[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cicada 3301 = Jacob Appelbaum & CCC friends. No challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1468746083629.jpg (657KB, 3466x2366px) Image search: [Google]
1468746083629.jpg
657KB, 3466x2366px
Cicada 3301 = Jacob Appelbaum & CCC friends.
No challenge this year because he's been kicked out of Tor/Tor (the org) is compromised.
Discuss.
>>
Faggot/10
>>
>>59005186
He's cute.
>>
Tor has been compromised since inception
>>
>>59005186
Interested to hear some fallout from the drama, it was pretty lulzy
>>
>>59005186
Appelbaum was never kicked out of Tor.

He left to pursue a PhD with Daniel Bernstein and Tanja Larange in Netherlands at TUE/e who are the preeiminent cryptographers these days for side channel attacking audits of high speed cryptography implementations, and quantum crypto (McEliece). This is impressive because Appelbaum dropped out of community college and has no degree, but now is getting a PhD.

When he left SOME people in the Tor project went all SJW claiming he had 'sexually assaulted' some other girl with zero proof of course, he was never kicked out but he is persona non grata in basically all organizations that don't want a choir of crying feminists claiming he's a rapist or whatever so you will not see him at CCC (Chaos Computer Club) events likely.

Tor is not 'compromised'
>>
>>59006564
*Tanja Lange oops

Also, if anybody wants to Applebaum and learn this material on their own all her classes are open for the most part including lectures https://www.hyperelliptic.org/tanja/teaching.html

You can also go on the IETF crypto working group mailing lists and look up everything DJ Bernstein has written for the past 3 years. It's a masterclass in modern crypto engineering as he explains everything to the other engineers on the working group why their ideas suck, why they will lead to backdoors, ect.
>>
>>59006564

>Tor is not 'compromised'

I would like to believe so but they've been target way more lately and i don't feel safe using tor.
>>
>>59006613
It's never been safe to only use Tor, it's just another layer of security. I've listened to countless presentations at the Chaos Communication Congress or Defcon where the presenters have warned that only using Tor means you are likely to get fucked because of the advanced statistical learning people can use these days to determine who you are while analyzing networks. So you've always had to be Jason Bourne running around a city never being in the same location twice while operating Tor safely, if whatever you're doing requires that kind of security
>>
>>59006673
That's Tor's fault for not making everyone an internal relay by default. Just being a client is not enough to stay anonymous. This is why no one has ever been busted using i2p and never will because each client is a router.
>>
>>59006899
Both still have the issue of browser attack surface, you can create a malicious eepsite that exploits browsers to grab local network information unless the person is using something like SubgraphOS, Tails or a personal firewall that only provides internal LAN and blocks said exploit from being able to grab local dns settings, or phone home and determine it's address over regular TCP connection (set to tunnel all traffic over Tor/i2p only).
>>
>>59005186

Oh look that faggot that tried to blackmail Apple despite never having a single iota of proof.
>>
File: Art_ZZ#_ModernSystem.jpg (1MB, 1230x811px) Image search: [Google]
Art_ZZ#_ModernSystem.jpg
1MB, 1230x811px
https://github.com/Enegnei/JacobAppelbaumLeavesTor/blob/master/JacobAppelbaumLeavesTor.md
Gonna post a quick rundown because the sources on this are fucking great.
>>
>>59005186
Is he just another jew rapist like they say he is?
>>
>>59005186
you do have a point
>>
>>59009527
>like they say he is?
Are you autistic? It was an obvious character assassination campaign from the start.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.