[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a shitlord who hasn't been using secure passwords,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: keepass_512x512[1].png (36KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
keepass_512x512[1].png
36KB, 512x512px
I'm a shitlord who hasn't been using secure passwords, nor have I been using a password manager. I want to change, and stop being such a shitlord.

What do I do to stop being such a shitlord? I use Win7 and an Android phone, if it helps.
>>
>>58982023
Well, you posted the solution right there in your image. Go through and enter all your accounts, changing passwords to new, strong ones as you go. There's an Android version of KeePass, too. You have to sync your database file yourself though. Remember to keep good backups of it.
>>
>>58982065

Fuck, I don't deserve you man. I started googling because I realized /g/ isn't my personal hand-holder.

I really appreciate the response but man, you really shoulda told me to fuck right off. <3
>>
>>58982089
not the same anon
even though you fucked up at least you went and made a bit of homework and checked on a possible solution instead of making a shit "the state of X" thread or a "please teach me how to suck black cocks".
I use Keepass too to keep track of my accounts, accounts I need to keep safe do not share shit with random accounts or social media crap or any other stupid ass site that asks me to make an account. And by not sharing shit with others is that they mostly don't use the same email, username or bits of password if by chance I use a word or number with it.
Other than that for convenience use something to keep it synced between your computer and phone if you must and you can use it to access your shit all the time everywhere.
>>
>>58982356

Any advice to undo the fuck ups that younger me may have committed to by using the same username for everything?
>>
File: fuck me.jpg (141KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
fuck me.jpg
141KB, 653x490px
>>58982373
Happened to me with my disposable forum accounts, some fuckhead leaked/got hacked and I got my same user/pass on the wild. Good thing is it was a disposable email I used only for that, the bad was that I used it in a lot of sites. I started going one by one changing it and I learned my lesson to not use the same user/pass not even for garbage.
Some sites will have your username plastered and if you search for it you will see a lot of hits from different sites from your profiles, those you won't be able to do much about. If there's anything embarrasing try to delete as much as you can, change the emails on those if they are by any chance linked to your main accounts, also change the passwords if you happened to used it on something you care.
On new stuff, just try to use a different username.
I tend to use a username for a while and just change it after a while when I create new accounts so if I happen to search for one of them you can get two or three hits at most.
>>
Is there an official KeePass android app? Is it KeePassDroid?
>>
>>58982446
that's the one I'm using right now. Works just fine, the copy username/password thing is comfy and easy to use.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.