[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Master/slave is now called primary/replica Political correctness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: JUST.jpg (75KB, 744x358px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
75KB, 744x358px
>Master/slave is now called primary/replica
Political correctness aside, how is slave even synonymous with replica? Are slaves clones of their masters?
>>
>>58915287
What about leader/follower?
>>
>>58915287
>Master/slave
Please don't use those terms any more. Use "Herrenrasse" and "Untermenschen" instead
>>
Why not auxilary?
>>
>Americans are now called cancer.
Political correctness aside, how are Americans even synonymous with cancer? Are Americans abnormal and invasive growth of their Jewish masters?
>>
>>58915315
That's offensive to Coast Guard volunteers.
>>
>>58915336
How and why would you know that?
>>
Did they replace slave/master due to buttblasted Burgers? Did anyone inform them that America didn't invent slavery?
>>
>>58915419
>Be Greek
>Probably had enslaved ancestors down the line under the Ottoman rule
>Only truly independent since the last century
>Mfw I am not allowed to use that term because of my phenotypes
>>
>>58915419
It turns out that throughout history, the only known instance of slavery was white evil men enslaving innocent black people.
>>
>>58915287
>how is slave even synonymous with replica?
It's not. Slave was a dumb name for a replica of an existing database hence why they just simplified it.
>>
>>58916834
>Slave was a dumb name for a replica of an existing database
On a bus, slave actually makes sense, since the master controls when the slave can send data
>>
>>58915287

according to fucking who?
>>
>>58916983
I think they also use primary and secondary too. Master and slave isn't very descriptive for a lot of things but it does work there.
>>
>>58917095
Yeah, it's not the best. For a bus, specifically, I think host/guest would be best. primary/secondary is just atrocious though; it doesn't explain a bus's behavior at all.
>>
File: 20170212_190537.png (157KB, 1439x2460px) Image search: [Google]
20170212_190537.png
157KB, 1439x2460px
>>58917087
Alex.js
>>
>>58917095
Back in early 00s when I was still using IDE the motherboard had primary master/slave secondary master/slave etc because of multiple ports.
>>
>>58915964
No, but it is the kind of slavery that became a global wide business with the most amounts of slaves, the worst conditions and the only one not yet abolished so deal with it
>>
>>58915287
>How is slave even synonymous with replica?
Clearly it's not.
The intention was to replace slave with a different word, such that everyone knows what it means.
For that purpose it doesn't have to be a synonym of the old word.
>>
Eastern Europeans are literally called slaves (slavs). But no, whiny American negroes constantly need to bitch about everything.
>>
>>58918505
Maybe some people don't enjoy being oppressed?
>>
>>58918559
Then why are they using Windows?
>>
>>58918588
>Then why are they using Windows?
Because they are sheep.
>>
>>58915287
Whatever happened to primary / secondary?
>>
File: file.png (6KB, 297x485px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
6KB, 297x485px
>>58918005
>make list of words you don't want people to use
>put it on the internet
>...
thanks for the list anon
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.