[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I've been playing around customizing and fixing things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-02-17_15-46-47.png (565KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-17_15-46-47.png
565KB, 1920x1080px
So, I've been playing around customizing and fixing things on my new install of openSUSE and it's actually a lot of fun! I'm enjoying listening to some synthwave and just slowly going around editing stuff.

After I've done configuring my drives, what do you guys generally like to do to customize your setup? So far I've only built a color scheme for my terminal which I think looks good, next got to find a matching theme and wallpaper.

General customization thread I guess
>>
plain and outdated to me, but functional.

I like the taskbar that Microsoft introduced in Windows 7, so much so that I use KDE that offers that today. As far as I'm concerned that "launch app button that turns into a tab for that app" is the standard for modern OS ui.
>>
Is this the pretty gui circle jerk thread?
>>
>>58983081
If that's what you want it to be
>>
i enjoy the fact that openSUSE is the only distro where Firefox's file picker shows thumbnail preview.

It's why I chose openSUSE
>>
>>58982550
were you one of the people being recommended openSUSE over the last few days? if so, what made you choose it, over other suggestions? what was your expectation going in? what was your impresion of it? just curious, since I never used it and probably won't but I get good feelings about it.

idk if Xfce has a command-line tool for setting wallpaper or if it has automatic switching after set intervals built-in as an option, but I've been making some planned tweaks to what was originally a one-liner that set a random wallpaper and it's growing into a nice little thing with a "history" to go back/forward, command-line options, the ability to start/stop/adjust automatic switch intervals, etc.

a couple of weeks ago I spent an afternoon remapping my WM keybindings to extend existing commands in a somewhat logical way: Alt-F1/F9/F10 are (by default), terminal/iconify/maximize, so I set Super-F1/F9/F10 to su terminal/iconify all/maximize vertically, Super-Z was lock screen so Super-Shift-Z became screensaver settings. Mapped PrintScreen to bringing up the run dialog with "import img/" already filled in, and XF86Display to nvidia-settings so I can change them when I hook up DisplayPort. Also set up some basic tiling commands because I miss dynamic tiling but don't really want to go full autist again. And Super-H/J/K/L now switches focus l/d/u/r, vi-style. one of the things I really love about fluxbox is how simple it is to set up keybindings, and the fact that you can chain them to make really powerful stuff.

for years I've been using a custom battery monitor script that displays absolute charge and rate instead of percentage and time. gives me a more direct idea of how much duration I have left because I know how much current I normally pull during various activities and with different settings (brightness, throttling, etc.)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.