[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>look guise bendable screens! xD OLED still suffers from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 674823953.jpg (26KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
674823953.jpg
26KB, 670x377px
>look guise bendable screens! xD

OLED still suffers from burn-in, it's still expensive as all hell and the input lag is mediocre at best (outright terrible with HDR active) but somehow LG figured the future of OLED is in ultra-thinness.
I blame Apple for this shit.
>>
>>59004898
And even if they didn't suck, they won't withstand very many bend-unbend cycles because of metal fatigue
>>
>>59004898
I guess it's the easy "wow factor" to make people buy into it faster, and then realise that it's pointless unless it can actually fold or roll up and the screen quality is shit anyway.

The ultra-thinness cancer has been going for long time, instead of actually "wasting" a lot of time to improve the quality, we get "look ma, (almost) no bezel!" or "check this, it's slightly curved" and obviously the "we made it even thinner so you can save approximately 8 square inches on your TV stand or similarly pointless amount of "airspace" on one of your walls". Gee industry, you sure are working hard to make me want to shell out those dollars to make a swap every 2 years or whatever is the optimal adoption rate you are going for there.

Can't wait when they try to meme up the wireless power solutions as the next big thing, if it happens, only for the buyers to realise there wasn't all that many occasions where it actually has any practical use and wastes a lot more power doing nothing.
>>
>>59005497
>Screen quality is shit
Bruh. What?
>>
>>59004898
>tfw the TV finally hugs you back
>>
>>59006418
I meant the quality as a whole product. Lag and burn-in, as in the OP, as well as the rigid parts making the "bendability" just a gimmick that you can demonstrate a few times and then break the device, as well as short lifespan, at least for some colours.

Furthermore, OLEDs are being teased as the next big thing at all kinds of tech shows for how many years now? Feels like at least 7 or 8. After this long, with currently freely available tech being tuned and updated all this time (and it did come a long way, if you remember the first LCDs), the improvement OLEDs offer doesn't hit nearly as hard as it did back then.
>>
>>59004898
The fuck did Apple do, besides making the thin aesthetics meme popular?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.