[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got these maglev fans which apparently are pretty silent and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

I got these maglev fans which apparently are pretty silent and have a great range, 400rpm to 2000rpm.

Unfortunately, as it turns out, the BIOS on my shitty ASUS motherboard only allows me to set 60% of the speed of a fan as minimum, which is way too much for this thing. Speedfan doesn't help either.

Do I have any options besides returning this or putting a resistor somewhere in between? Could it be solved in software somehow?
>>
>>58882375
try contacting your mobo vendor, explain your situation and ask them for a custom bios
depending on the manufacturer you might get lucky
>>
Just stick a potentiometer in there somewhere or buy some chink fan controller.
>>
>>58882453
great idea, thanks
>>
Reduce the amount of voltage your fan recieves and it should slow down.
>>
>ASUS

AI Suite fan control
>>
>>58882977
That worked but it only works in windows

So I decided to return the piece of shit and get a noctua fan instead
>>
>>58884087
>but it only works in windows
like any real software
why making your life hard, just give in to the botnet
>>
>>58884105
It's a piece of shit software that eats ~10% of CPU doing nothing

Even if I used botnet 24/7 it's not a good idea

Though I could probably set up a script to run it at start-up, set the fan speed, and get it to fuck off maybe but it still would have helper processes and whatnot
>>
>>58882375
That's weird, my old Asus Z87-PRO could get PWM fans all the way down to 0% (as in completely stopped).
>>
>>58882375
You can't use a resistor on pwm fans. You need to actually decrease the frequency of the pulse. A fan controller would be your best bet.
>>
>>58884158
No anon, the frequency is 25kHz, you need to decrease the duty cycle.
>>
What about Speedfan?
>>
>>58882375
go into bios
run fan test
disable smart fan

now it will work right

asus software is fucking annoying and conflicts with certain fans/water pumps
>>
>>58882375
>>58882894
>>58882961
The Corsair ML fans are PWM, not voltage controlled. You can't stick a resistor in there.

>>58884158
Close, but still not there.

>>58884176
Aye.
>>
>>58885545
Then get some chink pwm controller or just get pic related
>>
>>58885263
No such thing in this shitty riced bios

>>58884149
Mine's a Maximus V Extreme, Z77
>>
File: 41AmxnolTdL._SX425_.jpg (23KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
41AmxnolTdL._SX425_.jpg
23KB, 425x425px
>>58885581
this just amazon it and if you want it to look neat do it with 2.1mm jacks and fix the cords to the case
https://www.amazon.com/Xking-Light-Strip-Dimmer-Plug/dp/B018ZIQ0DY/
>>
>>58885545
So get a PWM hub
>How to I make my PWM fans adjustable?
>>
>>58885545
Actually they are voltage controlled and you can just stick a resistor in there, PWM just cycles whatever voltage is being supplied
Even at lower voltages you still get the full range of PWM
>>
>>58882375
Remove a couple of blades.
Make sure they're opposite each other.
>>
>>58887834
If I recall right, Corsair specifically says they need the full 12 volts for the maglev to actually work. You "could" control their speed with voltage alone, but you'll probably start dragging the bearings and kill their reliability.
>>
File: maglevs, fucking fucks.png (10KB, 311x143px) Image search: [Google]
maglevs, fucking fucks.png
10KB, 311x143px
>>58882375
>>
>>58882894

that's retarded it'll break
>>
For that matter would the h100i v2 pwm connectors werk with these fans?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.