[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the smartphone the logical conclusion to consumer technology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: smartphone.jpg (27KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
smartphone.jpg
27KB, 600x398px
Is the smartphone the logical conclusion to consumer technology? Nothing has been able to replace it and its use is continuously growing with smart applications.
>>
>Is the smartphone the logical conclusion to consumer technology?
No. Eventually, we'll carry around Internet-connected hologram projectors that will project all of the information we need onto any surface, or 3D space.
>>
>>58935729

Then after that comes Snow Crash-tier embedded stuff so we can access the metaverse from behind our eyelids and control stuff with out minds.
>>
>>58935729
>so that everyone can see what youre browsing at all times

No
>>
>>58935729
Or that thing from a doctor who episode (rise of cybermen, I think) where we'd just have an earpiece connected to our nervous system and keep us connected to the internet all the time. I welcome this future.
>>
>>58935729
No, eventually we'll be able to access the internet in our heads and communicate with others remotely by just thinking about it.

Do you even GitS?
>>
as long as I have influence I will fiercely fight thought-analyzing technology
This is not something humanity is ready for.
>>
>>58935908
>implying the projections aren't added by your smartlens contact lenses
>>
>>58936099
It's because you can't stop thinking about dicks isn't it
>>
>>58935661
Personal Desktop Computers have been around for longer, and their formfactor and arrangement hasn't changed for a long long time.

So no. I think smartphones will eventually become old and patrician once the new thing comes out. The new thing will most likely be >>58935729, or something that sits on the eye as a contact lens and does an augmented reality deal.
>>
>>58936107
>smartlens contact lenses
>botnets on your eyeballs
>they can literally SEE your eyes at all times
nothanks gonna live in the mountains
>>
>>58935661

Yes, and I think it's retarded looking back. I love my old NOKIA devices and have fond memories of it. Texting was fun and checking my e-mail was cool. Anything else like the internet was for the PC in my house. The phone was more or less just a communication device with some cool neat features that made it fun to fuck around with (like customizing it and editing in detail your contacts to make it be as legit as possible). The first few smartphones were cool because they actually offered you some neat shit that made it worth it like GPS navigation, a full on browser, and all that other crap. However eventually the technology caught up and everything just got over priced and everything began to run shittier. Apps began to replace phone features and they were usually shittier. Removable Batteries were removed, mass storage device was removed from phones, SD cards were removed, and botnet like cloud services, carrier apps, and social networking apps began being added to the phone. iOS made technology available for all the "normies" which made it very user friendly by making it simple. Android was the better alternative just soley because iOS sucked that much balls. With that said I think Android is shit too and would have preferred if NOKIA's Meego or BlackBerry 10 won out in the end.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.