[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is literally the best macbook pro >all ports are there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

this is literally the best macbook pro

>all ports are there
>hardware upgradable
>optical drive can be converted to hdd/ssd
>still the best trackpad
>very good chassis that won't decay in years
>battery still goes for 5 hours after 5 years
>ivy bridge

I still don't understand why chinkpads are the fashy memes instead of this. you can take it and customize the way you want. it even has one thunderbolt 1 port, which I use with my dell u2515h.
>>
File: displaymacro.jpg (279KB, 912x540px) Image search: [Google]
displaymacro.jpg
279KB, 912x540px
>>59044152
>No retina

Yeah, no.
>>
>>59044222
>waah I need 2880x1800 resolution to write some code
>>
Posting from one of these right now.

You should be aware that the HDD ribbon cable fails about once a year. Currently running mine with the 500gb drive in an external enclosure.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2648100

Only bought this because my x220 ended up with enough broken shit after 5 years to be inconvenient.
>>
File: NOPE.jpg (24KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
NOPE.jpg
24KB, 500x374px
>>59044251

>Only bought this because my x220 ended up with enough broken shit after 5 years to be inconvenient.
>trying to say a proper ThinkPad just falls apart on its own
>not taking care of your shit
>nope
>>
>>59044240
>waah I need a MacBook to fucking write text
With that logic just buy the cheapest functioning laptop you can find with all of the ports and load a Linux distribution on it without xorg
>>
File: IMG_0438.jpg (57KB, 452x639px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0438.jpg
57KB, 452x639px
>chinkpad
>fashy meme
>one image board comprising an 1/80th of the traffic for a not very popular site that literally hardly anyone gives a shit about

Who let you out of your box again?
>>
>>59044307
cheap functioning laptop doesn't have long battery hours, it usually has extremely shitty pentium cpu even if it has battery
>>
>>59044152

while I agree with these (I'm using that model right now), I wish I woulda have gotten one that has a retina screen.
>>
>>59044251
>You should be aware that the HDD ribbon cable fails about once a year
that's a fucking lie, unless you are throwing the macbook against a wall every other day that won't happen. No, no fucking retarded thread from a bunch of spank eating mactards will be proof of this crap.
>Only bought this because my x220 ended up with enough broken shit after 5 years to be inconvenient.
You seem to be the kind of person that can't get through the day without letting some electronic shit fall to the ground.
>>
File: 1476695719212.jpg (194KB, 988x802px) Image search: [Google]
1476695719212.jpg
194KB, 988x802px
>>59044152
>best macbook

That's like saying one pile of steaming shit doesn't stink as bad as another pile of steaming shit.
>>
>>59044423
e/b/in meme :DD

mid 2012 doesn't throttle. I'm running windows VM on parallels and compiling stuff with visual studio while browsing the web, watching youtube, listening to some shit.
>>
>>59044365
>waah I need a good CPU to write some code
>>
>>59044894
well I'm programming in C++ so I really need them corez and IPC
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 400x522px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 400x522px
>>59044423
Oh geez, and I was worried because my laptop with 3.5GHz boost was only at 3.1GHz during benchmarks
>>
Posting from a mid-2009 that was given to me recently. The thing was nigh inoperable, but I got it working, and now it's pretty much usurped my Chromebook's role of shitposting machine. It's my first MacBook, and aside from the unfamiliarity and sub-par battery life, it's not a bad machine by any right. I do enjoy having enough ports as well as a disc drive, but the HDD absolutely had to get swapped out for a cheap SSD. Still on the fence for replacing the battery.
>>
>>59044294
>>trying to say a proper ThinkPad just falls apart on its own
You do realize ThinkPads are just cheap shit laptops designed to be sold to middle managers, right? And then a bunch of dumb kids buy them used on eBay after they've been beaten to shit by said middle managers. You do know that... right?
>>
>>59044152
I have this exact model, but with the "high-res" matte display. It's alright, but the battery went to shit after around 3 years. I replaced it with an HP Spectre X360 a few years ago.
>>
>>59045826
>Posting from a mid-2009 that was given to me recently. The thing was nigh inoperable, but I got it working, and now it's pretty much usurped my Chromebook's role of shitposting machine. It's my first MacBook, and aside from the unfamiliarity and sub-par battery life, it's not a bad machine by any right. I do enjoy having enough ports as well as a disc drive, but the HDD absolutely had to get swapped out for a cheap SSD. Still on the fence for replacing the battery.

shit man it's 8 years old, what more do you want
>>
>>59045878
>what more do you want

Not a thing, the 3 hour battery life is its only weak point. I've got other computers if I need more power and different software. I'm only really using this to educate myself on basic Mac usage. Though that won't last too much longer, as it can't even get Sierra.
>>
>>59045928

you are lucky for any rechargeable battery to work at all after 8 years
>>
>>59045942
You'd be surprised then at my Latitude D800 still running ~2 hours on its original battery.
>>
>>59045942
My Latitude XT2's 8 year battery lasts about 4.5 hours, my UMPC's 10 year old battery lasts about the same amount of time.
>>
>>59044412
>>59044294
dude with the x220 here

Here's a nice list of issues with the laptop:
>white spots in the IPS display
>internal ethernet port is dead (the on-board line transformer has a literal burn hole)
>trackpad doesn't work - ribbon cable is fucked
>'z' key on the keyboard occasionally triggers the start key as well
>seagate trash hard drive has a few dozen remapped sectors
>corner of the plastic screen bezel flaked off

I have never dropped this laptop, not even once. It spent most of its life in a backpack with decent padding.

As for the MBP HDD cable failure, I don't give a fuck if you believe me. Apple offers a free replacement for this issue on this exact model. Do you not believe them? I remember hearing Louis Rossmann mention this long before I ever had the issue.

Congratulations on trolling hard enough to receive a (You)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.