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: Delete-file-icon.png (14KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Delete-file-icon.png
14KB, 512x512px
I need to irreversibly delete some files.
Will it be sufficient to move the files to a flash drive and then physically destroying it?
>>
lmao no
>>
>I need to permanently destroy a purchase record, is just throwing the receipt in the garage OK guys?
>>
>>59055307
No,

Take it to your local police station. They should be able to take care of it

Ask for the FBI treatment.
>>
have you been a naughty boy anon?
>>
Microwave it
>>
I see Intel shills are trying to slide Ryzen hard.
>>
>>59055461
Strange, since there's no real need to do that. It will be memed for months after release anyway by the gaymers here.
>>
You could put your trust into some applications that claim to securely delete. If it is your life why risk it? Fucking melt or turn that shit to dust. If not then just DBAN/write random data to the whole drive. That is overkill though, you're not worth that much money to fund any significant forensics.
>>
Don't listen to these guys OP. What you said is perfectly secure.
>>
>>59055307
Send file to trash can. Empty trash. BOOM. File gone.
>>
>>59055307
DBAN all drives it's touched then drill through the PCBs/Platters
>>
>>59055307
You can send them to me and I'll make sure they're disposed of.
>>
>>59055307
delete your file
fill your hard drive at 100 %
you should be ok
>>
>>59056355
...after this submerge the drive in acid for 48 hours and then grind it to dust.
>>
Depends on what you did you idiot. If you downloaded very unsavory files without a vpn you are fucked. Destroy your device make sure totally erraticate it too
>>
>>59055552
If you are though destroy motherboard and harddrives
>>
Dban hdd pmagic secure erase ssd.
>>
>>59056396
Remember to bury 7/8 of the dust in 7 different locations and throw the rest in the ocean.
>>
>>59056424
make sure to torch your home as well
>>
>>59055307
100% sure way: destroy the hard drive physically. (melting is best)

Other way: use some program to write over the entire drive with data. How about you make a gigantic encrypted file? Or download a ton of free software installs?
>>
Oh and because you just searched how to delete stuff permanently you just incriminated yourself
>>
>>59056471
t. Carmack
>>
From rm(1):
Note that if you use rm to remove a file, it might be possible to recover some of its contents, given sufficient expertise and/or time.  For greater assurance that the contents are truly unrecoverable, consider using shred.
>>
just Google it my friend
>>
Just keep the thing where they are, it should confuse FBI/CIA/NSA/KGB.
>>
>>59055307
>Will it be sufficient to move the files to a flash drive and then physically destroying it?
heh, no, overwrite the filename and contents with junk, then delete it normally
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.