[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to switch from iPhone to Android. Should I buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: vdds.jpg (46KB, 564x645px) Image search: [Google]
vdds.jpg
46KB, 564x645px
I'd like to switch from iPhone to Android. Should I buy the OnePlus 3T or wait for the Google Pixel 2/OnePlus 5?
>>
>>58918774

just buy a cheap huawei tbqh
>>
>>58918774
Don't.
>>
Ironic shitposting aside, I've come to hate both platforms for different reasons. I still use an iPhone but they're both shit. Recently I bought my wife a Blu R1 HD and rooted it and for $60 it's an amazing little thing, no better or worse than any other phone on the market. Honestly I think cheap but passable shit is the way to go. Might just do that in the future.
>>
Not OP but I too am interested in android. Is there a good guide for learning the ins and outs of what phones have the best compatibility with apps and software updates? I've heard that samsung and ilk don't push updates to phones for very long before moving on to developing an android skin for the next flagship phone they are producing.
>>
>>58918854
>wife
>my
>>
>>58918902
>I've heard that samsung and ilk don't push updates to phones for very long before moving on to developing an android skin for the next flagship phone they are producing
That's literally all Android. You buy a device and expect it to be just as shit as it is when you first got it. Simple as that. Also get ready for the crashing and slowness which gets progressively worse, followed by ROM switching and making excuses on /g/.
>>
>>58918902
Select a popular device, go to XDA forumd and browse threads about said phone.

Look for custom rom compatibility, not that you need it, but installing one after two years will increase the phones' usable lifetime very significantly.

The best way to learn ins and out of Android is by viewing it as a PC.
>>
>>58919007
>That's literally all Android

Not true for """all Android"""
OnePlus 3T will have longer support than most, and I'm just naming an example.

Plus like I said here: >>58919051
Custom ROMs will increase the lifetime greatly.
>>
File: hello yes this is bepis.jpg (102KB, 1200x761px) Image search: [Google]
hello yes this is bepis.jpg
102KB, 1200x761px
why not bepis
>>
>>58919007
I flashed my phone back in 2012 and it's still works perfectly. Maybe you should not use roms by N1nj4_h4x3r next time
>>
>>58918774
Unless you're now poor, don't.
>>
bmup
>>
>>58919161
I'm using one from Droid 4. Durable and works great. Has aged well.
>>
>>58918774
if you want the support of being up to date in software, get the pixel brand.

fucking oems just can't get it out on time, and just lurking on xda is probably too much for an iphone user.
>>
Wait for the Oneplus 5. They usually release new phones around the very beginning of summer
>>
File: 1333933930367.jpg (91KB, 400x363px) Image search: [Google]
1333933930367.jpg
91KB, 400x363px
>>58918774
Don't do it. Unless you're switching for a very specific reason that's Android only, iPhone is 100x better for daily use/features.

I was a long term Android fan since the beginning. Had a Note 5 and switched to the iPhone 7+. It's like day and night better.
>>
File: 1478371363381.jpg (34KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1478371363381.jpg
34KB, 338x305px
>>58921494
>>
>>58918774
What a gross little fatty.
>>
>>58920134
Will the new Pixel phones be available in more than five countries?
>>
>>58921699
he's not wrong though
>>
>>58926731
You have to jailbreak to do the most mundane things Android does out of the box, and there's no untethered jailbreak for the latest iOS. It's not even smoother than Android since iOS 7, and having to wait for transition animations to end before the elements become interactive is fucking infuriating.
>>
File: 1486536930090.jpg (468KB, 1184x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1486536930090.jpg
468KB, 1184x1046px
>>58921699
its true tho

the benefit of having one unified, monolithic system is enormous. No phones stop getting updates, no fragmented ecosystem, just one vendor and one phone brand.
>>
>>58919096
That slogan lmao
>>
I'm still using samsung galaxy s3. originally had a rooted one with cyanogen, but it broke so I have a locked bootloader replacement now and stock rom. stock rom slow as molasses but at least the camera is functional on stock, and the thing doesn't reboot itself daily. unlimited through verizon so buying outright is only option. Not sure where to look for best deal on better android phone to replace. I also have 7000mAh expansion battery which you can't do on iphone. then again i think the damn iphone 5 still lasts longer than mine.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.