[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ what was your first IT job like? At my current job, I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 245287-1900_gtasa_guntable.jpg (96KB, 901x638px) Image search: [Google]
245287-1900_gtasa_guntable.jpg
96KB, 901x638px
/g/ what was your first IT job like?

At my current job, I'm just fucking unpacking boxes of new computers and recording their serial numbers. There's nothing technical about this position and I'm wondering if I should just quit or if this is shitty labour work everyone has to do to move up
>>
My first IT job was sitting on a freezing office next to the servers and routinely going into other people offices and fix their computer related shit, which most of the time was an unplugged mouse or some sort of malware.

I wish I was unpacking boxes
>>
>he went the "science" route instead of the "arts" route
>will literally be useless in the next couple of decades as robots will take over
>arts will always be necessary, unless one day we come up with a perfect 1:1 human android

I'm not even sorry for you my man
>>
>>58942721

>implying 90% of art majors aren't unemployed or working minimum wage
>>
My first it job was a data entry at a laboratory from 2013 - 2015. It was pretty good, had my own office, but lots of stupid paper work. But got laid off when they were downsizing then the company closed a few months later. Now I work in IT for the police department.
>>
Not first I worked in a bakery/confectionery at the time they did all their invoices payroll etc etc on one of them toy looking imacs the two machines would fail to boot on a regular basis can't remember the details
The second near proper one where my job changed from working on the line to involuntary I.t guy fucking good money was in the clock and piece time xp blue screen loops made a fucking killing in the off seasons
I now plead ignorance to everything
>>
My first IT job was fixing various computers at my moms office. The office was disgusting and everyone smoked cigarettes inside.

My first actual tech job was as a web dev for a startup. I worked 60+ hour weeks and made maybe 500$ a week if I was lucky. Got to choose my own hours and work from home, so my life for a solid year was living at my parents house, rarely leaving my bedroom, and coding until I passed out at 5 or 6 am. My girlfriend at the time lost interest in me and I developed an opiate addiction. Left that job when the owner of the company was behind in paying me by about $3000, and I realized I'd never see that money. He ended up giving me shares in the company so that he didn't have to sell his house or something.

All the trouble was worth it, because thanks to that job, I had the necessary experience to start a real development job.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.