[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microsoft went to shit after Gates stepped off. Apple's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Linus_Torvalds.jpeg.jpg (20KB, 220x300px) Image search: [Google]
Linus_Torvalds.jpeg.jpg
20KB, 220x300px
Microsoft went to shit after Gates stepped off.
Apple's vision was killed after Jobs died.

What will happen to Linux, yes, the kernel, if something happens to Linus? I mean, he pretty much controls the direction of the development.
>>
>>59033907
watch any Q&A Linus video where he gets asked exactly that and fuck off.
>>
>>59033907
>controls the direction of the development

:^)
>>
>>59033962
link?
>>
Gates never controlled anything technology. Even the DOS OS was bought off from someone else. Same with Apple whatever the sperglords will claim.
>>
>>59033907
the big name kernel maintainers are pretty identical to Torvalds in terms of philosophy and work ethic

when THOSE guys croak though, no idea.
>>
>>59033995
>cant search videos
>is on technology board
get a load of this guy
>>
>>59033995
Do you know what a search bar is? Use the one on jewtube.

How are faggots like you even on /g/?
>>
People will have switched to hurd by then.
>>
I'll just use the best OS avialable. Right now that's GNU+Linux.
>>
Canonical will take care of it.
>>
>>59033907
Linux will finally get a thumbnail view in file picker
>>
>>59033907

> Linus dies
> Somebody from Finnland makes a fork of Linux
> Everybody's using Finnix
> Praise GPLv2
>>
no, he is not. He is already step down from maintaining stable-branch. Google about Greg Kroah-Hartman.
>>
File: laughing man.jpg (1003KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
laughing man.jpg
1003KB, 1600x1200px
>>59033907
He will continue to berate incompetence and asinine suggestions from beyond the grave via inline comments which mysteriously appear in the code when the pull requests are made. A ghost in the git.
>>
Linus stepped off ages ago. He doesn't write code these days, he merges the pulls
>>
>>59037397
but his name is still on almost every changelog?
>>
>>59037477
One can only hope.
>>
File: Worldwide OS Revenue.png (11KB, 499x276px) Image search: [Google]
Worldwide OS Revenue.png
11KB, 499x276px
>>59033907
>Microsoft went to shit after Gates stepped off.
lolno

Old chart I know, but hasn't changed much trust me.
>>
>>59039064
>oh no, computers are selling more these days
dumb wintoddler
>>
>>59039095
But they aren't, anon. Due to smartphones and tablets, they aren't.
>>
>gates
>good times
>browser wars, IE crap being forced on everyone with proprietary tech
>buying companies just to kill off competition

Gates had the most aggressive and "embrace extend and extinguish" policies of all Microsoft CEOs. Most focused on proprietary standards too.

The current Microsoft is actually more accepting of open source and non-proprietary standards.
>>
>>59033907
>I don't remember the "Embrace, extend extinguish" era!
Microsoft was always shit, even when - actually especially when - Gates was at the helm.
>>
>>59033907
The numales take over and spend the next decade removing problematic terminology from the code.
>>
>>59039165

Yea and that era gave (you) Win 95, 2000 and Xp.

This "accepting" Microsoft gave you Win 10.

Really fires your neurons.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.