[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>since 2012 all macbooks (outside MacbookPro 9,2) feature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Kikebook pro.jpg (631KB, 2880x2019px) Image search: [Google]
Kikebook pro.jpg
631KB, 2880x2019px
>since 2012 all macbooks (outside MacbookPro 9,2) feature soldered ram
What does impede to guys like Louis "I can't stop lying" (((Rossmann))) et al to win some money offering upgrades to gullible idiots that buys macs?
Is that difficult solder ram in a board?
>>
>"I can't stop lying"

Is this an >implication that I'm not aware of?

Anyway, he says he won't do it because there's no money in it. And yeah it is kind of difficult.
>>
>>58939670
>Is that difficult solder ram in a board?

The labor, research, and parts acquisition cost alone would be in the hundreds for a retrofit.
>>
>>58939691
Nah, I'm refering to the incident where he said that he was prosecuted by Apple lawyers. I lost all respect I had for him after that.
>>
>>58939858
When what how?
>>
>>58939858
What, you lost respect because he stood up to them? What would you have done if he'd just silently deleted the video?
>>
>>58939879
Some time ago in August I remember.
>>58939881
Not, I lost respect for him because he lied about that. Apple lawyers in fact contacted him, but they never did prosecute or threatened him, only where curious about his bussines and nothing else.
>>
>>58939908
well not prosecute obviously, that's what the prosecutor does. But requesting that a certain video be removed is just being curious? And you lost all respect for him because he used the wrong words?
>>
>>58939858
He never said he was prosecuted dumbass, he said he was contacted by them. And generally when you're contacted personally by lawyers from a huge megacorp, especially one as evil as Apple, you generally assume the worst.
>>
>>58939939
I didn't know that part about of the petition of remotion lad.
>>58939966
He build a scandal out of nothing.
>>
You'd have to do every dram chip separately.....
>>
>>58939976
He didn't do shit moron. He notified people that his videos MIGHT be removed, and that if people wanted to have access to them, they should download them. Only a moron would assume being contacted by Apple's legal team with "you'll be hearing more from us" is "no big deal".
>>
Many high-end laptops today feature soldered RAM for a variety of reasons. Also, being honest here, there's no fucking reason for them not to. None of you ever upgrade a laptop's RAM more than once at most. Give that, the solution is obvious: buy it with the amount of RAM you need, presumably maxed out.
>inb4 can't afford it
>>
>>58939976
As you probably know, he's said in later videos that soon after that Apple got hit by that massive tax by Ireland or something, so their legal team probably got pointed elsewhere. Which is why nothing happened to him.

The guy may be annoying and abrasive occasionally but he certainly doesn't come across as a liar
>>
>>58940016
The RAM upgrade when buying an Apple computer new is ridiculously expensive. Which is why people were doing it with 3rd party dimms. Makes only sense to solder the RAM, thus saving in manufacturing cost and simultaneously forcing people to pay more.
>>
>>58940016
What if I want to take the ram out and use it for something else?

Like the same laptop with less ram if the first one breaks
>>
>>58939966
The nigger put out a video where he was all HELP HELP I'M BEING REPRESSED. CAN'T YOU SEE THE VIOLENCE INHERENT IN THE SYSTEM? /g/ was shitposting about it enough to get me interested enough in the literally who to watch that video then absolutely nothing happened. Looks like a gib more views plox move to me.

The question you should ask is why he had any respect for the guy to lose in the first place.
>>
>>58940016
>one ram chip goes bad
>swap for new one
>go back to work

>macshit ram chip goes bad
>take it to applel store
>they say they cant fix it
>they want $700 for a fix
>you get the mac back 2 weeks later
>all your data is gone
>"oh we didnt know you had anything important on it, sucks to be you man"

Macshit, never again.
>>
>>58940016
>Buy more certified Apple RAM from us now to bloat proof your throttle machine for the future or you'll have to buy one with even less ports next year, goy.
t. Mr Noseburg
>>
>/g/ defending kikes as usual
Never change, cucks.
>>
>>58939716
>manually reflowing tiny-ass BGA chips
this is the problem. I assume RAM chips can be swapped out?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.