[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the difference between motherboards like the MSI X99A

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled-1.jpg (248KB, 706x500px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
248KB, 706x500px
What is the difference between motherboards like the MSI X99A SLI PLUS and Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING? Apart from different I/O ports, looks and supporting different RAM speeds they both have many same features. Why does one cost so much more than the other?
>>
>>58969206
different I/O ports, looks and supporting different RAM speeds
>>
>>58969206
one on the left is rog, both are for retards though.
>>
MSI X99A SLI PLUS is a professional SLI gpu for intensive but not the best gaming
Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING is a Republic of Gamers elite gpu, only for those who want the best STRIX experience
>>
>>58969262
>>58969229
>>58969213
These don't help answering the question
>>
>>58969274
You shoud decide if you want to become a citizen of the Republic of Gamers or just a simple SLI PLUS gamer
>>
>>58969206
MOAR PHASES
>>
>>58969274
Alright there buddy, maybe you should look up the specifications for both of them and compare it yourself.
I bet a really good /wt/ watch thread had to sacrifice for your shit thread that should have belonged in /sqt/ small questions thread as a regular post.
>>
>>58969283
nah man, come on I'm interested why one motherboard can cost £450 while the other is £200 while they have the same features such as same amount of RAM slots and sata ports
>>
>>58969307
I told you. One comes with the Republic of Gamers citizenship card
>>
>>58969318
and that is what makes the motherboard cost way more than other ones?
>>
>>58969326
You become a member of an elite club for top class gamers, so yeah, worth it
>>
>>58969326
>He doesn't understand the Republic of Gamers citizenship

Wow...
>>
>>58969332
nah you're trolling me
>>
>>58969342
Do your research on STRIX technology
>>
>>58969206
same core features, random tacked on software/bios shit and aesthetics are all that differentiate

still get the same lanes, same access to voltages and speeds, etc et all
>>
File: electronicasshole.png (844KB, 982x667px) Image search: [Google]
electronicasshole.png
844KB, 982x667px
>>58969318
>Republic of Gamers citizenship card
and you might get a tight little e-asshole to fuck

seriously that top bit looks like a computers puckered asshole

very cool
>>
>>58969353
Thats it? Why do they increase the price so much then? And who will buy a motherboard that is cheaper but has the same shit on it compared to a more expensive one?
>>
>>58969382

retards are willing to pay for gaymur shit

just get a basic gigabyte and stop being gay
>>
>>58969206

The Asus mobo has wifi and ""higher end"" audio using a usually a mix of Intel and ASMedia ports for USB and Sata while the MSI uses VIA USB 3.0 and ASMedia for 3.1. Usually Asus has better quality build compnents as well and is historicall the better manufacturer.

X99 platform isn't optimal for gaming because games don't use multi-threading that much, if you're going higher end just get X99 Deluxe 2 which has 2 M2 ports.
>>
>>58969342
Hes not, I got mine when I bought my PG278Q
>>
>>58969206
It costs much more because you will still buy it. When I was choosing mobo, I have found out all of them have features I want. So I picked the only one with white colors from my fav company.

I didnt care it costed like double the basic ones. Later it surprised me with 6 year warranty.

Tldr: it is all about marketing. Buy the best looking mobo no matter what! And never buy non rgb ram again! It costs the same and lights are added feature.
>>
>>58969213
>and supporting different RAM speeds
isn't it CPU memory controller job?
>>
>>58970095
This
Makers are looking to making the best looking mobo with all the features.
Rather than catering to autists that dont give a fuck about how something looks but still expect all the features but don't want a flashy mobo because side viewing panels are for gaymer fags even though it doesn't matter two fucks if you're gonna slap that bitch into a regular case anyways.
It's cheaper to make one than two.
I ended up with a MSI gameing mobo because of that. The cheep boards just weren't fully featured.
>>
>>58969556

/thread
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.