[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is windows 10 worth installing yet? also what was you guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 90s.jpg (47KB, 375x413px) Image search: [Google]
90s.jpg
47KB, 375x413px
is windows 10 worth installing yet? also what was you guys favourite os?
>>
>>58980872
>is windows 10 worth installing yet?
no
>also what was you guys favourite os?
gentoo
>???
install gentoo
>>
>>58981169
just read a bit about gentoo and it looks really interesting, i might have a go at it, thanks mate
>>
XP
>>
File: LinuxIsLightweight.png (29KB, 779x216px) Image search: [Google]
LinuxIsLightweight.png
29KB, 779x216px
>>58980872
Has windows ever been worth installing
>also what was you guys favourite os?
Fedora LXDE for workstations, Archlinux for servers.

My Fedora workstation and my Archlinux Database server use around 750mb RAM combined... fast and efficient
>>
>>58980872
yeah it's fine

>fav os
MS-DOS but it may just be nostalgia for my old i386, everything was simple, worked and was perfect
>>
>>58981577
>MS-DOS
I miss MS-DOS... although I remember I had a hell of a time getting Ultima VII to play correctly on DOS. I needed to make a boot disk.
>>
>>58980872
No

Windows 7
>>
>>58980872
no

Win7 or Linux
>>
Chandler > Phoebe > Joey > Ross > Monica > Rachel
>>
File: ByJVOMiIUAAqJDF.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ByJVOMiIUAAqJDF.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>58981806
>>
>>58980872
Actually installed Windows 10 ltsb 2016 earlier on an offline machine, found out there was a bug where WD Drives Passports are no longer recognized on the Aniversary Update, which is the base for ltsb 2016 - build 1607, some users report that after some new updates they work again, others say they are still having issues.
A lot of the trouble from windows 10 seems to be that they are trying to integrate drivers and downloads into Windows update, which is making it somewhat difficult to determine the problems.
I'm trying to find which update fixes it right now. Already tried SES driver from WD and latest intel chipset drivers, most be some KB somewhere.
And for obvious reasons don't use Windows 10 on a system that can connect to the internet.
Just my 5 cents.
>>
XP was the best
but 95 was my favorite purely because i was a kid and it felt revolutionary.
>>
windows 10
pros
-quick
-easy to navigate
-accommodates everything
-typical windows drag and drop and it takes care of the rest

cons
-ads, they push you towards their software. annoying but it can be ignored
-tracking, but it can be 100% disabled in 10 minutes...hopefully
-a lot of the system files and the system drives are untouchable
-it could be much more polished. it has a lot of fat to it that needs to be cut away.
>>
>>58981898
>-tracking, but it can be 100% disabled in 10 minutes...hopefully

Sure, just uncheck the "do not track" box. :^)
>>
>>58981898
>-tracking, but it can be 100% disabled in 10 minutes...hopefully
and possibly enabled through a future windows update
>>
>>58981898
>Implying microsoft will stop tracking you
Im sorry pal, but microsoft does everything they can to track you. If you dont want to be tracked, dont use microsoft.

Also, cons:
Its retarded
So dumb
Literally a backwards step
Anyone in professional environments will opt for windows 7 in a heartbeat
Karlie Kloss uses windows. its for idiots
>>
File: beastie.png (360KB, 3438x2527px) Image search: [Google]
beastie.png
360KB, 3438x2527px
Windows 10 is better than 7/8/8.1 IMO, not better than XP, at least XP after SP2, before that it was a mess.

My fav OS is FreeBSD, been dual booting it with Windows since circa 2001. It just works, it has way fewer bugs and security issues than Linux and has always handled my hardware better than Linux.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.