[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got this idea and for some reason the pulley and cable system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: pulley.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pulley.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
So I got this idea and for some reason the pulley and cable system isn't quite working out in my head I was jw if any anon knows of a site where i can kind of lay it out and hit play to see how it will operate. I dont even know how to word it in google to get anything remotely close. So any direction would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>58995736
I wonder if this same question was asked on 2000 B.C. /g/...
>>
>>58995736
If you could use your brain you would see that there's no way this could work.
>>
>>58995736
u wot m8
>>
>>58995736
Basically the hand will move downward 3 times faster than the weight moves upward.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulley
>>
>>58995736
>>>/sci/
also not being retarded helps
>>
>>58995736
We're too intelligent for math and physics here. Try /sci/
>>
>>58995736
What exactly are you asking?

By the way these are called Atwood machines and the idea is old as time.
>>
It's been a while since I've taken high school physics but for some reason this doesn't look like a 3:1 pulley system to me. Isn't it only 2:1?
>>
>>58995865
Oh wait never mind, the second rope segment from the right is also under tension. Forgot to count that.
>>
>>58995736
You can buy MATLAB and Simulink for $20K and simulate this all day, anon.
>>
>>58995784
what do you even mean... Pic unrelated if thats what you were getting at.
My pops is 72 and its snowy here in the north east so Im devising an apparatus that will bring the paper to the door in the AM so he doesn't have to walk out and get it. My original pan consisted of an upper guide wire that the box hung from on wheels with the bottom having a cable and pulley system in which the cable was attached to the box and there would be a pulley on either end (think bike chain and sprocket) and at the house side i was going to set up a low speed electric motor and a switch and just reverse polarity having a bump type kill switch at the end i.e. road side.
so paper comes he hits the switch box comes down the guide wire, he gets his paper nails the switch and sends the fucker back out to the street for tomorrow.
However I think I have a better way involving less cable and I cant get it to work in my minds eye therefore I was wondering if there was anything short of CAD that could hepl me resolve my curiosity
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.