[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, now that new malwarebytes is a retarded botnet that install

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (72KB, 888x616px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
72KB, 888x616px
So, now that new malwarebytes is a retarded botnet that install a rootkit to prevent rootkits and old version will stop getting updates in 2 months what the fuck are we supposed to use?
>>
Common sense.
>>
Linux?
>>
Avira Free Antivirus

literally only /g/ approved
>>
>>58915709
/thread
>>
Which is the safe version to be on?
>>
>using Windows

you have bigger problems to worry about
>>
Microsoft's built in utilities (Firewall, EMET, UAC, AppLocker, Defender, etc.)

An ad blocker

Common sense
>>
>>58916012
Same as utorrent
>>
>>58915696
>So, now that new malwarebytes is a retarded botnet that install a rootkit to prevent rootkits
proof?
>>
Does the new MalwareBytes still get rid of malware? I only ask because it might be needed in the future. If a family member is retarded and gets a virus, I have no fucking clue how to get rid of it. I normally install MalwareBytes and it fixes it. So as long as it still fixes the viruses, you might just have to put up with the fact it is also a virus.
>>
>>58916687
Once trial ends it gets deactivated.
>>
>>58916694
Yes it will get still get rid of most the shit a regular person will get infected with, used it last week to clean a family members laptop.
>>
>>58915696
>what the fuck are we supposed to use?
Malwarebytes anti-malware, the free version not the premium retard.
>>
File: facepalm.png (28KB, 674x432px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.png
28KB, 674x432px
>>58918266
Are you living under a rock? The free version has the same issues.
>>
Avira and Spybot
>>
>>58918618
>2020 - 3
>Spybot
>>
Malwarebytes Techbench
>>
>>58918576
no it doesn't
>>
>>58916772

>trial
So there's no rootkit in the free version (which isn't a trial)?

>>58918576

>The free version has the same issues.
Where is the rootkit in the free version?
>>
File: file.png (3KB, 482x20px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3KB, 482x20px
>>58919035
Yes, fucking retard, its a base on the new version, you can't even start it if you disable the new forced to be fucking up your computer 100% of the uptime to do nothing shit
>>
>>58915696
>windows
Found your problem OP. I haven't needed a virus scanner in a long time. I don't even open a web browser to download software.
>>
File: 12342345.jpg (12KB, 231x301px) Image search: [Google]
12342345.jpg
12KB, 231x301px
>>58915877
>any """"""""antivirus"""""""""""
>/g/ approved
>>
>>58916772
>after the 14 day premium trial it reverts back to the free version like MBAM 2
>>
>>58919816
>muh any antivirus meme
ClamAV is most definitely /g/ approved.
>>
torrent bitdefender

I don't think there has been any case of the torrent cracked AVs having any issues or being compromised, at least not those from a scene release

I'm surprised this isn't brought up more often, it's about the only answer outside of ditching Windows as a whole
>>
>>58915696
ClamAV
>>
>>58915696
Been using NOD32 forever. It's light and does the trick.

Just crack it or use a pre-gen username/password
>>
>>58916012
>>
>>58915709
>>58915742
>>58916046
>>58919775
>>58919816
No shit, but what do we install on the computers of our technology retarded family members so we don't have to keep reinstalling Windows every 6 months?

I was lucky enough to get the most technology retarded using a decent distro, but some people are just stuck on fucking awful Windows.
>>
Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>58915709
>Having to effectively shut yourself out of the large majority of the internet just because you might get one a virus and don't want to use an ant virus
Isn't this akin to having a safe space
>>
>>58923668
User with no administrator privileges.
>>
Common Sense 2017
And VirusTotal for any suspicious EXEs
>>
>>58923668
I install Linux for my family because they don't need much besides a browser or office suite. Works fine for them. What the hell is your family doing that they ask for Windows?
>>
>>58915696
Botnet?
Explain
>>
ESET Internet Security or Avira Pro /g/?
>>
>>58924365
Avira is garbage. ESET is decent.

When I used antiviruses, I was using Kaspersky Internet Security. It's a good thing that includes on-demand sandbox environment for you to run suspicious files in, an easily configurable firewall that offers a decent level of protection (especially if you happen to be a part of a shitty local network) and its algorithms are among the best ones.
>>
>>58924560
I just tried KIS 2018 for a while and found it heavier overall
Uninstall process was broken too.

I don't download random shit, just need something resident that is light and stays out of the way, while being lighter than Windows Defender. I also would like protection from virus infested USB drives at the office.
Seems that ESET might be the current best option.
>>
>>58915696
Well, I keep updating my MB(free as in freedom :^) ) and I think I didn't had that rootkit.

IMO, maybe it's only for the most recent ones like 3.0, but if you got an old version, you will be fine and most likely still get updates anyway.
Or they could announce it when they will stop the support as well?
>>
>>58924560
ESET is great at blocking attacks, but pretty mediocre when to comes to file detection.
>>
>>58924560
Overshilled shit like Kaspersky and Bitdefender are resource hogs.
>>
>>58924638
>I also would like protection from virus infested USB drives at the office
KIS does that and more.
Can't help it if it slows down your PC, albeit I haven't seen that happen to me, and I was using pretty weak PC myself.
>>
>>58925873
You know, you should either get an overshilled shit that actually provides you with all sorts of protection or use your common sense and run none of that shit at all. I see little point in the middle-ground.
>>
>>58915877
>the only AV which took style lessons from MySpace, with all those fucking giant ads and the account thing
>good
>>
>>58916772
>he doesn't have a premium for life account
pleb
>>
>>58924638
Eset is paid though.

It roots itself inside the system and there us no fucking way you can uninstall it easily without damage to your OS. Think twice before you put that on your machine.
>>
>>58915696
>now
Well, not even last night's storm could wake you.
I gave up on it as soon as I realised one can't simple delete MalwareBytes Anti-Malware because it has something on autorun and always in you so you have do use some tricks to uninstall a simple scanner that should be pefrectly portable in the first place.
>>
>>58915696
MalwareBytes Anti Exploit and common sense.
>>
All these tech illiterates represent more than 50% of /g/ use-base these days

killeveryoneinthisthread,jpg
>>
>using AV or MB
it's triggering.
>>
>>58916534
why even use utorrent? i never understand why people use old versions of utorrent when they can just download transmission or deluge
>>
>>58919859
>torrent bitdefender

Isn't just one of those "keep using keys from time to time?"

Who would be so retarded to download a torret of it instead of the trial from the AV site?
>>
>>58924099
>Having to effectively shut yourself out of the large majority of the internet
U fucking wot?
>Don't run exes you don't trust
>Don't fall for obvious java drivebys
Literally no other way to get a virus sans day 0 exploits.
>>
I bought NOD32 and MBAM. The keys you can get online for both don't work after a while, and cracking your security software is retarded. Not sure if I like NOD32, but the new version of MBAM is pretty great.

Considering finding a different AV before my license expires in May.
>>
>>58929589
>The keys you can get online for both don't work after a while

And you just need to spend 10 seconds to change them, awesome reason to buy it
>>
>>58915696
>install a rootkit to prevent rootkits
Fighting fire with fire. What's the problem?
>>
>>58929731
You need to have brain issues to get a rootkit
>>
>>58929695
>And you just need to spend 10 seconds to change them, awesome reason to buy it
I'm not a poorfag, though, Anon.
>>
>>58915742
And for those of us who don't want to take a stability and productivity hit by running a hobby OS?
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/linux-pioneer-munich-poised-to-ditch-open-source-and-return-to-windows/
>>
>>58929764
Pay for your software and you will never get malware in yout exes
>>
>>58915696
You don't need an AV. You only need common sense
>>
>>58931984
just b urself man
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.