[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ays I'm starting out with Java after sort of getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: java.png (37KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
java.png
37KB, 250x250px
Hey /g/ays

I'm starting out with Java after sort of getting the hang of Python, but I decided I needed to move on with other stuff.

Anyways, I'm looking for good interpreters, everyone mentions Eclipse or NetBeans but those seem a bit bloated and my pc it's pretty slow, python's IDE was great because it did everything I needed without useless things.

Any help?
>>
Eclipse is fairly good, netbeans looks ugly as fuck and it always gives me problems.
>>
>>58912827
IntelliJ or GTFO
Eclipse second place
Netbeans never
>>
I use Intellij IDEA personally.
Never used Netbeans but idea is definitely a lot more pleasurable to work with compared to eclipse.
>>
>>58912871
>>58912874

Seems like a good one, but how much memory does it consume? I have a shitty laptop that lags with everything and I really don't want to wait 30~ seconds for the thing to open up, or is it actually light?
>>
OP here, I have Xubuntu installed dual booting it with Windows 7, and I'm pretty fucking useless talking about Linux, but do you guys think I'll get a better programming experience in that OS?
>>
>>58912898
I think it might be a bit better than eclipse in that regard but I'm not sure.
You should try it and see for yourself.

If memory is a problem maybe you can also try something like Visual Studio Code with the Java plugin.
Note that there's a difference between "Visual Studio", which is a full blown IDE, and "Visual Studio Code", which is a text editor with plugins that provide things like code completion.

>>58912930
>do you guys think I'll get a better programming experience in that OS
Most of the time it won't make much of a difference.
>>
>>58912898
All of these IDEs are hugely bloated. You can just use nano or vim or something if you'e just doing some small scale hobbyist or school stuff desu. Then use javac to compile and java to run it. If you go with any of these IDEs, you will have to wait like a minute for them to startup + 25 seconds to open up your project properly.
>>
>>58912898
doing java on a laggy machine and you are gonna want to kill yourself
>>
>>58912827
Please stop, dont learn java as it will fuck up your thought patterns. Learn a lisp first and then come back
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.