[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did your family/wife/gf react when you came out as a free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
How did your family/wife/gf react when you came out as a free software supporter?
>>
>>59036962
Parents were furious. They think that just because I'm good with computers that I want to be like Bill Gates

Gf is a weird nerd hippie and so she thought it was cool but I still don't think she understands why muh freedoms are important.
>>
>>59036962
>infowars talking with GNU/Stallman
source
>>
>>59036962
Family doesn't understand or care
Gf didn't know what free software was until I explained it, but she is a supporter now too
>>
>>59037472
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpltNZU9lBI
>>
Girlfriend thinks it's a cool idea and understands why I care about it, but I don't think she really cares herself, which is fine.
>>
>>59037501
thanks
>>
>>59036962
My girlfriend is totally fine with it which is good because I would have cut that bitch off otherwise. I don't take shit some anybody not even my right hand.
>>
>>59037472

why would you want to see this, Alex Jones is too dumb to have a meaningful discussion with RMS
>>
Dad was the one to recommend Linux
Mom never cares
Brother had been running RedHat, Debian, and Ubuntu machines since he was 14
Sisters don't care
Wife doesn't care
>>
>>59036962
>family
I installed Debian with GNOME on all PCs without their permission. They enjoy it now, because every time they pay someone to re-install Windows, I always re-install it.

They mostly get mad, but oh well :^)

But in all seriousness, I did get them to install Debian Jessie, and every machine and device that I use or interact with is running some form of UNIX, so helping them is as easy as SSHing into their PC.
>>
>>59037840
It might be funny enough of a reason for me to watch.
>>
dad is curious about gnu/linux
mom doesn't care
brother hates that it doesn't play his gaymens
gramps likes that it just worked, but his laptop I installed Mint on had a hard relationship with the ground so it doesn't work anymore
>>
>>59038141
Sounds like you should have installed a hardened OS on your gramps computer.
>>
>>59037840
Watch joe rogan alex jones podcast
>>
No one cares.

Girlfriend took my laptop that was running Fedora 24 and she said "what is this shit, you broke it"

And then I told her it was my testing laptop and if you don't like it then give it back.

I installed Mint on my mom's old computer one time and she complained that she couldn't play her old games (I didn't bother trying to use wine on it) and that she needed office.
>>
>>59036962
They think I'm some mega-brainiac for being able to use anything that isn't Windows or Mac, or do anything that isn't "click here to install".

My friends no longer ask me to fix their computers because I told them that I wasn't gonna use Windows 10 and didn't know anything special about it, and that if they weren't interested in switching away from Windows then there wasn't anything I could do to troubleshoot their (software) problems.
>>
File: r9k laptop.jpg (337KB, 1795x709px) Image search: [Google]
r9k laptop.jpg
337KB, 1795x709px
>>59039030
>what is this shit, you broke it
>>
>>59039182
fuck no dont post this
>>
>>59039182
story thread time? I haven't seen a good greentext thread in a while
>>
File: 1483670857726.png (321KB, 480x650px) Image search: [Google]
1483670857726.png
321KB, 480x650px
>>59039182
>>
File: XJVu2c.jpg (536KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XJVu2c.jpg
536KB, 1920x1080px
>>59037501
Omg it's real! I missed most of his shows from 2013-15 due to my marriage falling apart and divorce.
>>
>>59037501
Neet. I will listen to this at work tomorrkw
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.