[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never bought and installed an HDD before. Do i need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: linux-hard-disk.jpg (67KB, 430x407px) Image search: [Google]
linux-hard-disk.jpg
67KB, 430x407px
I've never bought and installed an HDD before. Do i need to also buy screws for the bay and cables in order to plug into motherboard?

After installation it will just work with ubuntu right? I'm new to this os and am not sure If I need to do extra stuff.
>>
>>59044207
>Do i need to also buy screws for the bay
These came with your case. If you didn't keep them, yes, you need to go buy a bag of screws.

>and cables in order to plug into motherboard?
A couple of those came with your motherboard. If you don't have any spares, yes you need to buy one.
>>
>>59044207
>After installation it will just work with ubuntu right?
Yes.

>I'm new to this os and am not sure If I need to do extra stuff.
You need to format and mount the disk.
>>
>>59044256
>You need to format and mount the disk.

ok ill keep this in mind. should be easy yes? i already have gparted installed if that helps
>>
After you plug it in boot into the bios to ensure the drive is detected. If it isn't you either plugged it in wrong or the drive is faulty.
>>
>>59044286
Lol boot from usb and follow the prompts. It's very easy.
>>
>>59044207
If it's a desktop PC you can just look inside and check what you need. You need everything the previous HDD has.

If it's a laptop you're probably replacing the original so you can take things from that, like screws and a possible installation frame.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.