[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he argues that real hacking is nothing like the movies because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: blinikot.jpg (46KB, 422x353px) Image search: [Google]
blinikot.jpg
46KB, 422x353px
>he argues that real hacking is nothing like the movies because he's actually shit at it
>>
>>58951727
>take movie with 10 seconds of keyboard clacking followed by "WE'RE IN!"
>don't show 3 months of dev and testing for exploit
>don't show 20 years of nerding out over obscure code extants.

frankly I would feel better if they just showed straight keyloggers being used cause at least it would be plausible.
>>
>>58953759
you are stupid. you can literally break systems within minutes. the term "script kiddie" did not mean the script kiddies didn't succeed, sometimes they did.
>>
>>58953810
With a basic dictionary attack or a simple password. Half the network attacks you need to have physical access or proximity. Social engineering is your best bet. Rarely will your attack take 3 minutes unless it's your dumb neighbors wifi you nigger.
>>
>>58953810
There was a 6GiB tool kit that was worked on from 98-2005. It had some impressive successes.
RIP ;_;
-konogofv
>>
>>58953852
I repeat, you are a stupid shit. script kiddies run .exes. They do not have to be simplistic methods.
>>
Depends. Do you want to get into this particular thing, or do you just want to get into something that you shouldn't be in. One requires boredom and tinkering around with shit until you find the right combination of variables. The other requires a dedicated team of professionals with a very niche set of skills and if it's a system that's designed to be secure (rather than some shitty email server in your basement) will most often prove to be impossible or at the very non-viable.
>>
>>58951727
Stupid kot poster
>>
>real hacking
>guy just calls up the company and pretends to be somebody and asks a few questions
>>
>>58954110
Last week I got a credit card activated without ID. They normally expect you to have a phone for two step. But because I'm a neet I had to go in. They were so confused about the process on how to activate the card that they didn't ask who I was, just my DOB.
>>
>>58954135

>I had to go in
To a bank branch? Where they will ask to see photo ID on every fucking transaction?
>>
>>58954147
Yep. Commbank is trying to streamline shit by having people pull you out of que to do shit on the computers to the side. So only cash transactions go to the tellers.
>>
>>58954174

>only cash transactions go to the tellers
Sounds shitty. My credit union is a bit more... human.
>>
>>58954341
Oh there's still humans on the computers. It's just so they don't have to have a huge desk full of cash when hardly anyone asks for it.
>>
>>58951727
>>58951727
>>he
>>
>>58951727
This is what real hacking looks like

https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1486521522051.webm
>>
>>58951727
dumb kot poster
>>
>>58953810
I've got some machines with BIND 4.9.6 like a script kiddo. Was easy as fuck. I just executed ./le_exploitosa <ip.address> and got a root shell to do whatever the fuck I wanted in the remote host.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.