[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So basically Agile,DevOps and whatnot are just philosophies to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: front-image.png (21KB, 640x398px) Image search: [Google]
front-image.png
21KB, 640x398px
So basically Agile,DevOps and whatnot are just philosophies to turn workers into robots and drain them of their energy as much as possible so that product can be finished faster for extra shekels?
They show it as some fancy idea that is good but basically its just the enslavement method?
>>
hey, I work in devops!

its a pretty chill job
>>
>>58882312
explain a little bit more anon , i want to know what devops is. It is not a job title right?What is your actual role? Im sick of fucked up definitions on wikipedia...
>>
Devops means getting OK at a lot of things, but not good at any of them. Devops people are at the lowest end of the knowledge and skill ladder. Don't fall for it.
>>
>>58882606
so they are like a middleman between experts in their fields? i thought devops is not a job title..
>>
>>58882325
Middle man between programmers and sysadmins
>>
>>58882622
It's not a title, it's a process. There are two teams that work together, usually in the same room, as opposed to how it was previously: developers and operations. Operations care about the resilience of the software over time, developers create the software. Devops means that these people merge their skills, and become good at neither.
>>
>>58882703
Thank you for explanation. Is this process generally forced upon workers in companies? Is it actually a good thing?
>>
>>58882724
Usually app developers use this process, in order to push that update every week.
>>
>>58882283
No idea what you guys are talking about. Where I work, dev ops primarily maintains and helps facilitate all internal operations.

This means the set up and config of servers (like with puppet or similar product), making sure infrastructure is properly patched, and working with NetEng and sysadmin to make sure permissions and communications across the development infrastructure is sound. They basically enable the development team (or programmers/engineers) to do their job.

It's like a hybrid of sysadmin, NetEng, and middleware management. We have dedicated teams to managing hardware, they manage the software and OS on those machines (obviouslu they are broken down into subteams)
>>
>>58882703
Devops is a separate team that coordinates between Dev and Ops teams, you still have those separate teams with their specialization
>>
Im about to start work i nokia as working student. any sugestions how to survive?
>>
>>58884558
don't be afraid to sleep your way to the top
>>
>>58884929
what do you mean?
>>
>>58884936
u kno what I mean ;)
>>
>>58882893

The whole thing though, is if your company had good management that could actually communicate with each other there would be zero need for a DevOps team. I've worked in a company with poor management and a DevOps team, and I have worked in a company with great management and just standard developer (or "projects") department and operations department. I would take great management with separate departments ANY day of the week. If there is good communication, and your employees are not overworked you can easily throw a sysadmin or two onto a project for a few weeks. It's not a big deal, and the workflow is smoother.
>>
>>58882283
is the new cs word meme like "software evangelist"
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.