[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My precious mother enjoys accidentally printing 50 pages random

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

My precious mother enjoys accidentally printing 50 pages random pdfs she's reading and doesn't need them. Is there anyway I can set up the printer so you have to walk over to the printer to confirm you want to print something? It's a brother mfc-j8700w
>>
>>58965490
There's no way to print something without having to click additional confirmation as fat as I know. You should really just train your mother better.
>>
Don't leave paper in the tray
>>
File: printer_printqueue_setresume.png (46KB, 561x314px) Image search: [Google]
printer_printqueue_setresume.png
46KB, 561x314px
>>58965490
if there is it's configured on the printer, we do this with MFPs at work but the smallest printer I've seen this feature on was small office MFP/fax combos tied in to LDAP mailboxes or proprietary stuff like uniflow.

However, given that a print system on a PC usually has a pause function, I wonder what would happen if you just wrote a cron job or a windows scheduled task to pause the spooler every 30 seconds and made her manually unpause individual jobs to actually print them.
>>
>>58965593
>Don't leave paper in the tray
that's not a bad idea, but she would need to remember to remove extra paper (if any) when done

Maybe just leave the printer off and make her turn it on when she wants to really print something. But then she would need to remember to shut it off when finished.

They make printers that power off after a period (set by user) of non-use. This forces you to power on each time you want to print (if the period has expired).

Also teach her how to cancel a print job in case of emergency
>>
how about you just turn off the printer, you god damned retard
>>
technology problems are best solved with more tech
add a raspberry pi (or your favorite flavor of shitbox) and turn the printer into a kiosk with a Print button
>>
>>58967005
>mum goes and turns the printer back on
>same problem as before

does she pay for the paper and ink op? If so, who cares, let her be.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170216-000305.png (188KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170216-000305.png
188KB, 720x1280px
>>58967462
I'd almost be willing to bet that she doesn't like wasting money. Ya really think OP is trying to do anything more than to help the helpless?

I'm sure in all the fanciness that is windows there has to be a way to password protect the printer.
>>
>>58965490
write a script that disable the printer every 10 mins and if she wants to print, she has to manually enable it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.