[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>linux is r-ready for the desktop i swear!! >y-you should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: linshits.png (103KB, 1301x424px) Image search: [Google]
linshits.png
103KB, 1301x424px
>linux is r-ready for the desktop i swear!!
>y-you should learn how to use a command line anyways!
>linshits will defend this
>>
>>
Linux is for advanced computer users.

>I want to disable integrated webcam
# echo "blacklist uvcvideo" >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

Not so hard except you come from the walled garden of gooey
>>
>try to use both my iGPU and my dGPU in Windows
>because my motherboard's iGPU is too old, the drivers don't support it any more
>if I install older drivers, they don't support my dGPU
meanwhile in Linux land, there's still support for the very first Ati Radeons, the Intel i810 that was used in Pentium 3 motherboards, and some Voodoo cards.
>>
>>58950233
Windows
>Go to indian backed website
Sothatshowyoudisableitviagoinghereandclickhereandhere.jpg
>"Disabled" the thing that was previusly enabled

Linux
>Go into google
>First result
ThishsitissocomplicatedhowdoIdothisIt'sAllText
>Quit
>Go on /g/
>Post memes.
>>
>>58950233
you sure showed us
>>
>>58950233
Windows is literally so shit that even microsoft employees strongly dislike it (not even joking). Linux is aimed at power users and osx at people whose breath smell like cum. Those are your only two options.
>>
>>58950253
>sudo apt-get
>>
>>58950233
>wintoddler can't find GUI tool in linux
>>
The fact that it's so easily scripted is what makes it so useful.

If you don't like it, you're more than welcome to create a gui like that M$ abortion.

It's not like shitting out some basic GUI with script executing actions are hard.
Hell you even have atom shell so you can be all webdev about it.
>>
what a joke
googling something every time you want to do more than once and reading through walls of text vs
going to device manager right click -> disable

who the fuck has time for this garbage? how is this literally going to make you understand computers more? every fucking hardware/software interaction has its own rules of doing shit that noone will ever remember by heart
>>
>>58953598
I'm sorry to hear that you're a clueless moron.

However I must ask that you kindly frig off back to >>>/v/ you piece of uneducated shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOjCJXHJhPg
>>
File: guibabby.png (176KB, 709x484px) Image search: [Google]
guibabby.png
176KB, 709x484px
>>58950233
>>58953598
>>
I know it's boring but someone really needs to just sit around and add a simple GUI option for everything they can think of in Linux. That would solve like 95% of the complaints people have about it. Yes, I know you early-adapter Linux power users find the terminal solution easier than finding the location of some tucked-away subsubsubmenu item, but that's not the point.
>>
File: ubuntu.gif (30KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ubuntu.gif
30KB, 200x200px
>>58950233
Ubuntu is ready for the desktop. Gentoo never will be. Talking about "Linux" like it's some overarching thing in this context makes no sense.

The number of times I have to interfere with my Wife's Ubuntu box to help her decreases year over year and last year was perhaps 2. Updates need work and initial feature install needs work.

No a standard user should not need the command line for basic configuration and functionality.
>>
>>58953014
i'm a power user whose breath smells like cum, what OS should I use
>>
Windows:
>start button
>shutdown
>press whatever key gets you into your BIOS/EFI
>disable webcam
>boot machine
>done

Linux:
>whatever method your DE/WM/distro offers to access:
>shutdown
>press whatever key gets you into your BIOS/EFI
>disable webcam
>boot machine
>done

And then you add some tape anyways, because in both cases you don't really know if the webcam is really off.
>>
>>58950233
Fucking os fanboys are the real problem
>>
>>58953816
>What is YAST
>What is *Suse
>Why is it not popular anyways
>Why is windows, even though you still need the shell if you want to really set something, because there are 4 different GUIs for settings, which all overlap but are not identical.
Both systems fucking suck.
>>
>>58953869
obviously gentoo
>install gentoo
>>
>>58950948
The solution is to stop using hardware that even a toaster can beat nowadays.
>>
File: e39.png (6KB, 311x323px) Image search: [Google]
e39.png
6KB, 311x323px
>>58954039
>>
>>58953869
Apple(R) MacOS Sierra(tm)
>>
>>58950233
>Reenabled after 15 minutes because of windows update
>>
>>58950948
>there's still support for the very first Ati Radeons

lol

Calling that shit drivers is an insult and you will have better performance on Windows.

t. Radeon 9000 user
>>
>>58950233
ironicly you cant disable the cam in windows
applications can load it if they deliver the usb driver
on linux you can kernel blacklist the item and it then you can just on the fly load it

>NSA deposited 10 rupys to your account
>>
File: 1486380232651.png (3MB, 1535x2638px) Image search: [Google]
1486380232651.png
3MB, 1535x2638px
>>58953014
>migrosert wendys
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.