[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, this is the future. Thoughts? https://developers.google.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: [email protected] (194KB, 1440x882px) Image search: [Google]
pwa-general-0-@1x.jpg
194KB, 1440x882px
So, this is the future. Thoughts?
https://developers.google.com/web/progressive-web-apps/
>>
>Hey guys, now that everybody makes their applications to be completely web based, we should do something in case of network latency or problems.
>What if we have them store and run the web application locally, and then have it periodically update and refresh its cache?
>GENIUS!
We're looping around into our own assholes.
>>
But what if we made offline stored webapps integrated with cloud?!
>>
>>58960540
no TempleOS is the future
>>
>>58960540
We get Charizard in the future guys!
>>
Good.

Less retarded "muh apps" for everything
>>
>>58960540
terrible. even worse than chrome custom tabs which are already terrible. FUCK YOU FLOENS.
>>
>>58960540
These have gained zero traction since coming out.

Apps are basically dead.
>>
>>58960540
To some degree this is what smartphones should have done to start with, webapps would have been "fine" for most applications.

But look at the fucking mess we got right now, most websites don't work well in mobile devices even when you request the full page, the web design of today is just miserable even for a laptop to which it was designed to be used, developers expect the user to have massive resources to load a simple web page that has design elements that get in the way of the content you're trying to deliver.
>>
>>58960540
Uh, this isn't the future. Stop misleading people.
Google's new thing are Instant Apps
https://developer.android.com/topic/instant-apps/index.html
>>
Other than the poor saps who buy 16gb phones without expandable storage, how exactly does this benefit anyone?
>>
>>58960540

so progressive
>>
>>58964313

Linux becomes viable.
>>
>>58960540
Gracias doctor
>>
>>58962261
>https://developer.android.com/topic/instant-apps/index.html

what exactly is it? in the "getting ready" FAQ it basically just says to remove bloat from your app. Lol, is that all ?
>>
>>58960540
>(((progressive)))

usually this means cancer
>>
>>58964332
what about those of us who aren't autistic?
>>
The first iphone did literally the same thing before applel made the app store.
>>
>>58964369
Using an app without first downloading the app from the store.
>>
>>58964895
It's just a fullscreen website that is partially downloaded to the phone
>>
>>58964544
kek, i remember that old useless shit. good times.
>>
so a service worker is a botnet that checks for updates when you're not using your phone and downloads them?
>>
>>58965014
No it's streamed from the google servers
>>
File: file.png (237KB, 1627x857px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
237KB, 1627x857px
>>58960540
Oh shit, it also works with "Add to desktop..." in desktop chrome
wtf I love future now

>the fucking website only includes pokemon until gen5 so it's shit sadly
>>
>>58969033
>>the fucking website only includes pokemon until gen5 so it's shit sadly

Anything after gen 3 is shit anyways.
>>
>>58969033
>Oh shit, it also works with "Add to desktop..." in desktop chrome
I've been doing that for years, its not the future
>>
>>58962261
>built on Google Play Services
>>
>>58960540
this was in firefox for over a year ago. you can download and run any firefox os app, it shows banner too, and doesn't work without internet
isn't that the same fucking thing
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.