[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm inheriting a laptop from my brother and I'm going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Windows 10 start menu.png (283KB, 1021x764px) Image search: [Google]
Windows 10 start menu.png
283KB, 1021x764px
I'm inheriting a laptop from my brother and I'm going to put windows 10 on it. I remember seeing in a thread, I can't remember when, someone using enterprise edition rather than home or professional. what is the advantage of this? if it means no ads in the start menu, this is something I want. main question, what is the advantage of enterprise edition over other editions. thank you and sorry for bad English.
>>
File: bird_6.jpg (549KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
bird_6.jpg
549KB, 1200x675px
>>58937180
install GNU/Linux
>>
>>58937180
different graphic

nobody cares
go away microshill
>>
>>58937200
I have tried many distro in the past and it's not my cup of tea. for school and gaming it is simply more convenient for me to stick with Windows. thank you for contributing.
>>
>>58937217
what do you mean by graphic? are the differences simply design? or is there more to it.
>>
File: bird_3.jpg (3MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
bird_3.jpg
3MB, 4608x2592px
>>58937234
Sad! You should join the GNU/Linux party today.

To actually answer your question
-You can disable start menu ads in any version of Windows 10
-You can only disable automatic updates, and fully disable telemetry in Enterprise W10
There are probably more differences than that, but those are the main ones that will make a difference for most users.
>>
>>58937180
>I'm going to put windows 10 on it
Cuck-ed
>>
>>58937300
Thanks so much! I don't have any issues with Linux outside of compatibility issues with school assignments and also I have yet to surpass the learning curve Linux has. I'm not saying it's very hard to operate because it's not, but I still need to learn how to use the terminal more efficiently and I plan on toying with Linux in the near future. cute birds btw! I've always wanted a pet bird.
>>
>>58937180
>what is the advantage of this
More security features, ability to turn down telemetry to security level. Ads will still be on by default but can be turned off.
If you want no ads by default, you need to put Windows 10 LTSB, either the 2015 or the 2016 version. However do note that LTSB does not have Windows Store.
>>
What you're looking for is Enterprise LTSB. It doesnt have Apps, the Store, Cortana, or any of that shit. Telemetry can be fully disabled, and the only updates it gets are security related.
>>
File: ywyrHntjPZw.jpg (25KB, 491x585px) Image search: [Google]
ywyrHntjPZw.jpg
25KB, 491x585px
>>58938680
>However do note that LTSB does not have Windows Store.

It have. The start menu is one of the ugliest shit i ever saw on my screen. Changed to black theme, but exploider still showed me the white power.
The gayming part was ok, maybe few fps drop will happen. I never saw if i don't count the shitty mso and ps whatever in the start menu.
>>
>>58939250
>I never saw if i don't count the shitty mso and ps whatever in the start menu.

>ads
>>
>>58937300
>start menu ads

Jesus Christ what a concept.
I feel genuinely sorry for the retarded.
>>
>>58937180
>Enterprise LTSB
>Windows 10 Enterprise Long Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) is similar to Windows 10 Enterprise but does not include Cortana, Windows Store, the Edge browser, Photo Viewer and the UWP version of Calculator (replaced by classic version), and will not receive any feature updates, gives companies more control over the update process. Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSB also lacks the same components absent in other N variants (see below), and it is the most stripped down edition of Windows 10 available.
Not the regular enterprise, you need the LTSB.
It still sucks, but at least is bearable.
Actually it's still unbearable, but at least... uh...
>>
Enterprise have higher level of control over its contents. Many settings and Group Policies are "Enterprise only" now, like option to disable all Shop apps or turn telemetry to lowest, "security" level. Note that Education (not "Pro Education") is build on Enterprise and main difference is Cortana being disabled by default (and user CANT turn her back on - its blocked) and "third party shop suggestions" are disabled as well. Any Enterprise can be configured for same results however.

Some people advise LTSB version, which comes without shop, but again - same result as properly configured normal Enterprise, plus LTSB wont receive new builds via Windows Update - you would need to download iso with new build. At the other hand, its sometimes the safest way to install new build even in other versions and just mean little more work with making bootable usb drive and such. Nothing that would stop you.

Home users cant really configure much. Pro is minimum but again - it is still limited in some aspects and as Anniversary Update shows, MS will probably continue to shift more to "Enterprise only" flag.

Im running Edu right now if you have some questions.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.