[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trying to install openSUSE for the first time and cant load the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 20170216_152419.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170216_152419.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
trying to install openSUSE for the first time and cant load the live usb I made. getting pic related as an error.

the live usb does have that initrd in the boot folder so I can't figure out why it can't find it. Tried disabling UEFI boot mode and still not working... any idea why?
>>
>>58966569
How did you make the LiveUSB exactly?
Unetbootin?
>>
>>58966569

Because it's fucked. Do it again and do it right this time.
>>
>>58966614
following this guide to the letter

en.opensuse.org/SDB:Create_a_Live_USB_stick_using_Windows
>>
>>58966631
I'll give it another try, reformat the drive and build it again and see how it goes. as far as I can tell everything worked perfectly the first time.
>>
>>58966656
Did you try its own troubleshooting steps?
>>
did you verify the checksum?
>>
>>58966691
I reformatted the drive before I began. Doing so again for the second time
>>
>>58966719
is it a sandisk? cause they don't work
>>
>>58966715

This one is too newfag for checksums. He only did what the guide said because no common sense.
>>
>>58966735

It is a sandisk actually, might need to change to a different usb if this is true.

>>58966737
Verifying the checksum now
>>
>>58966735
I've had a sandisk work for debian, but only in EFI boot.
>>
>>58966795
>>58966737

Well, looks like the checksum hash is off, re-downloading with verification now.

Thanks for that little bit of direction, hopefully should work now.
>>
>>58966569
linux sux
>>
>>58966656

the guide is shit, I have to try a million different USB boot stick tools until I find one that works.
Try rufus http://rufus.akeo.ie/
for some reason i had that in my bookmarks
>>
>>58966885
>>58969400
nah, guide works. just managed to get it working. Problem was in the menu.lst file adding a '?' to the end of initrd which made grub not able to detect it when saving the document in Windows. Happily installing now.
>>
>>58969646
Enjoy the lizard.
>>
>>58966656
Download Rosa Image Writer and use that instead, no need to follow a fucking tutorial just to make a bootable USB.
>>
>>58969400
>for some reason
The reason is - you are shill.

However, I always use this thing. And it works.
>>
>>58971224
>Rosa Image Writer
>Rufus
>3 words instead of 1
Leave this place.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.