[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw winbabbies will never know what it feels like to compile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1487025966971.png (132KB, 594x530px) Image search: [Google]
1487025966971.png
132KB, 594x530px
>mfw winbabbies will never know what it feels like to compile your own distro and be in control of everything
>tfw gpu passthrough playing overwatch with my riced out desktop
>while winbabbies have to use aero and other custom made themes
>>
>>58949236
It's not much fun and compiling kills your ssd with default settings.
>>
>>58949236
compiling is the only thing in your list that's an overrated waste of time

Everything else is on point
>>
>>58949314
Ask your mom to buy you a better ssd imo
>>
>I waste my time on pointless shit, also here's an anime avatar image
Yeah, something tells me you have crippling mental illness or some other problem(s)
>>
WHY DON'T YOU MORONS JUST DUAL BOOT?!

These threads are so retarded when you can literally just have both operating systems. Unless you're some sort of poorfag or retro retard running a 10 year old setup with a 50 GB HDD as your only storage, it's super easy to set up both operating systems and use each as is necessary.
>>
>>58949385
I think the real issue is that Linux just has no place on a modern desktop. It's a server/workstation OS and should remain that way. But the 16-year-old hobbyists here insist on wasting their time on Linux.
>>
>>58949357
my parents were sociopaths and left me after bootcamp as a teen. i have bad social anxiety and i feel like people are going to make fun of me all the time. also many people have used me to get stuff done for them and they justified it because of my naivety. but none of that matters now that I know how to rice and compile linux so shut the fuck up
>>
File: sad_dogo.jpg (90KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
sad_dogo.jpg
90KB, 526x701px
Once I get ryzen that has vtd I think ill move to ubuntu or somethint and play games through windows on kvm, but I heard pascal doesnt play well with gpu passthrough.. Is this a serious problem or can it be bypassed without too many headaches?
>>
>>58949236
I am not autistic enough to enjoy anything that does not just werk™.
>>
>being autistic and not using your computer to complete tasks
>using your computer as an art project

KYS NEET.
>>
File: 1457565164589.jpg (627KB, 1500x1101px) Image search: [Google]
1457565164589.jpg
627KB, 1500x1101px
>>58949236
>gpu passthrough
passthrough to what? windows vm?
fucking winbabbies, i swear
>>
>>58949236
wintoddlers don't belong to /g/
>>
>>58949385
Why is there always some faggot who hates GPU passthrough for no apparent reason and thinks that dual booting is better? GPU passthrough makes it so that you don't have to reboot to play your gaymez you just start the windows VM.
>>
File: 1486874964076.jpg (72KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486874964076.jpg
72KB, 1024x1024px
>>58949236
>hurr durr I'm better than ~75% of the world's computer users look at me guis lool
I find it funny that literally any windows user is being more productive in every way than you are by posting shitty ohayou template edits with comments self proclaiming yourself as superior on a mongolian fingerpainting imageboard.
>>
>and be in control of everything
t. a roleplayer.
If you were actually compiling everything in your linux box you'd have realized by now that you have control over very VERY little
>>
>>58949236
>look at all the effort I went through just to use windows you jelly
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.