[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >falling for the Ryzen meme Seriously, Ryzen is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

>2017
>falling for the Ryzen meme

Seriously, Ryzen is going to disappoint. You're getting your hopes up like last time, delaying upgrading your old rig in hopes of getting a deal with AMD, but it's not happening. When everyone realizes how AMD lied to them and the jig is up, everyone is going to go with Intel in the end. And the demand for Intel will be like it always is. Intel will raise their prices or parts will become scarce and you'll be left high and dry because you decided to wait.

I just bought an i7 9650K and I have no regrets because I know it's going to out-perform all of the fabricated leaked benchmarks in the end. Just you watch. AMD hasn't come up with anything good in a long time and there's no way they can close the gap.

Intel is far more reliable and the consumer friendly choice. You go with AMD, and your drivers are crap and nothing works properly. You don't even get Windows 7 support. That's a no buy right there.

Game developers always optimize for Intel, AMD is just an afterthought.

Don't waste anymore time on AMD, you'll regret it in a big way.
>>
File: 1486988147155.jpg (95KB, 751x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1486988147155.jpg
95KB, 751x1000px
le epic unrelated attention grabbing girl image
>>
>>58953035
Not going to give my money to intel anymore
/thread
>>
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

who wrote this?
>>
The only reason I'm waiting on Ryzen is building new computers for the family

I already got a Xeon E5-1650v4 in my system. I'm good for the foreseeable future, since CPU progress is starting to stagnate anyway.
>>
>>58953112
Why would you buildl unreliable AMD machines for your family. Why would you put their lives at risk? AMD is known for causing fires and serious bodily harm.

Intel is the safe choice.
>>
>>58953052
Then you're literally giving your money to Islamic terrorists. AMD is not ethical.
>>
File: .png (10KB, 384x196px) Image search: [Google]
.png
10KB, 384x196px
see the thing is, i get cheap shit from intel. all im really waiting for is a new AMD GPU because freesync > g-sync. getting a cheap 8c/16t CPU would just be the icing on the cake.
>>
File: speccy.jpg (184KB, 674x528px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.jpg
184KB, 674x528px
>put this together back when i had planned to upgrade to an i5 when i get enough money
>mfw ryzen comes around the exact moment i have the money
>mfw even an fx 8350 would be better than a garbage i5 when it comes to the massive amount of video encoding i do, while being about $40 cheaper
>mfw no matter how well the 8core Ryzen performs, it will perform better than the 8 cores FX that outperforms i5s
>mfw i have just enough money to afford that 8core Ryzen
>mfw ( ¬‿¬)
Intel can go suck a dick
>>
>doubting jim keller

OP going to kill themselves in 2 weeks
>>
>>58953552
I hope there'll be a Keller sticky.
>>
>>58953035
Where can I get my hands on one of those cannonlake like your i7 9650K, OP?
>>
>>58953035
sorry, pajeet. no rupees for you.
>>
>>58953117
I dont wanna pay jews and i certainly dont wanna pay isis, so i decided to pay the taiwanese VIA instead.
>>
>>58953574
Didnt keller left after he help completed oversight the design for Zen ?
Did i miss something ?
>>
>>58953035
Yeah I'm excited for Ryzen but not the meme.

Gonna spend more for "anticipated performance" that won't be achievable on the software end during the useful life of the proc.

And that's IF it lives up to the nibbles of hype we have.

Wait for the next cycle, not this (which for AMD IS good) and not Intel refreshes. If your shit is plowing now upgrade video or just wait entirely.

So few of us are doing real video work and so few of us are not getting vidya performance with an 480/1070 anyways.

If your putting shit off your missing the point.
>>
>>58953035
>You don't even get Windows 7 support. That's a no buy right there.
Neither does Kaby Lake, which is a SCAM and you fucking idiots keep falling for it anyway.
Buy Skylake and Z170. Do not let Intel and their partners jew you. If you buy Kaby over Skylake, you either support MPAA violating your rights or you're retarded. Or both.
>>
>>58953626
Zen and Zen+.
>>
>>58953035
>Seriously, (literally everything new) is going to disappoint. You're getting your hopes up like last time,
Yeah yeah, we have these threads every goddamn time. Why do you care what people buy? It's not your mom's money they're spending.
>>
>>58953701
That's his job.
>>
>>58953613
man i remember when via was in the game. CPUs were exciting then. new things were tried

things like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmeta
>>
>>58953662
Kaby isn't a scam in so much as it's slightly more expensive (tens of dollars) than skylake for slightly more performance.

hardly a scam but hardly a decent revision either
>>
>>58953552
Mfw Keller will be Tbagging all the dead intel niggers because they got burned by Ryzen.
>>
>>58953035
>Seriously, Ryzen is going to disappoint
As long as it performs better than the current offerings, I'll be happy. Hell, even if performance was the same I'd be happy because it's got SMT
>>
>>58953823
The only people that should be buying Kaby are LN2 overclockers and Pentium normies. Skylake yields are so good that it's not even worth paying for binned chips when you can just as easily attain the same OCs.
>>
>>58953035
>I just bought an i7 9650K
No you did not. No such thing exists.
>>
>>58954019
completely agree. i upgraded from 3G because my machine was beyond repair and I needed PC yesterday

for me KB made sense and for many it will continue to make sense

real perf right now. thats a thing people need ya know
>>
>>58953035
>0.2 shekels have been deposited to your account
>>
File: 1486231746934.jpg (308KB, 712x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1486231746934.jpg
308KB, 712x1134px
>>58953120
Go on, tell me about the ethics of Intel...
>>
>>58953035
I'm getting rid of my 6600k for a Ryzen R7 1700X. U mad bro? U butthurt?
Also
>You don't even get Windows 7 support.
Who the hell gives a fuck? I like W7, that's why I have it installed on my 2nd pc (that I'm using right now), an i5 2500k.
>AMD hasn't come up with anything good in a long time and there's no way they can close the gap.
How much does Intel pay you to do damage control?
>>
>>58953035
Go Intel! I for one am not falling for the Ryzen meme. I am pretty much alone with my Kabylake-X hype. Cmon everyone, the 7740k sounds amazing!
>>
I've got an ancient Phenom 1055T right now. I'm not exactly maxing it out on any of my games or other tasks, but I'm getting close and hitting about 80%. I do still have overlocking headroom.

I sorta kinda not really have the money to upgrade to Ryzen 8c16t, but I don't necessarily need the performance. I'm honestly more interested in finally having 3.0/1 front headers and such which can be accomplished by a $15 card in my current system.

Should I just wait for the Ryzen optimization or whatever Jewtel shits out next? Maybe in a year I'll be hitting the wall of my current system
>>
>>58953035
> You're getting your hopes up like last time
FX-83xx is good, though. Runs better than most of the i5's.
>>
I'm getting a zen cpu (actually 3 for different people) and you can't stop me
>>
>>58953035
>i7 9650K
What does 2019 look like, anon?
>>
>>58957629
Apparently people are still waiting for Ryzen in 2019. Seems legit.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.