[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, Ghostery has been acquired by some hipster arsewipes... is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (402KB, 1009x876px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
402KB, 1009x876px
So, Ghostery has been acquired by some hipster arsewipes... is this good or bad? Will Ghostery get worse, or better again?
>>
ghostery has been shit for years now, can#t imagine they'll be able to make it much shitter desu
>>
Who even uses that shit? Just use uBlock Origin
>>
>Owned by Mozilla and Hubert Burda Media
>Cliqz
>https://cliqz.com/en/magazine/press-release-cliqz-goes-open-source

Better
>>
>>58960557
Ghostery has been selling your information to advertisers since 2011. Please stop living under a rock.
>>
>>58960637
>>58960594
>>58960576
that's not untrue
>>
>>58960557
lel malware can't be worse than it already is
>>
>>58960557
Ghostery has always been shifty. They block tracking, but then tracked you and sold advertisers what you've blocked.
>>
>>58960557
Ghostery was already owned by an ads and/or tracking company.
And besides being potentially shady, it has already been obsolete for ages due to uBlock Origin.

Nothing of value was lost on this day.
Rest in piss.
>>
>>58960637
The information Ghostery sold was given to them by users who volunteered to do so. The collection of said data was optional and unchecked by default.
>>
>>58960893
>They block tracking, but then tracked you

see >>58961343
>>
>>58960576
>>58960594
This.
>>
>>58960576
>shit
>continue to use it for years

You didn't use Ghostery for years, so how would you know that it was shit for that entire length of time.

Ghostery was a victim of a smear campaign in 2011 and most of you are merely regurgitating the talking points of that campaign.

>Ghostery only anonymously tracked users who volunteered.
>>
File: me and my love.jpg (87KB, 970x800px) Image search: [Google]
me and my love.jpg
87KB, 970x800px
>>58961432

You have to admit a company who sells itself as a privacy advocate and the whole purpose is to block tracking and ads would even allow the option to give data or allow you to be tracked is rather absurd?
>>
>>58960621
>Owned by (((((Mozilla))))) and (((((Hubert Burda Media)))))
Better
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.