[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who has the best Wordpress hosting? I haven't run a blog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: wordpress-hosting.jpg (111KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
wordpress-hosting.jpg
111KB, 600x300px
Who has the best Wordpress hosting? I haven't run a blog in years since I sold off my old ones. Previously I used Hostgator.

I need something that can scale up bandwidth quickly without massive overage charges if necessary.

In the past I ran blogs that were designed to stay relatively low traffic until a specific event happens. As an example, I might run a Dick Van Dyke blog which has general info and news updates every week or so. The blog sits quietly, building up search engine rankings and getting enough ad money to cover the monthly server costs, but other than that isn't really expected to be a huge money maker. If something big happens, like Dick Van Dyke's death, the blog explodes in popularity as people Google him.

Any recommendations?
>>
Run your own vps, fag.
>>
>>59007717
that tbhq. pretty nice solution
>>
>>59007717
Aren't there issues with quickly scaling up with VPS?
>>
>>59007637
wpengine
>>
>>59007809
>vps
>v
not really with a decent provider
only need a couple of gig ram for wp, use a cdn if you get loads of traffic
>>
>>59007907
>only need a couple of gig ram for wp
niggu i can run 5 wp sites in a 5$ 512mb vps fight me
>>
>>59007815
>overages billed at $1 per 1000 visits

Could get expensive
>>
Any other recommendations /g/?
>>
nosupportlinuxhosting.com

$1/mo
>>
Bump for interest
>>
AWS has a Wordpress service now
>>
>>59011100
Managed WordPress, or WordPress service in the sense that you can set it up on an Ec2 instance?
>>
>>59011121

I work with AWS, you can exploit the free tier. Comfortably run two to three sites with HHVM/LEMP. Seriously easy.
>>
>>59011154
I already do for testing and demo sites, but I'm looking for a managed WP provider for a client. Something I can set up and walk away from.

Any tips for getting a job at AWS?
>>
>>59011100
I like the idea of using AWS, but it seems a lot more complicated than other webhosts. How long would it take me to learn this vs using a dedicated Wordpress host?
>>
>>59011544

About twenty minutes if you can follow instructions, there's a multitude of tutorials out there for it. You really won't run into any trouble man, it's child's play and if you fuck something up, flatten the instance and go for gold again. Protip: make sure you setup a swap partition and set it to remain after a reboot.
>>
>>59011544
It's Iaas so you're responsible for installing and maintaining PHP, MySQL, Apache, WordPress, etc.

There's plenty of tutorials you can find online. It's not hard my man.
>>
>>59007907
you can run wordpress on 128mb with no "lag", fucking retarded people pretending to know about "hosting"
>>
>>59011649

>128mb
>No lag

Fucking retarded people pretending to know about "hosting". Maybe if you're running a default theme with no plugins and the site has no functionality or purpose or use whatsoever. Lay off the methpipe friend.
>>
>>59011587
https://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html

When I fuck around with the calculator I'm not even entirely sure what I should be punching in.
>>
>>59011680
If your not sure what to enter, tan free tier should be fine for you.
>>
>self hosting wordpress
Don't do it. You will fuck it up and then become part of a botnet.
>>
>>59011709
I know about blogging and building blogs, not all that much about webhosting.
>>
>>59011675
>Fucking retarded people pretending to know about "hosting". Maybe if you're running a default theme with no plugins and the site has no functionality or purpose or use whatsoever. Lay off the methpipe friend.
source this

so, lighttpd+phpcgi+optimized mysql conf, is not enough? oh so i supposed you've actually tried it your self right?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wordpress+128mb+ram+vps
>>
>>59011792
No, it's not.
If you have more than 20 visitors a day, or want to install any themes or plugins, it won't be enough.
>>
>>59011850
prove it
>>
>>59009790
You can tell them to shut you down after X overages, the odds of you getting say, $100 worth of overage visitors in one month is nil (thats 100,000 new users staying 31 seconds or longer, not bots)
https://wpengine.com/support/count-visits/

You'll get just as raped by any VPS with their data transfer limit, and all those 'unlimited' VPS solutions are trash
>>
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13298493

I only ever use WPEngine to host client sites, and also refuse the work if it involves any other hosting because they'll just be calling me all the time when shit breaks and it will be a waste of their money paying my hourly rate when they could just shove it on WPEngine and forget about all the hosting details completely.
>>
1k visits can be a few mb to a few hundred, most vpses come with 200gb+ bandwidth, considering 1k hits can be cached, cloudflare's free cdn will save you a shitton of bandwidth as well
>>
>>59011850
You have no idea what you're talking about. Honestly even the barebones VPS he's describing is overkill for hosting a blog. I've hosted plenty of things on shit-tier a VPS, if you know what you're doing it's fine.
>>
>>59012114
this site was just a freebsd box for the longest time, same with 2channel (two freebsd boxes) and 8ch00onz according to Jim's twitter
>>
>>59012114
That may be true, but now we're getting into hosting a private blog vs a site paid for by a client. World of difference there
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.