[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an engineering project at my uni and I have to build a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I have an engineering project at my uni and I have to build a 10 key numberpad for it. What would be the simplest circuit for such a setup?
>>
File: 1486827421665.jpg (70KB, 860x513px) Image search: [Google]
1486827421665.jpg
70KB, 860x513px
>>
>>58906451
>>51971506
>For tech support/issues with computers, use /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests or one of the following:
>>>wsr
>>
>>58906757
>>58906815
>For tech support/issues with computers, use /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests or one of the following:

read again please. I'm looking to build one. Buying premade with plug and play drivers defeats the point. This is about the engineering of the circuit design then writing code for the input.
>>
>>58906935
>This is about the engineering of the circuit design then writing code for the input.
>>>/wsr
if you want help for your homeworks.
>>
>>58906451
Struggle. Don't cheat. Not a good habit.
>>
>>58907296
looking for ideas isn't cheating. Just wondering how I should tackle this. I'm looking at a matrix. it uses a fair amount of IO pins though.
>>
>>58906451

google "keypad circuit" and build that

you are now a top engineer
>>
In order of pin usage, it would be scanning each button, scanning each button with a PISO shift register(s), or a decoder ic that uses i2c or something.
>>
>>58907522
ok, I'm learning awful Matlab in this class and I have to use Matlab combined with labJack. I'm half tempted to wire the switches in series with resistors if Labjack has some decent ADC pins. I haven't received the LabJack yet though from the school so I'm not positive what model I'm getting.
>>
>>58906451
Multiplexing.
>>
>>58906451
Cherry MX switches, with each switch hooked up to ground, and a GPIO pin on an ARM controller.
Alternatively, a 2x5 matrix, that way you only need to use 7 pins instead of 10, but you have to do a bit more programming.
>>
>>58908202
I purchased a set of mx switches already. I'll probably borrow the keycaps off my ten key for the project. I didn't think of doing a 5 by 2 matrix. I will probably do a 4 by 3 matrix. Same number of pins but gives me the possibility of using a couple more keys if needed.
>>
>>58908384
Yeah, the programming and board design is much simpler with 2x5 matrix, and uses the same number of pins as a 3x4. (EDIT)
If you have more pins available, it wouldn't be hard to wire up a couple more for the extra switches on a separate circuit to keep it simple.
>>
Bumping thread.
I'm drunk and bored. Ask questions pls.
>>
>>58909377
whoops thought his was /sqt/
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.