[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to run a blog that everyone can acess. What are the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: gato panqueca.jpg (91KB, 535x508px) Image search: [Google]
gato panqueca.jpg
91KB, 535x508px
I need to run a blog that everyone can acess.
What are the best options? Anything that is not Blogspot and Wordpress?

I want something really simple.

Please help me.
>>
File: gato no pc.jpg (7KB, 185x173px) Image search: [Google]
gato no pc.jpg
7KB, 185x173px
Bump for cats.
>>
File: ninja cat.jpg (4MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
ninja cat.jpg
4MB, 2988x5312px
The last bump.
>>
write your own, in php and mysql, users table, blog posts table, create a login and signup with captcha and email verification,
>>
>>59008287
I want to use some site.
It's a simple thing that I'm going to use for work for like 2 weeks.
But I liked the ideia, so I want to see if I can do a simple blog with some free hosting.
>>
File: 1473466042548.jpg (216KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1473466042548.jpg
216KB, 1280x1280px
>>59007993
Did somebody say... kot?
>>
Use a static blog. It's simpler, faster, more secure, more reliable, more flexible, and cheaper to run. Because it's static you can use a CDN to host your site in multiple locations around the world for pennies a day. You can make a beautiful "modern" static website with some light css and javascript.

Look into Jekyll. Stay away from dynamic unless you really think you need it.
>>
>>59008475
This, also http://motherfuckingwebsite.com/
>>
>>59007993

What's wrong with wordpress?

Seriously though, if you cant code a simple blog site you really don't belong on a technology board
>>
>>59008343
No, nobody did.
>>
>>59007993
Why not WordPress? It's a simple install with a comfy control panel and the basic template is easy to use. As your needs change or your visitors need more interactive tools there are plenty of user community contributions as well as some pay options (I think in WP they are called "plugins").

You could write your own template in HTML5 with a few lines of JavaScript but I've always suggested WordPress. Used it myself years ago and it was fine.
>>
hobix.
>>
File: 1487414809118.jpg (340KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1487414809118.jpg
340KB, 500x375px
>>59008772
not everyone learned how to do web-dev tho
>>
>>59007993
pelican.
>>
Ghost.io seems like it may work for you
>>
>>59007993
Try OctoberCMS if you're looking for a wordpress-style, non-enterprise blog platform that is based on Laravel.
>>
>>59010042
Second this.
>>
>>59007993
Funtoo servers.
>>
>>59007993
squarespace or wix
>>
>>59007993
everyone can access? what do you mean? everyone can edit??

I use Octopress for my blog.
>>
https://get-simple.info/

A wysiwyg blog that resides in a single folder and nothing more.
No SQL DB bullshit, no bloat.

Only needs some old ass PHP version installed.
>>
>>59010042
This.
>>
Tumblr
>>
>>59007993
Blogspot has a good security track record. Wordpress has better looks/themes. They're both alright if you just want to write.
>>
>>59008287
Why the fuck would you use PHP and MySQL for a shitty small blog?
>>
>>59009707
That's your shitty excuse moron?

Webdev is basic fucking MVC design at worse.

If you can't even do that with all the various language frameworks and technologies that are prebuilt for you. You're a fucking moron.

I seriously hope you don't have a CS degree. Because if you do, trash it.
>>
First everyone needs internet access
Did u know 35 percent of people don't
>>
>>59014976
>Invalid cert

Sounds great. Definitely would recommend.
>>
Anchor

You can also get a hosting account at namecheap with a domain for like $10/year. No need running a VPS if you want simple.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.