[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

with algorithms you always see them written in the native language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: pgramming-abstraction.png (154KB, 720x566px) Image search: [Google]
pgramming-abstraction.png
154KB, 720x566px
with algorithms you always see them written in the native language then put in somewhere, should we use the native language that an app is being developed in and use that language to call a lower-level language to make it zoom zoom zoom faster?
>>
File: 1462568594083.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
1462568594083.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
what
>>
>>58983565
high-level language
-> call a low-level language algorithm file
-> get output back
-> continue using happy easy language
>>
>>58983578
how high are you
>>
>>58983588
pretttyyy high just want more speed in my language man

jack just wants speeed
>>
I..... think I have a vague idea of what you're saying. Something like "why aren't non-native languages translated into machine code so they go faster." But that's what they do. I mean in order to run everything has to be translated into machine code.
Sure some translators are better than others, but it takes A LOT of work to get something like the V8 Javascript engine to work as well as it does.
>>
>>58983546
This is exactly what a compiler does dipshit.
>>
>>58983546

That's how software works.

The libraries you call are often written in a lower level language. Device drivers are almost always written in C, and all of your I/O depends on them.
>>
>>58983598
BUT in php i mean a good idea would be to call a C program???
i just want SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
>>
>>58983614
No one put any work into making PHP fast. Because PHP was never meant to be what a serious back-end language, it was just meant as a way to dynamically format simple websites. Use NodeJS.
>>
>>58983627
Well PHP is a big language now, so why change the way it's programmed and rely on C more, for speed - and keep that native-backend feel that PHP gives.
>>
>>58983627
>node
>fast
lmao if you aren't writing your entire webserver in c using sockets i dont know what to tell you
>>
>>58983641
Someone tell me what the fuck this NodeJS shit is about and what it has to do with C, WHAT IS THIS LANGUAGE
>>
>>58983641
Because all the programmers who got good enough to be able to optimize PHP got the hell away from PHP and never looked back.

>>58983642
All benchmarks disagree. Look, I hate Javascript too, but we're stuck with it. So you might as well live the life that has been made idiot-proof for you instead of dealing with compiling your own native apps to servers manually. Because if you're not digging into the Assembly, you're probably not getting much (if any) of a performance boost. Should be much smaller code, though, not that that really matters.
>>
>>58983678
I felt my heart sink a little bit when I read "but we're stuck with it," like I've just accepted it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.