[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one of these fans is better in terms of noise and perfermance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Which one of these fans is better in terms of noise and perfermance for the Fractal design r5? I'm not sure weather to choose the Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 or Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC
>>
>>58943738
The beQuiet fans are rated to be quieter, but I recall a comparison of fans that showed sound spectrum, and the Noctuas had more even distribution, which means less noticeable despite being a couple db louder.
Both will still be well below the noise floor of a typical room even at max speed, so it doesn't matter much.
>>
>>58943781
Show me the graph please
>>
>>58943781
...actually, I just noticed that you're comparing to the industrial PPC version, that fan has the potential to run considerably faster/louder, so it's not apples-to-apples. The PPC fan is louder at similar speeds as the regular ones, so in this case the silent wings would be quieter.
>>
>>58943738
I have the 3000 variant of the nf-a14, they work insanely well with my h110i and I don't ever have to use more than 50% for this 7600k at 5ghz. That being said I don't know how these would work with casefans, of course they would definitely bring a lot of airflow(albeit static pressure fans) at lower rpms than some other fans but around 40% you start to hear it.

I would honestly opt for the nf-a14 ippc 2000 and set it at either 50%-60% or maybe even 70% if you think it's quiet enough, it'll definitely move air for a case.
>>
I'm lookg to know the performance to noise ratio. For example one fan having 60cfm at 30db and the other having 50cmf at 30db. In this regard which fan is better the Be Quiet! or the Noctua?
>>
>>58943738

Same, have 3x industrial PPC, get those and run them around 2000rpm, they're silent enough and even run under water, liteally underwater.

Focus flow
>>
>>58944034
well because slient is a subjective term what DB do they produce at the rpm you run them at?
>>
File: 1472439937443.jpg (529KB, 968x2144px) Image search: [Google]
1472439937443.jpg
529KB, 968x2144px
>>58944026

just search for this stuff urself, noctua 3000 is better imo
>>
>>58944079

Also have a Fractal case and they're quiet, you def need to control them if you're looking for quiet fans then get the standard version or 2000
>>
>>58944129
you have a link to that website? hard to see, got small eyes
>>
>>58944185

http://thermalbench.com/2015/08/21/noctua-nf-a14-ippc-3000-pwm-140mm-fan/4/

http://thermalbench.com/2015/08/17/noctua-nf-a14-flx-140mm-fan/4/

http://thermalbench.com/2016/10/31/be-quiet-silent-wings-3-140-mm-high-speed-fan/3/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.