[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ryzen is around the corner. Windows 7 support is not there from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Ryzen is around the corner. Windows 7 support is not there from the motherboard manufacturers, so Windows 10 or GNU+Linux are our only options.

How do you intend to use Windows 10 on Ryzen without it spying on you? Virtualization? Dual boot with no network for Win10? Firewall blocking everything except browser and Windows update? Are you gonna go GNU+Linux only and say goodbye to M$ forever? Or are you just gonna accept the cock up your ass and take it like a man? I feel like this is a decisive moment in the history of computing.
>>
I've had windows 10 installed since day one and my dad who works at Ms confirmed that non of my data got onto their servers thanks to peerblock and Spybot anti Beacon.
>>
>>58904755
I'll buy Jewtel and build a Hackintosh.

Microsoft a poo and Linux doesn't work.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 244x206px
>>58904755
Does anyone on/g/ virtualize Windows 10 under Linux with GPU passthrough? Does it work reliably enough for daily use? Is it a bitch to set up?
>>
>>58904755
You know you can use Ryzen and Kaby lake with no problems with 7 right?

IGPUs wont work at 100% but they will work.
>>
>>58905080
As far as I know, that 'support' isn't done because it's for shit like extra pci lanes ect.
Stuff that we wouldn't need from a win 7 standpoint. correct?
If you need that stuff chances are you're not even running windows.
>>
>>58905080
It's still unsupported. If something goes wrong, you are SOL. Someone will probably figure out the mobos that work best with 7 and they will be constantly out of stock/scalped.
>>
File: 1216158885043.jpg (81KB, 424x565px) Image search: [Google]
1216158885043.jpg
81KB, 424x565px
>>58905080
>You know you can use Ryzen and Kaby lake with no problems with 7 right?
>>58905185
>It's still unsupported. If something goes wrong, you are SOL.
>>58905080
>You know you can use Ryzen and Kaby lake with no problems with 7 right?
>>
>>58905080
+++
>>
You do what I do. Mac for computing and shitposting, win10 for gaming only. My PC is essentially a huge console.
>>
Dual boot with no network, I have no need for Windows outside of games and some short audio work and I don't need the web for that.
>>
>>58905080
Intel just released w7 drivers for kaby igpu, so it is officially supported now.
>>
>>58904755
> without it spying on you?
Close your eyes and think its a hoax.
It does not have to be real for you to think it is.
>>
>>58904755
>It's a babby gamer needs bleeding edge gear thread

Stop playing video games faggot.
>>
>>58905459
link?
>>
>>58906808
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26563/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?v=t
>>
>>58904755
the "no support" means that you won't get tech support if shit goes wrong. It's getting harder and harder to say that confidently with microsofts jewery as of late.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.