[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this board is mostly concerned with computers but i figured i'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: robodickspossible.jpg (30KB, 634x395px) Image search: [Google]
robodickspossible.jpg
30KB, 634x395px
this board is mostly concerned with computers but i figured i'd ask

Anyone know how advanced limb prosthetics are, and if a person with an average income can afford fancy limb prosthetics
>>
>>58923208
if you sign up to test new designs, you get all this fancy shit for free.
>>
People with average income can't afford fancy things, that's the whole point of average income.
>>
>>58923501
you can afford some fancy things if you sacrifice several average things
>>
>>58923501
>what is financing?
>>
File: drive.png (3KB, 326x225px) Image search: [Google]
drive.png
3KB, 326x225px
>>58923208
>>>/sci/
Ma bro.
>>
Just buy a 3d printer and make them yourself.
>>
The problem with robotic prosthetics is you can't just strap them on and start controlling them and even through experimental surgical procedures results are so-so. And subsequently the prosthetics themselves are expensive because there's not a huge consumer market for them so everything is custom-made.

I'm afraid amputees are just too rare these days for much of an industry to exist for them.
>>
listen

a engine battery powered hand like that costs upwards of 30k

a prosthetic hand that is just for appearnace and looks as real as possible is around 11k

basic muscle based prosthesis are like 6k [hands]
>>
>>58925073
>not building your own 3D printed open source LibreLimb
enjoy having your body controlled by the limbjews
>>
>>58925073
I feel as though insurance could (should?) help offset the cost and you could finance the rest.

Say insurance covers half, 15k financing isn't really that unrealistic.
>>
>>58925096
that price reminded me of cars, which made me think.
if you have robotic legs and run on a road, do you need a driver's license, road insurance, and registration? it can be technically considered a motor vehicle
>>
File: 1446863312945.png (162KB, 482x600px) Image search: [Google]
1446863312945.png
162KB, 482x600px
>>58925090
>LibreLimb
>clunky as fuck
>stops working randomly
>post in forum to help debug
>"works with my arm"
>you will never get back the time you wasted installing
>should of just gotten enterprise ready Limb subscription license
>>
File: 1227507907236.jpg (3KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
1227507907236.jpg
3KB, 80x80px
>>58925135
>technically considered a motor vehicle
damned lawyers
>>
>>58925145
>it will improve in the next version!
>if it's broken, I can just fix it! Enjoy paying for repairs, iArm keks!
>can you choose different thumb fingers for you iArm? PROTIP: you can't. GNU/arm mustard race
>>
In developed countries (and some third world developing countries) there is free healthcare and you get the limbs you need for free. Some developing countries like Cuba even have the advanced kind because losing limbs is fairly rare and it gives people a good quality of life.
>>
>>58923560
A broad professional field?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.