[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really don't understand why ultimately on /g/ there are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

I really don't understand why ultimately on /g/ there are a lot of threads saying Firefox is gone. Could you please explain me what's the problem with Firefox? I googled (really i use startpage) and I find nothing. Anyway I don't see any problems in my Firefox.
>>
>>58909487
Most of it's just shitposting, but there are plenty of complaints about Firefox these days. The latest one is that they're changing the addon system to webextensions, which is going to break some addons. Not just "and then they'll have to be fixed" kind of breaking, as in a "the thing this addon does is impossible by design under the new system". The fact that the main reason they're doing this seems to be because its the addon system Chrom[e,ium] uses dumps some gasoline on that particular fire.

There's continuing complaints about speed. Much work has been done to improve it, and it hasn't really amounted to much. Chromium is still clearly faster.

The old complaints about Australis and so on are still there. A lot of people have the impression that they're trying to copy Chrome, and not even managing to do a good job of it.

A certain kind of person is obsessed with FF's market share, which has been declining (mainly at the hands of Chrome) for several years.

/pol/ is butthurt at Mozilla for retarded /pol/ reasons.

There's probably a few other things I'm forgetting, but that's the idea.
>>
File: 1431531795250.jpg (430KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1431531795250.jpg
430KB, 1920x1080px
>>58909487
Fagtrons will be fagtrons.

Firefox OS is dead though.
I uninstalled it because it gave no cellular. Then they cancelled it completely.

Firefox headquarters seems to be a bit too emotional, I guess.

On another note:
Is there a fork that allows making websites standalone applications using gecko?
>>
>>58909544
Thanks for the answer anon! Very useful..but i have another question now: which browser do you suggest to use? Remain with Firefox or switch to....?
>>
>>58909595
I stayed on FF. Debian has 45ESR which hasn't broken any addons yet. 52ESR is coming soon, and won't have the addon-breaking either, so it'll be 2018 before I really have to bother. I don't find the speed bothersome, which probably has to do with running uMatrix and killing most JS. I don't want to switch to Chromium because I don't want my browser talking to Google. (yeah, yeah, there's the ungoogled-chromium patchset, but idk how well its maintained and I don't want to compile chromium myself every few weeks anyway)

And there is always Pale Moon or one of the other FF forks.
>>
>>58909487
>>58909544
>>58909595
>>58909642

This is the reason firefox is dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=888cNM2Bmyo
>>
>>58909642
Tks my friend.
>>
>>58909655
stupid pajeet stop sharing shit
>>
>>58911771
fuck off content industry shill
>>
its not

alot of the people here use windows and compare chrome to it

they never look under the hood (abou:config) and tailor the system to their distro
>>
File: 2016-05-05.png (61KB, 1004x1374px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-05.png
61KB, 1004x1374px
>>58909487
It's Google shills because Google realized that a lot of /g/ is still using Firefox.

Google makes a lot of money by you using Chrome.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.