[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will loonix and node switch to python 3? Whats up with this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: python.png (80KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
python.png
80KB, 1000x1000px
When will loonix and node switch to python 3?
Whats up with this 2 vs 3 anyways?Incompetence of designers?
py3 was released in a fucking 2008 jesus...
>>
all libraries have to be switched to 3 first i think. i use some libraries that you can't replace that only work in 2 so my code is stuck in 2 as well.
>>
File: 1444989227222.png (202KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1444989227222.png
202KB, 500x333px
>>59000058
>i use some libraries that you can't replace
Tell me which it is and i will find you a replacement, only reason not switching is either incompetence or sloth.
>>
>>59000183

what is this pic from?
>>
File: blood.png (1MB, 990x1400px) Image search: [Google]
blood.png
1MB, 990x1400px
>>59000323
Not knowing of the best
>>
File: Borne.jpg (908KB, 687x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Borne.jpg
908KB, 687x1000px
>>59000323
Most cutest doll in vidia
>>
>>58999854
Because Python 3 was a mistake and should be aborted like the fetal alcohol syndrome baby it is.

That's what only 30% of Python programmers use it.

https://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/nopython3.html
>>
>>59001389
>https://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/nopython3.html

>difficult to use strings
>literally arguing against bytes/string separation
I swear that guy never actually had to deal with sending text over network.

>Every time you attempt to deal with characters in your programs you'll have to understand the difference between byte sequences and Unicode strings.
Completely untrue, you only have to deal with that if you're dealing with strings coming from outside. In which case YOU VERY FUCKING MUCH SHOULD FUCKING KNOW WHICH FUCKING ENCODING THEY ARE USING.
Otherwise you will end up with mangled text or an exception that crashes your program somewhere down the line.

>core libraries not updated
Welcome to the year of our lord and savior 2017, the year in which comfortably using Python 3 is very much possible and perfectly reasonable.
http://py3readiness.org/

Every other argument is "they should've done X to make adoption easier"
We've already passed the adoption phase and if you're using Python 2 for a new project you're simply retarded.
>>
>>59001647
Yeah that dude is totally crazy. And OP, python3 is the default on loonix, packer -S python will install python3 to /usr/bin/python.
>>
>>59001389
nice bait faggot
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.