[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started reading SICP, this book is problematic on so many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 185924.png (51KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
185924.png
51KB, 400x400px
Just started reading SICP, this book is problematic on so many degrees.
Let me explain: as the book explains how the interpreter evaluates the expressions, it start out fine with teaching how to interpret Scheme code by reading it from the center to outward (substitution model for procedure application), but then it shows it's non-diverse nature by affirming that applicative-order evaluation is the true, most precise method of evaluating the expressions.
This is cultural appropriation because it gives a disadvantage to minorities that needs to learn to read from left to right, and not keep their customs of reading from right to left or giving an equal challenge to both left-right readers and right-left readers. You should stop recommending this problematic abomination of the white, patriarchic society.
>>
File: banana-math.png (29KB, 534x321px) Image search: [Google]
banana-math.png
29KB, 534x321px
>>59000552
Embrace the culturally appropriate lazy evaluation.
>>
>>59000672
Let's avoid problematic words and call it periodic evaluation.
>>
>>59000672
>Embrace the culturally appropriate lazy evaluation.
>>59000843
Let's avoid problematic words and call it periodic lags and memory overhead.
>>
>>59000552
Keep this SJW satire to /pol/ and other boards specializing in squabbling about political asshattery. There is no need to spread this cancer everywhere just because you're mad.
>>
>>59000552
The order in which the procedure expression and the arguments are evaluated is not specified.
>In fact, the subexpressions may be evaluated in different orders
>for different applications, even in the same implementation.
>>
>>59001682
But I am not mad anon, and politics will never leave unrelated boards and, observing the trump threads here, the mods seems ok with it.

>>59001725
Serves me right for looking into different sources I suppose:
http://homepage.divms.uiowa.edu/~hzhang/c123/Lecture5.pdf
>Reduce the leftmost innermost β-redex first.

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/applicative+order+reduction
>An evaluation strategy under which an expression is evaluated by repeatedly evaluating its leftmost innermost redex. [...] This is the evaluation strategy used by ML, Scheme,[...]
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.