[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The thought of "just how much power would it take to ddos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

The thought of "just how much power would it take to ddos Google" passed through my mind

Obviously this is a large scale thing but it makes me wonder what kind of shit google is ready for

Anyone on /g/ have an estimate for this?
>>
275 kW
>>
>>59052971
Google has over a billion users. I think it's safe to assume they have the resources to handle twice as many. You're not going to successfully carry out a denial of service attach against them unless you have control of at least a billion machines, and even then you'd probably slow down a couple services causing a minor inconvenience at best.
>>
You would likely have better luck storming their server farms and blowing them up with semtex than trying any kind of digital attack.
>>
you'd probably do more damage to them physically going after the servers they host their DNS on
>>
>>59053251
Let me know when you are free OP.
I need to buy a baseball bat
>>
I think google's servers are enough to ddos the entire consumer PC market
>>
When you talk about DDoS'ing something as big as Google, they aren't one datacenter, IP range, entity, etc. It would need to be extremely coordinated on multiple systems. Even then, they have active network and sysadmins that will be fighting you every step of the way and fucking up any sort of coordination/plan you had to begin with. Truth is they have more resources then the attackers would ever have.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.