[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else getting these popups? Legit or not? I'm siding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Comcast XFinity Popup.png (41KB, 602x302px) Image search: [Google]
Comcast XFinity Popup.png
41KB, 602x302px
Anybody else getting these popups?

Legit or not? I'm siding with the "not" part.

Installed Soulseek and these started popping up in various open windows. They disappear after a few seconds.
>>
And yes, if anyone's wondering, I've since uninstalled Soulseek. They keep popping up occasionally. I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and nothing turned up.
>>
>>58921749
seems fake.

did this come through http or https?
>>
>>58921792
No idea how to tell. It's popping up in Steam even when I visit a community page.

I created a restore point and clicked on "Privacy Policy," and it actually brings up the proper XFinity page (my.xfinity.com/privacy/)
>>
File: 1462071347826.jpg (17KB, 268x284px) Image search: [Google]
1462071347826.jpg
17KB, 268x284px
>>58921749
>xfinity comcast
>>
>>58921826
>implying that I have a choice of ISP where I live and that Comcast doesn't have the monopoly
>>
>>58921811
its not https.

comcast injects warnings like this to tell you if your near your data cap, or late bill, or something like that.

are you renting comcast equipment?

talk to them on chat. the message is something that comcast does, but the message seems wrong.
>>
What is there to say if it's legit or not?
Did you actually try to order something and got an error like it said?
They say it's just the shipping that it's on them, it's not like you are getting 100% free equipment, whatever equipment they are to give you.
>>
File: 1476240000930.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1476240000930.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>58921842
>living in the US
>probably believes in "free market capitalism" still
>>
>>58921996
What joy do you get out of such low-quality shitposting
>>
>>58922010
It's high quality though. The message is just beyond you.
>>
Is there any way at all to see what the process or whatever is called when it pops up? Next time it pops up I'd like to see what it actually is and get any details on it that I can, but I have no idea how to view such information.
>>
>>58921996
must feel good being a cuck.
>>
>>58922094
Bump, because I'd really like to figure this out. Sorry for "not your personal tech support" but I have to protect my vast quantity of anime images by some means.
>>
>united states of cuckstian
lmao data caps
>>
>>58921996
>thinking the US is a free market, especially in terms of ISPs
cute desu, post boipussy?
>>
>>58921893
>comcast injects warnings like this to tell you if your near your data cap, or late bill, or something like that.
Literally MitM attack
>>
>>58922819
Yeah but you agreed to their terms and licence which allows them to turn your pc into a bomb if they want and there is nothing one can do about it
>>
>>58922094
If it's injected by your ISP then there is no process. It's part of the web page.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.