[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, I need some advice. I'm currently doing a college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1448825268846.png (124KB, 5000x2571px) Image search: [Google]
1448825268846.png
124KB, 5000x2571px
Hey /g/, I need some advice.
I'm currently doing a college course in computing and we have a module about security.
I'm just a wannabe script kiddie but from what I've learned I know that certain things are downright dangerous to use due to how vulnerable they are.
I want to show people how "easy" it is to get into an old unsopported PC over the network (or by copying a file over), specifically a windows XP machine I'll run in a VM.

I've tried fucking around with the fresh install but I can't find any way to get into it. My main question is.
Are there any programs/services that can be installed to windows xp that open up some mayor security holes?
>>
if you're behind a router you're fine.
>>
Yes. I used to take advantage of telnet, some service packs of XP left the telnet port open by default so you simply need to copy the IP address and paste it in the network folder of your file system in order to access XP computer. This was a looong time ago and I hardly remember all the steps to take in order to achieve what you are looking for. However, take a look at telnet.
>>
>>58941731
Oh I know. But I want to make this a pretend irl situation.

"Imagine your grandparents refuse to update, and are running an unsecure windows xp machine". The neighbors have an edgy as fuck teenager who managed to ask for/crack the wifi password. They have the firewall disabled, so he can do x" or "They have the samba service (which I cant figure out how to set up) enabled so they can use the printer, which has a major vulnerability that can be exploited"

Or something.
I mean I can just make a metasploit executable and do the usual "this is why you dont run random exe's" but that's boring
>>
>I want to show people how easy it is to do something
>I don't know how to do it
>>
>>58942691
Well I mean how easy it would be for a non-autisticretard who knows what they're doing to do
>>
I can send an exe or use setoolkit's website attacks but I want to highlight any major vulnerabilities in Windows if there are any.
>>
>>58941267
Have you googled this?
>>
>>58943977
Yeah but no results so far. Maybe I'm googling the wrong terms
>>
>>58941267
>Wants to show how easy it is to break into an old system
>Can't figure out how to do it
My noggin is jogging, now
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.