[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

yo /g/ I'm searching for a new browser as google deleted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: browsers.png (271KB, 536x576px) Image search: [Google]
browsers.png
271KB, 536x576px
yo /g/

I'm searching for a new browser as google deleted my data because of AdNauseam.
I'm searching for something WebKit based, where I can run chrome or firefox plugins _and_ can run my own sync server. Android support would be bonus.
Does anything like that exist?
>inb4 use firefox
>>
>>58956544
And another browser thread.
I strongly believe that there should be a sticky about browsers.
>>
>>58956607
yeah why isn't there one? can't lurk the whole day and there's none atm
>>
>>58956544
>inb4 use firefox

Firefox and Chromium are your only two real options.
>>
>>58956691
Any way to speed up FF?
Feels way slower than chromium.
>>
File: chrome-nosoundfuckyoumoot.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
chrome-nosoundfuckyoumoot.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>google deleted my data because of AdNauseam.
What did the botnet do now?
>>
>>58956544
Pale moon
>>
>>58956607
>I strongly believe that there should be a sticky about browsers.

there needs to be a generals thread and a board for consumer technology
>>
>>58956767
There are a number of tweaks you can do to about:config.
>>
ungoogled-chromium
>>
>>58956962
I prefer Firefox personally (I don't give a fuck about their politics or anyone else's) but Chromium is perfectly fine too. I use it occasionally as well (particularly when I'm using OpenBSD because it does work better than their version of Firefox), and if I had to I could use it instead of Firefox and be perfectly happy with it.
>>
OP here, why did nobody mention brave?
Seems like it's on the right way to do what I want, or does anybody have a contra argument?
>>
>>58957837
they plan on having a bussiness model of getting paid by advertisers to clasify their ads as "safe ads" that will be shown through their internal ad blocker. Similar to adblock
>>
>>58958304
sauce?
From their FAQ:

5. Are you using the "Acceptable Ads" model?
There are two parts to that model, filter rules and business deals. Take the second first:

1. We do not use the business model of taking annual fees from advertisers to allow their ads (and trackers for confirmation) to pass unblocked. Our business model does not couple our ad and flat fee based revenue to which ads we block.
2. We do use some of the filter rules that are associated with “Acceptable Ads” to block known-bad domains and URL patterns; and to block and clean up after HTML-native ads.
>>
VIVALDI OR IRIDIUM
>>
>>58956544
qutebrowser with webengine
>>
File: circling the drain.jpg (307KB, 1500x1061px) Image search: [Google]
circling the drain.jpg
307KB, 1500x1061px
JUST
>>
>>58956544
Vivaldi is what I use and it's pretty good desu
>>
>>58956767
use addons that support multiprocess.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.