[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought a computer off one of my buddies but it doesn't seem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0214.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0214.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Bought a computer off one of my buddies but it doesn't seem to wanna connect to the internet. I've tried plugging the Ethernet directly to the router. I've tried fiddling with the adaptor settings. Doesn't seem like I'm getting anywhere. It says the adaptor is disabled and when I go to enable it it just says enabling and doesn't load. I left it over night on and it was stilling turning on afterwords. It's a Nvidia Nforce Network adaptor. I've heard about it not working on windows 7 but all the fixes I've seen in YouTube and google don't work for me. Anyone got any advice?
>>
>>59054949
install gentoo
>>
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
>>
>>59054949
Wow, your buddy screws you.
Obvious solution, is a live CD. If it connects, then it's a software problem.
If it doesn't, bring it to your buddy's house, and try again there.
Change cables and parts as needed.
>>
>>59054991
I used to have ubuntu on an old laptop but I didn't care for it.
>>59055006
Yes. Several times.
>>
>>59055016
ubuntu sucks ass. install arch
>>
>>59055014
I don't have a live cd. He said he put windows 7 pro on it instead of the windows 7 home. Could that fuck it up?
>>59055022
Maybe I kinda just wanna solve this so I can get all my shit transferred over on steam and such
>>
Download the Ethernet drivers from your motherboards website on your phone or laptop or something and install them on the new pc
>>
download the drivers from a computer with internet. get the device model and look it up.

or alternatively if there's a switch or fn key shortcut for the wifi press that. presto!
>>
>>59055046
I've already done this I have the newest drivers for it
>>
Also read the sticky nerd
>>
>>59055043
>I don't have a live cd.
Literally just make one. Or a live usb.
>>
Are you sure it's plugged in?
>>
>>59055058
Buy a PCI/PCI Express Ethernet card. They're not that expensive for a basic one. Or get a cheap wifi dongle.
>>
>>59055058

Give us a screen shot of device manager
>>
is the ethernet controller even installed correctly to the motherboard? double check and then check the bios, if there is already the ethernet on the motherboard, it might be trying to use that one instead.
>>
>>59055085
http://a.co/08AKuBy
>>
File: IMG_0221.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0221.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>59055091
>>
>>59055119
okay ryan what you are gonna want to do is install a genuine copy of windows 10. It will make yours and my life easier. trust me, there is more than one billion users today! get with the program
>>
>>59055221
seriously this
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.